Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Maybricks
Question Phoenix to LA with flatbed?

Hi All

Third posting... doing well for a newbie Shame that all so far are asking for help!

We have just bought an Airstream which appears to be a 67 Overlander from a guy in Phoenix Arizona. The trailer seems to be in good condition externally and has most of its original interior.

I have been looking for quotes for shipping to the UK from LA. It now seems that we have a more reasonable quote for ro ro shipping to the UK but this does not include door to port.

I have listed on uship but have not yet received any bids. I was wondering if any Airstreamers are traveling from Phoenix to Long Beach empty and would like to earn an extra few dollars for their trouble

Flatbed tow truck would be better as I am not sure of the running gear.

Alternatively a bumper pull would be ok but the guy we bought it off isn't willing to help us at all and we are not sure of the condition of the running gear, so it would need to be checked by someone who is familiar with Airstreams for safety first

We would be grateful for any help or advice and of course be willing to pay for any help given to get us to the port

Here's hoping
James
Maybricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
James, are you taking your Overlander to the East coast or the West coast? It is over 3000 miles between the two coasts I have seen topics for your trailer for both. Shipping would probably be much less from the East coast.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Maybricks
Hi Overlander63

We were looking for the East Coast due to the cost but have been told by several shippers that its blocked till the end of August and it will likely be September before we can ship

Our first quotes for Long Beach were coming in at $8000+ but we got one for less than $5000 toward the end of July so I changed my message

We are the shippers mercy and they really mess you round so we are still not certain and the guy we bought it off isn't helping

I guess it will work out in the end just need patience....

James
Maybricks is offline   Reply With Quote