Old 08-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Patent Number tracking HELP

Can anyone tell me how to go about (on the web) tracking a patent number back?

I have gone to the patent office page and get only as far as a page that is blank after putting my number in. Apparently I need something called a TIFF viewer to proceed.

I have tried and failed. the number is 2262990 and there is the number 183 near by, both stamped into the device. I know what the device is (a window sash balance) and that it has to be at least 49 years old. I hope to find more information including perhaps some of the manufacturers.

This has nothing to do with the Airstream, but someone might one day need to track a pat number for a part from one of those too.

Thanks in advance.

roadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Roadeo, this link, which may be the one you have seen, gives links to free downloadable TIFF viewers:- This is just a bit of software, like Adobe Acrobat, which enables you to read the files. My apologies if you've already tried this link. Nick.

Nick Crowhurst, Excella 25 1988, Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel. England in summer, USA in winter.
"The price of freedom is eternal maintenance."
nickcrowhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Apples Quicktime opened it for me. Pretty cool. Never did a patent search before.

Download the free player at....
AIR# 123

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote