Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
I found a photo of the carpet with a couple of special visitors during the West Branch Rally.

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outdoor carpet.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	68285  
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We have a gray/black astro turf rug that we never us. It is heavy, holds dirt, and stays wet. Don't even know why we keep it in the storage bay...in fact I say I'm going to take it out before every trip. But I always forget. My wife actually got another and cut ti down to fit the free standing awning...never have used that one.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Lowes Have a sale WHERE? I have never seen a sale at Lowes. We get the flyer's but its never a sale more informative than anything.
I wondered when they would put the folding grills on Sale ,They DON'T The lady that waited on me said they will just put em on the top shelf or in the back BUT NEVER A SALE.
Oh Sorry Carpets I have encountered this yr are of recycled plastics of some kind,are colorful, do not absorb water,can be washed out with a hose and dry fast. Sources Im told are Wal-Mart,Camping World just mentioning what I remember. We will have one come next yr.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
"Special Visitors"

That's funny - I know who was the owner of your "special visitors" because of the "clothes" she makes for her pups. Pretty amazing sewing, and it's unusual to be able to know who the owner is just by seeing the dogs!

Roger knows too, don't you, Roger?

p.s. I alsl like the carpet!
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Ryan
Yep we love those pups, and we really like the people those pups own,LOL
Humm seems I remember that carpet Too Ryan,sorry Memory not as good as it once was.Oh we missed ya at East Harbor SP . OH also we had rain every one of the 4 days and the carpets I saw helped to a point.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
The question was raised...

The question was raised...
Quote:
Shari that is so cool. tell me you did that for real and it is not a staged photo
Yep, it's absolutely true - not staged at all! The sun (white glare by the pan) was reflecting off the concave inner door. It was melting the rug (dark area above pan) as it moved from south to west. We did move the pan to keep it in the "hot spot" and the egg cooked and was actually sizzling. This picture was taken July 2004 during a rally Open House in Cheyenne WY...there weren't any trees and it was hot!

I have since made a snap on "slip cover" for our inner door. It has a message center and place for our "rally cards"...the rugs are too expensive to replace every couple of outings.

Shari

P.S. Thanks for asking Frank ~
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Shari I see you have been out at a rally where it is hot enough to fry an egg. Have you been to any rallies where it is wet enough to rain cats and dogs?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We found an inexpensive ($29) 6x9 (perfect size for the Bambi) outdoor carpet made from recycled plastic bottles... We got 2...one is a gray that nearly matches or awning and the other is a brownish color...water goes right through them, they dry quickly and they are very light. Got them at Costco. I don't think we can fry eggs on them, though. (If that's a requirement...)
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Diesel View Post
We like THIS one at Camping World. Price is OK. Our first one lasted 3 years - just bought a new one.
Easy to wash when you get home. Folds up reasonably well.
Ditto.....used the new one for the first time on our last trip!

We originally bought ours because it gave our dog a place to lay down without getting filthy. But, we found that it really helps keep things cleaner inside.

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Lowes Have a sale WHERE? I wondered when they would put the folding grills on Sale ,They DON'T The lady that waited on me said they will just put em on the top shelf or in the back BUT NEVER A SALE.
Roger
Roger,
I'm not a super shopper or anything, but at the Lowes at the Pointe (near Pgh Airport) they hang a little yellow and black tag that says "Clearance" with a lower that regular price. I always assumed they were trying to move seasonal stuff so they didn't have to warehouse it through the off season. Today, I also noticed a small table top grill that is stainless steel, about 2 ft wide by 1 ft deep - propane driven. It's little yellow tag marked it down from $79 to $69. I thought about it and decided that it might come down another 5 or 10, so I'd wait. Of course they could sell them in the meantime. I don't know if it's a "folding" grill or if it's what you're looking for, but I can run over again tomorrow and snap a pic and post it. If you want it, I'll pick it up and get it to you at the next Mid-Ohio rally we can both make.

By the way, we missed you at the West Branch rally. I was hoping to meet you and get some insights on your axle change out.

Roy
Old 09-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Roger,

Marie snapped a shot with her cell phone on the way home. Let me know, if it's what you're looking for. It doesn't look like it folds down.

Roy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	grill.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	420.6 KB
ID:	68434  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #32
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
If you happen to have a polished trailer...stay away form any that are nylon as the reflection from your polished trailer will melt it and/or fry an egg.

Wanna know how I know?

Shari
Ha ha ha the only RV with built in solar cooker for off grid breakfast! What will those Airstream people think of next! Ha ha ha
Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
I use a Patio Cloth my Dad purchased from the Airstream Store in 1963. It is green duck (waxed canvas). The dark green / brown color never looks dirty.

It is not fancy but is very functional and continues to look good.

The Airstream Store claimed that it should last virtually forever. They might be right. 47 years later, it is good as new.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Scan.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	97165  
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote