Old 08-28-2004, 08:16 AM   #15
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by argosy20
I have taken some photos of the damage of my home, and the damage to my trailer's home (it lives on a farm a little North of me). I will put them in my photos section for a brief time, if anyone wants to view them. Terry
I will be removing the storm photos that have no Airstream content from my gallery this weekend, we have probably seen all the carnage we want to by now...
Terry

Old 08-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Terry, your photos just took away my breath. Best wishes in the aftermath; I cannot even imagine trying to restore order of such chaos. Thanks for sharing them. They made an event states away seem close and more understandable. Your Argosy seems unscathed though fallen debris was close. Is that so? Hope all around you have been safe.

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #17
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Terry, your photos just took away my breath. Best wishes in the aftermath; I cannot even imagine trying to restore order of such chaos. Thanks for sharing them. They made an event states away seem close and more understandable. Your Argosy seems unscathed though fallen debris was close. Is that so? Hope all around you have been safe.
The debris fell where the Argosy normally sits when it is at the house. I evacuated when I learned the storm was turning toward Cape Coral, with little more than an hour before the center of the storm was predicted to strike. Fortunately for us, the storm made a little "jog" and went North about 10-15 miles, directly into Punta Gorda. Power is still out as of today (8-28-04) in most of that area, which looks like it was subjected to sustained arial bombardment. More power is being restored daily, but in some areas the whole system was destroyed, and has to be rebuilt from scratch. FEMA is bringing in hundreds of travel trailers and mobile homes for the victims who have lost their homes. They can stay rent-free anywhere from 6-18 months, provided they pay the utilities.
Most of my neighbors fared relatively well, few injuries, but most of them lost part or all of their roofs.
Terry