Old 11-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #295
TAC-TN3

2005 31' Classic
near nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezibels View Post
Here is a resource I stumbled onto on another blog, Connecting Threads, check out their clearance fabric prices, clearance kits (I love the fishy one) and their thread prices. Has anyone heard of them? I have never ordered from them but will pretty soon.

Closeout Kits from ConnectingThreads.com
hi jezibels i have ordered from this source many times over the years. they have good prices and service.

pat

Old 11-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #296
R n B

1965 17' Caravel
1961 24' Tradewind
Ephrata , Washington
Have any of you shopped on line at Marshall Drygoods or Thousands of Bolts? They have first quality fabric at very good prices. Fast, reasonable shipping. You can spend HOURS just drooling over fabric. BUT--if you see something you like, you had better buy it, because it goes quickly. I have found several pieces that match a collection that I have, but my local store is out of a particular matching fabric. (ie the Happy Camper Vintage trailers by Clothworks). It's been a while since I have been on either site. I could start my own store with my stash, so my DH frowns when he sees me 'window shopping'.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 AM   #297
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Westfield , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by King O D Road View Post
Have any of you shopped on line at Marshall Drygoods or Thousands of Bolts? They have first quality fabric at very good prices. Fast, reasonable shipping. You can spend HOURS just drooling over fabric. BUT--if you see something you like, you had better buy it, because it goes quickly. I have found several pieces that match a collection that I have, but my local store is out of a particular matching fabric. (ie the Happy Camper Vintage trailers by Clothworks). It's been a while since I have been on either site. I could start my own store with my stash, so my DH frowns when he sees me 'window shopping'.

I have ordered from Thousands of Bolts before and was very pleased with their service!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #298
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Westfield , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Ebay has them, just do a search "singer 221 bobbin". You can get a dozen for a couple of bucks. Your local singer service center has them, most sewing machine repair centers will carry them too. They are very common. If you have ONE good one you can usually match them to something in the big box sewing stores too.

SINGER 221 Featherweight Bobbins-100 of them brand new - eBay (item 290505923798 end time Dec-03-10 12:46:10 PST)

Here's 100 if you want that many!

Paula

WOW, thanks! I was just hesitant to order any for fear they wouldn't really be the right ones. Good to know they're not hard to find after all.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #299
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
WooHoo

Guess who just won a Singer 319 with all of the critical attachments on EBAY? Reasonably priced too.

Paula
Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #300
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quilt Patterns

VINTAGE APPLIQUE QUILT TOP~AMERICAN BEAUTY BOUQUET~ROSE

This is the quilt I would LIKE to make, but haven't found the pattern.
Anyone out there see this somewhere.

I can get hold of something similar however. Like it?

American Beauty Rose Applique quilt top pattern 1930's - eBay (item 200533654927 end time Dec-19-10 04:22:52 PST)
Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #301
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #302
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Beautiful quilt! I want to make one of those. Between all of the other projects wanting my time Maybe I can start on it in about 3 years or so?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #303
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Guess who just won a Singer 319 with all of the critical attachments on EBAY? Reasonably priced too.

Paula
You go girl!!!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #304
R n B

1965 17' Caravel
1961 24' Tradewind
Ephrata , Washington
Congratulations on your new "Baby"

Isn't it satisfying when that timer winds down and it says "You are the winner"?

Can you tell me the advantages of the 319? What it weighs and so forth. I have two Bernina's, one big one with all the bells and whistles, a smaller "Portable" which weighs a ton, and my 3 Featherweights. For quilt classes and weekly quilt group, all I need is straight stitch which is what the Featherwights were designed to do. Just wondering if I am missing out by not investing in yet another machine. Oh, won't my DH be thrilled with me. Bonnie

Quote:

Paula
Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #305
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by King O D Road View Post
Isn't it satisfying when that timer winds down and it says "You are the winner"?

Can you tell me the advantages of the 319? What it weighs and so forth. I have two Bernina's, one big one with all the bells and whistles, a smaller "Portable" which weighs a ton, and my 3 Featherweights. For quilt classes and weekly quilt group, all I need is straight stitch which is what the Featherwights were designed to do. Just wondering if I am missing out by not investing in yet another machine. Oh, won't my DH be thrilled with me. Bonnie
If you ever want to sew your little finger to the cloth you are working on, the 319 will do it! Seriously - as a kid my mother had the 306 - same machine, but didn't have the built in 5 specialty stitches - you had to install cams to get them. I made upholstery on it that included corded edges - four thicknesses of upholstery fabric or fake leather - and had no problems other than finding the big needles and heavy enough thread. (before the internet) The stitch is very even, very dependable. The damn things just never break because they are all steel internally.

you are probably good with the Bernina's and the featherweights. The 319 weighs a ton. It will live in my office, not the A/S.

Paula
Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #306
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
The registration guide for the Paducah quilt show is now available at www.americanquilter.com.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #307
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Sad to say, I will not be doing the wool quilt just yet. Pendleton's Woolen Mills put a maximum order weight of 10lbs a week on their orders. Since I was doing 3 quilts for the A/S I needed at least 3 times that. The nice girl who was helping me could only get me about 5.5lbs this week and could not hold it for me till she had gotten enough for the entire order. With separate shipping costs, I decided to wait a few months to see what comes up. It seemed to be forced to try it right now. Really bummed, but then again....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #308
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hold on to your woolen quilt idea, Nicki. What a wonderful throw for traveling in your Airstream. I met with quilting friends at a local shop yesterday for a "sew all day" session, working on a two-year-old Thimbleberries quilt that I really don't much care for, the finished design that is, too scrappy with some printed squares-yuck. I've decided to finish all the large and small pieced squares, disregard the assembly instructions and set it all together to please myself. So there, Thimbleberries! And then, silly me, I signed up for another square of the month quilt at the shop. I just have no resistance I'm looking forward to putting the holidays behind me and settling in for some deep winter sewing. We've decided to try to go to the Can Opener Rally in Florida the week after New Years and I'll take along my darling Featherweight to piece on a picnic table in the Florida sunshine--surely it will be warm and sunny! Best laid plans and all that...~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quilting