Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Pensacola Pacer Raffle Results

We got home from the Region 6 Rally in TN last night. On Saturday night the Region 6 President drew the winning ticket for the 58 Pacer at the end of the evening program. We called the winner, Bobby Parker, and had him on the PA system so the audience could listen in when we told him he was the new owner. He lives in Pensacola and bought his ticket at a car show we took the Pacer to in Sep 2005. None of the Pensacola members at the Rally knew him. He mentioned he has several antique cars. This show was the first event we took the Pacer to. We will deliver the Pacer later this week and hope to get pictures of the new owner with his Airstream. We also hope to get him to come to our unit rally which is this weekend. I'll add pictures when we get them later this week.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Herb:

Congratulations to you and all the other hard working members of the Pensacola Unit who restored the 58 Pacer, towed her around the country to show and sell tickets, and conducted the wonderful raffle. Now that I know some other lucky fella won, I'll have to switch to a new daydream channel in my otherwise ordinary, unshined life. I hope you raised a bucket full of $$$$ for your Unit, its activities and campground. Excellent job all around!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Thanks, Herb, to you and your entire unit. I enjoyed meeting you and seeing he Pacer in Ft Walton Beach months ago on a business trip, then seeing you again at the International and, holy smokes, again at the VAC Rocky Mountain rally in Creede! You didn't get to sleep much in your bed at home this year. And thanks for the polishing class in Creede!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Well, I'm glad my Pacer went to a good home! The winner is one lucky fellow, that's for sure. You all did a wonderful job. Maxwell let me know he missed his GT buddy at the rallies this year ~ I'll bet you'll be glad to be working on your own projects again! I wanna see that O'lander soon ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote