Old 11-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Our Future Selves

This TED Talk has been out for a while. It's under 7 minutes and very thought-provoking.

How I view camping today compared to what I thought I thought 5 years ago is amazingly different - this helped me understand why.

After watching the video - what do you think? Will you do anything differently? Why or why not?

SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Great topic.

DH had a surgery last week for a herniated disc. Made me realize that we will be older and not as eager to do lifting and hauling in our 60s as we were in our 40s. We are wanting a small Bambi, but I am now really doing the space planning to be certain that all the gear we need and want will have a place to land in the trailer. Don't want to be dragging lots of things back and forth between the truck and the trailer on a daily basis. After all, one of the reasons we want to Airstream instead of motel travel is to have everything put away to lessen the daily shuffle.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Would I do anything differently? No. Most of the life-changing events in my life have been unplanned— and unwanted— and all I could do was make the best of them and move on. Speculating on what might be in the future is pointless, because even in the future most of the remaining life-changing events will be unplanned, right up until I die— the ultimate life-changing event.

There's an old saying, "Life is what happens when you're making other plans," and it's entirely true. With the exception of pre-planned events like marriage or retirement, most life-changing events will be unexpected, and all you an do is react to them. So why worry about it? Life happens no matter what you've planned.
WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote