Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #601
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Rivers , Alaska
Quilting Rally

I think a quilting caravan would be fun- just give me 10 months or so to finish my airstream reno.
Carmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #602
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Ormond Beach , Florida
I quilt and was thinking of making a quilt for the bed and a throw for the couch. I wanted to use airstream novelty prints but haven't found any I am crazy about.
rharbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #603
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB International
Anacortes , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharbuck View Post
I quilt and was thinking of making a quilt for the bed and a throw for the couch. I wanted to use airstream novelty prints but haven't found any I am crazy about.
I've also searched high and low for airstream novelty prints; perhaps we should just design our own!
lmgreenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #604
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
I can silkscreen! That is a GREAT idea to make our own...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #605
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
Great Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink1 View Post
Any chance you could do a "custom" print? There are lots of things that feature the smaller trailers--with good reason since they're so cute--but few if any that feature the larger ones. We have a 1980 Excella 31 and I would love to have something (fabric or paper) with a silkscreen or woodblock print that features a longer trailer. Something not "cute" but really clean graphic/crisp. I bet others might like something like this, too.

Just an idea...
Sue
Disneysue925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #606
2 Rivet Member

Anacortes , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysue925 View Post
Any chance you could do a "custom" print? There are lots of things that feature the smaller trailers--with good reason since they're so cute--but few if any that feature the larger ones. We have a 1980 Excella 31 and I would love to have something (fabric or paper) with a silkscreen or woodblock print that features a longer trailer. Something not "cute" but really clean graphic/crisp. I bet others might like something like this, too.

Just an idea...
Sue
Sounds like Pink1 has the start of a new career!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #607
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
I am working on a cool clean graphic of our Excella, I'll share when it is finished. I am a professional artist, as well as being a teacher. I am working on a mural right now, and when it is finished I will go ack to that project.
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #608
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
Yes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatiero View Post
I am working on a cool clean graphic of our Excella, I'll share when it is finished. I am a professional artist, as well as being a teacher. I am working on a mural right now, and when it is finished I will go ack to that project.

Sound AWESOME!!! Finally, perhaps, some graphic respect for the long ones!

Can't wait to see it!

"If you can dream it, you can do it..." W.E. Disney

Sue
DisneySue--yep, that's me!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #609
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Ormond Beach , Florida
Quote:
Can you silkscreen on cotton?
rharbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #610
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
I could probably silkscreen on anything that isn't moving very fast. If somebody came up with the graphic I could repeat it and use it to make a screen. Who ever wanted it would have to send the fabric and include the cost of me sending it back once its finished.

Would be cool to have a landscape or background scene already on the fabric and silkscreen wee silver airstreams tooling around on it.

How much would I do it for?
Initial set up fees would be around 20 bucks. Once the screen is made we could all use it for different fabrics. Somebody do the artwork and send it to me and maybe I can do a run on just whatever I have laying around, post a pic and see what you all think...

Tess, your quilting thread has been jacked by the printers!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #611
2 Rivet Member

Anacortes , Washington
This has such amazing possibilities! I'm getting really excited.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #612
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Count me in for buying fabric or paying to have my fabric silkscreened. That would be awesome!

Kay
Minno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #613
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
How about us BIG girls?

Quote:
I could probably silkscreen on anything that isn't moving very fast. If somebody came up with the graphic I could repeat it and use it to make a screen. Who ever wanted it would have to send the fabric and include the cost of me sending it back once its finished.

Would be cool to have a landscape or background scene already on the fabric and silkscreen wee silver airstreams tooling around on it.

Initial set up fees would be around 20 bucks. Once the screen is made we could all use it for different fabrics. Somebody do the artwork and send it to me and maybe I can do a run on just whatever I have laying around, post a pic and see what you all think...

There are many images of the cute/small trailers available.. Reminds me of being in junior high school and wishing I was petite. I was 5'6" at age twelve. Petite wasn't happening.

Now I'm wishing I was 6'6". Then I'd still be skinny. How about putting at least a few bigger trailers in the graphic? We may not be cute, but we have feelings too...

Sue
Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #614
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
Quote:

I would love one of a 25FB if someone can do a graphic for it!
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #615
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Quilts of Valor block

As promised last spring, here is the block pattern that we can use for a Quilt of Valor quilt or 2. My idea is for anyone who wants to participate, to make a block and send it to me. I will put the blocks I receive together into a quilt top. It then goes to our local quilt shop that I frequent, where it is picked up by one of the (mostly professional) longarm quilters in the area who donate time to quilt these quilts. The quilts then go to someone who donates time to put binding on them. One of the longarm quilters has an "in" at Walter Reed Hospital, so that is where the quilts we donate locally go to.
Please don't trim your block, I will do that when I put them together. That way any differences in seam size, etc. won't matter. I promise all blocks will be used, and I will post pictures when the tops are done. I would like to have blocks by the end of January, so I can get them together before spring.
I'm thinking that light colored background fabrics would be best for uniformity. Patriotic fabrics are always welcome but so are almost anything else, so please don't feel limited in your fabric choices.
Since I can't post my address on the forums directly, please PM me for my address and I will get it to you.
This pattern came from another quilter who gives it out at quilt retreats, and asks everyone to make a block before they leave out of their scraps. She then puts the blocks she gets into quilt tops for Quilts of Valor. That's where I got the pattern and idea.
I hope I can get a few blocks from around the country to send off! And please feel free to send more than one block if you want!

Kay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quilt 01.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	323.2 KB
ID:	143737   Click image for larger version

Name:	quilt 02.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	143739  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf quilt 01.pdf (16.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf quilt 02.pdf (10.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #616
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Pillow cases

My best girlfriend, who is also a quilter, made the pillowcases for me for my birthday. She searched the internet for the fabric and found it at Keepsake Quilts internet website. She's always giving me grief abut "this weird obsession with pink flamingos and Airstreams. What's with that?" so it was really fun to get these from her!
Found the Christmas earrings at Natures Jewelry catalog and website, and couldn't resist. Guess I'm collecting pink flamingos now!

Kay
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0788.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	306.6 KB
ID:	145550   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0790.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	368.6 KB
ID:	145551  

Name:	DSCN0785.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	145552  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #617
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
What have you been working on lately?

Love the cute flamingo fabric Kay!

Here are a few projects Ive been working on:

The dresden quilt is finished and I just completed the cowgirl star quilt top and backing last night.

This weekend I would like to move onto making some Christmas gift potholders for a few on my list (in between putting up the outdoor Christmas lights)

What are you working on?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	quilt collage.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	145559   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5874.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	145560  

Name:	IMG_5880.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	145561  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #618
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
I took an all-day class a couple of weeks go and came home with this tote. I love the fabric - found it in a quilt shop in Floodwood, MN a year or so ago and have been waiting for the right project to use it. I was quite pleased that I was able to center the motifs that I wanted to showcase!
I love your quilts, Jezibels!

Kay
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tote 01.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	145591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tote 02.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	145592  

Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #619
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
Have y'all ever heard of Spoonflower or Fabric On Demand for larger amounts of printed fabric? If you want something completely unique, it's a great way to go. Spoonflower and FOD aren't the only ones, there's others out there.

Spoonflower: Print custom fabric on-demand
Design and Print Custom Fabric Designs on Demand

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #620
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
I took an all-day class a couple of weeks go and came home with this tote. I love the fabric - found it in a quilt shop in Floodwood, MN a year or so ago and have been waiting for the right project to use it. I was quite pleased that I was able to center the motifs that I wanted to showcase!
I love your quilts, Jezibels!

Kay
LOVE it, Kay!
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quilting