Old 07-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #589
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Kool! I'm going to get a Quilts of Valor group together here this fall. Summer is just the wrong time for me to do anything like that, especially since I don't even darken the doorway of my sewing room in the summer. I have a quilt square in mind for everyone to do. Have to get Hubby to help me get it into a format people can print out to use. I'm not realllll savy with computers. It's in the works!

Kay

Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #590
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
Placemats and mug rugs

Here is a project I finished while up in WI this passed weekend. Placemats and mug rugs for my sister. Lately Ive been getting the piecing, backing and binding done at home and bringing the projects with, finishing the hand quilting at the campsites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3999.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	134631  

Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #591
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Very nice Jess! She will love them.
Smiles,
Pink
Old 07-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #592
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Richland , Michigan
Very cheerful and summery. She's lucky to be the recipient of these!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #593
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Rivers , Alaska
Quilts of valor

Kay- I'm up for anything I don't have to be in charge of- and I love the idea of giving us the pattern!!! I'm in!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #594
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Just got back from a 3 day bus trip for the Minnesota Shop Hop. We did 11 shops in NW Minnesota in 3 days. We did that portion of MN because they were offering 2 half yd pieces of batiks per shop as a gift for visiting during the Hop. It was a bus of 40 women, and we spent a total of $18,377 among all of us! Just stimulating the economy! I got some cool stuff - will post when I can take some pictures. Lots of batiks which I love, and a few kits for wallhangings. Got some camping fabric too with airstreams on it!

Kay
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #595
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
. It was a bus of 40 women, and we spent a total of $18,377 among all of us! Just stimulating the economy!

Kay
My husband is glad that I don't live anywhere near you.
Averaged $459 per person. Gulp....

Missy
Working on that though.
tyndalelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #596
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
First time I've ever done anything like this. I did my fair share of the shopping, but I saved up for it. I won't need to buy anything for a really long time! Our bus driver is glad his wife doesn't quilt either. I need to quit my job now so I have time to quilt, but then I don't have any money to quilt, but my job is REALLY cutting into my quilting time. It's a problem....

Kay
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #597
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Port Angeles , Washington
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Tell your wife other women Airstreamers would love to have her post and talk with us. I have a portable Jenome for quilting that I carry in the arm storage of the Airstream couch and I frequent quilt shops that we encounter and usually pick up patterns and materials and at least start the process of cutting out the pieces on the road if but for nothing else, because of a hectic traveling and exploring schedule. But it's always on my to do list... Ask you wife if she thinks a womens's caravan to wine, cheese, and amish quilts would interest her. I wonder if a quilting rally could render unique squares and fellowship and make a friendship quilt of airstreamers from all over.
I loved your photo's, especially when I saw that you had visited my area, Port Angeles, Wa. ;>)
Old 08-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #598
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Richland , Michigan
Quilting rally

RE: "Ask you wife if she thinks a womens's caravan to wine, cheese, and amish quilts would interest her. I wonder if a quilting rally could render unique squares and fellowship and make a friendship quilt of airstreamers from all over."

Now THAT's something I could get behind! How does one begin planning a rally of this type? ...and don't forget - there are men who quilt, and do so beautifully, so not necessary to limit to women.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #599
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
The idea of an AS caravan to Amish quilt country gives me goosebumps all over! We've had a very sad personal loss in our family recently and in addition a son has worsening health; since this, I've not been able to focus anything, much less on sewing or quilting. However, months ago I had registered for a Paula Reid 2 1/2 day workshop on machine quilting tips and techniques. I didn't want to go at all when the past weekend of the workshop arrived, but two quilting friends picked up me and my Bernina and we attended. I am so glad we did. Not only did I become much more comfortable with my "big" machine, but I did manage to focus, practiced, got involved, and now I feel I'm on my way to being over the "sad" hump, ready to get back to life again. Little miracles Then today, my daughter-in-law walked in the house carrying cutting mats, boxes of fabrics, a major bonanza of quilting "stuff." Her grandmother was a quilter; her mother who is not was clearing her mother's things after her passing, and packed up all the quilting collection for me. I now have her "stash," a new rotary cutter and mat, many rulers, lovely collection of quilting templates and stencils, 12 beautiful handembroidered squares in blue which I've dedicated to a quilt for my four year old grandaughter--her great grandmother as the embroidery hand, her grandmother (me) as the setting and quilting hand, six embroidered small squares for a baby quilt, hundreds of already cut hexagons for a Grandmother's Flower Garden, all the strips and some squares already cut for a Christmas quilt, batting, and on and on. I feel God's nudge and wink telling me it's time to move on past grief and to get back to work to put all of Jennifer's grandmother's gifts to good use. Other than a few items I will add to my collection and use, I'll donate much of this to our PieceMakers' group to turn into quilts for Girls' Town and for an Indian reservation in ND that they quilt for. Just had to express my happiness, after a sad summer, with quilting friends who will understand. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 AM   #600
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Richland , Michigan
So sorry to hear of your loss and sadness Georgia! It does indeed sound as though God is giving you a nudge back toward healing through reminders of the gifts of good friends and therapeutic and rewarding hobbies. May those help heal your heart, and may Max also find healing in the passing of time and reminders of the good that balances the bad and the challenges life throws our way. All my best to you both, Liga
Old 08-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #601
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Rivers , Alaska
Quilting Rally

I think a quilting caravan would be fun- just give me 10 months or so to finish my airstream reno.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #602
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Ormond Beach , Florida
I quilt and was thinking of making a quilt for the bed and a throw for the couch. I wanted to use airstream novelty prints but haven't found any I am crazy about.

Tags
quilting