Old 02-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Panama Red's Steaks and Brews at Ft Pickens

Hey gang, I kind of mentioned this in my thread on campgrounds near Pensacola, and thought I'd expand on it a bit...

I've got some training to attend in Pensacola on March 9 -11, and decided instead of being locked down in a hotel room that I'd drag The LoveStream (tm) with me, and ended up choosing Ft Pickens to camp at (at which to camp? Grammar nazis, help me out here) Supposed to be a really nice beach there...

Anywhoooo, just wanted to invite any and all that would like to come around and grill a steak and enjoy a beer (or adult beverage of choice) and maybe even camp for a few nights (in your trailer, not mine) to come on out. I'll be in site E033, grill will fire up Monday afternoon (March 9) at 5:00 pm. Bring a steak, a side dish, and a chair with you. I'll provide baked potatoes and a beer or two, unless this thing gets out of hand, then it's every man for himself....

Hope to see you there, let me know if you're coming so I can get the baked potatoes going...

-Red, social animal...

Old 02-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
z , North Carolina
A Hoot!

Red,
I hope our paths cross some day. You're an absolute hoot. I would love to sit down and have a steak & a beer with you. You always post with something funny & lighthearted to say about EVERYTHING!. Love to read what you have to say. You and so many others on this board make it a real delight to be here. Thank you so very much for being the exceptionally kind person that you are. I vote you the AS character of the month!
All the best to you & your family, and enjoy the heck outta dat steak!!
Gavin

Old 02-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
Hey gang, I kind of mentioned this in my thread on campgrounds near Pensacola, and thought I'd expand on it a bit...

I've got some training to attend in Pensacola on March 9 -11, and decided instead of being locked down in a hotel room that I'd drag The LoveStream (tm) with me, and ended up choosing Ft Pickens to camp at (at which to camp? Grammar nazis, help me out here)....
Grammar Rule: One does not end a sentence with a preposition.

Practical advice given by Sir Winston Churchill: That is mere pedantry... up with which I shall not put.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Thanks Gavin! Load up and come on over! I'll include you in the "Free Steak Club" just for nominating me for such a prestigious award! It's a VERY exclusive group, the FSC...

-Red, dealing in cow flesh...
Old 02-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

Practical advice given by Sir Winston Churchill: That is mere pedantry... up with which I shall not put.
I love me some grammar Nazi...

-Red, talking wrong...
Old 02-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #6
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
You'll love Ft. Pickens. My folks used to like going there when they lived in Destin. They stayed there back in the 90's when they were "homeless", waiting for their house to be finished.

I wish I was there. I'd love to stop by! Mmmmmmmmmmm....... STEAK!!
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #7
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Red,
The Airheads are as of now signed up for your gathering......."Free Steak Club" I think we made the cut on the steak and brew offer.
Regrets that we will not be able to attend due to being out of state during those dates but we will still accept a steak and brew gift certificate from perhaps Bern's in Tampa or Ruth's Chris.
Working up an appetite......You had no fine print on the offer.....
Old 02-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #8
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Red,

The Airheads are as of now signed up for your gathering......."Free Steak Club" I think we made the cut on the steak and brew offer.

Regrets that we will not be able to attend due to being out of state during those dates but we will still accept a steak and brew gift certificate from perhaps Bern's in Tampa or Ruth's Chris.

Working up an appetite......You had no fine print on the offer.....

The FSC is by invitation only, and that only after you nominate me for some awesome award.... But, if you insist on a gift certificate, I bet it comes covered up with fine print.

-Red, lawyering up immediately...
Old 02-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #9
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
And you had me all excited thinking you were going to be there...

-Red, a bit let down...
Old 02-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1963 16' Bambi
Stevens Point , Wisconsin
Hey Red,
Karen, I and Oscar "the weiner" dog will be just around the bend at site C37. We'll be there through the 12th .
Hope my beer supply holds up till then. They brew any in Florida?
You're going to have to explain frog toast, and why would you put ketchup on it?
Tim
Old 02-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1963 16' Bambi
Stevens Point , Wisconsin
Hey Red,
If I'm not there, I'll be at the beach. I'll be the guy with bunions wearing the
hush puppies.
Tim
Old 02-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #12
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Hey Tim, I'm also in the dark about frog toast and ketchup... I'll consult the all knowing googles and see if it helps. I think that was Bob. You're definitely on the Steak and Beer list. We've got quite a few micros over in Gainesville, and I was just discussing a good friend of mine that brews his own with another member on here. I usually go with a little more mainstream brew, Sam Adams, Yeungling Black and Tans, or a Corona... Mostly the Black and Tans or Coronaseses...

See y'all out there. I'll get back with you as it gets closer.

-Red, wanting a steak and a beer...
Old 02-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #13

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

I was taught to avoid this by adding the word "jerk" to the end of the sentence...

"Do you know where I left my beer at, jerk?"

Actually, it was a slightly different word...

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote