Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1973 31' Sovereign
Bertram , Texas
Looks like there is no lack of support here. I can tell you I have a marine and an airman who appreciate your thoughts, add (their cousin, my nephew) a Seal and my young friend from the army and rest assured they appreciate all of your thoughts.

Hey, I did twenty years Air Force, but I never had the guts these troops have!

I'll stand with you all..behind...or in front of any of these troops!!! I suspect every little bit helps!

"There’s not much in life we can’t over-analyze”
rmpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:53 PM   #16
1962 24' Tradewind
1962 24' Tradewind
Canyon , Texas
God Bless the USA

Thank God for todays "all volunteer" GI's. There are none better. I know this isn't the forum for political discussion, but I dispair when I see the national media and remember the 60's and 70's.
bill b. USAF '65-73

1962 Airstream Tradewind
2001 Ford 7.3 Diesel
bilby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:28 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Thanks for all the support so far. If you have of a son, daughter, father, mother, cousin, nephew, neice, grandpa, grandma, friend serving or having served...or just happy to live the life we have here in AMERICA, please share this link w/ them.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1984 31' Airstream310
Richmond , Kentucky
For all of you reading this who have served our country in any capacity, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Without you, our lives here in America would be VERY different.

"Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?"

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
1974 31' Excella (soon-to-be carhauler)
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #19
Rivet Master
Visited Mom at JB National cemetary today...reminded me again how thankful I am for all our servicemen/women have and are doing for US(A). See post #1.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #20
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Never served, but have always appreciated those who did. Visited the wall in DC and found the name of a close friend. My dad was a quad fifty gunner in WWII off rail platforms. Unfortunately the Army didn’t have any and they sent him to the Pacific. No railroads. He was lucky for most of the war, but was with the troops that went into the concentration camps at the end of the war. Changed him forever.

Also had one uncle that flew B17s out of England, O1 Birddogs in Korea, jet fighters in the cold war, and evac choppers in Vietnam. DFC, two Bronze Stars, and others too numerous to mention. Another who flew P51s in WWII and F86s in Korea. Another who we are not really sure what he did in WWII. He always liked solving puzzles. Kind of a quiet gentle soul. All we really know is there is a Purple Heart and a Silver Star in his foot locker, that I have. Oh, and he was OSS.

I wish all our troops were home. I wish we didn’t need them. But we do, and I really appreciate their sacrifices.

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #21
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Was a navy Corpsman in Vietnam, another one of those questionable endeavors. Right or wrong, it was our country and "my' men needed what I was trained to do. Nothing else mattered (certainly not the politicians nor their politics). Heard some nonsense when I got back but mostly appreciation, actually. These guys over in Iraq are ours, fighting and risking their lives, they belong to us. Anything else belongs to the politicians.
Bill & Kim
34’ Classic Limited w/slideout (Anabelle)
Chevy Silverado * 2500HD Duramax * LTZ
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218

The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I missed this thread on the first go around. Thanks for bringing it back.
I enjoyed all of the comments, and appreciate the support I see displayed - in stark contrast to what we currently see and read in the media.
To each of you who have served in the military - I salute you. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice, and the sacrifice of family left behind when you leave them to serve.

As I watched the video clip, it struck me for the first time the emotional toll that the military folks must endure as they attend these funerals in war time. Watching family after family grieve, experience loss, confusion, "why me", "how will this affect our young children", etc. Some of that feeling of loss MUST be transferred to them. My hat is off to them as well.
Thank you to all who responded in this thread, I've enjoyed your thoughts and experiences.

Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote