Old 10-02-2003, 05:52 AM   #15
Rivet Master
LOST , Hawaii
There is an Ultravan group on Yahoo that is suprisingly active so that makes it easier. My biggest problem would be the Corvair engine. An air cooled flat 6 hauling around 4500 lbs. has to be working it's guts out. I had a buddy in high school who loved Corvairs, but they ate clutches so that could be another potential problem with the extra weight.

74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:55 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I was on a weekender in N GA mountains when I passed a group(!) of these going down the raod near Helen,GA. My Airstream was getting all the attention until they went by. All were white by the way.

ALANSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:51 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
That's cool.......

Hi All........
Well I thought I had seen it all....but yet agn U lot gone an done it once more...WHERE do U get these vehicles from?, " Only in America ", I had to look twice to see which was the FRONT...r these REALY on Yr roads ?...I have seen some odd vehicles in Fl:...goodness knows what I'll see in BOSTON...but 4now...the ultra takes it hands down, THANK'S guys 4 keeping the "LIMEY" smilling...Have a WONDERFUL day2day, stay lucky, stay safe...Chris..... .
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 06:20 PM   #18
Rivet Master
Owner of Byerley RV near St. Louis has one of these he wants to restore. I had to stop by in the AS one day on way out of town for other "camping" gear, he just had to come out and look at our AS, then take me back to show me his project. Really nice folks...but not an AS dealer...unfortunate because they are 7 miles from my house...Bill Thomas AS dealer is 35 miles!!!

Nobody ever said this would be easy!

zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote