Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I had one on the old SOB for fun for the kids...and it helped them with geography and associating all the stuff they learned along the way. They're all grown up and out now. I'll skip the map and just wander around bumping into things as I go (NOT literally!) How does it go?.....I'll know where I am when I get there.
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
Gene, do you work for CMS ? (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services - national gov't).
No is the short answer. I have been preparing comments on proposed state health dep't regulations for backwash ponds and other "impoundments" on behalf of our small water company. This is my reward for volunteering for the water company board. Maybe I'll get a plaque some day which I can exchange for senior citizen medications needed after serving on the board for years and years.

This experience (and others doing similar things although I used to get paid for it) has obviously twisted a mind already in a precarious state (49 states actually).

Remember to get the map, you must file an map application with the Dep't of Homeland Security. You will have to explain why you want a map which may include secret locations of secrets. You will also be "patted" down. I choose to be patted down by the youngest, prettiest TSA woman employee. I've always wondered if when people take their belts off, do their pants fall down? This will expedite the pat down.

Now…what was I doing?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
AH, someone who UNDERSTANDS! Isn't the Health Dept. FUN! (my apologies to anyone who works for one of these entities, but REALLY). I'm sure what you are dealing with is similar to what I deal with!

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post

Next time we'll explore the question—can you wear a T-shirt or baseball cap from a place you've never been?

Perhaps it's time to do something useful today.

Gene
Gosh Gene,

I sure hope so! Last time I looked all my T-shirts, caps, and underwear for that matter were from China, the Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, or somewhere that I've never been.

I really don't think anyone wants me wandering around without my clothes from places I've never been.

As for the map, I lean toward where you've camped. I don't do a map myself, but if I did, I would not put on Virginia, Maryland, DC, or Michigan. I've spent quite a few nights in Virginia and DC, but the only aluminum involved belonged to Northwest or Delta. I would count Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Texas even though only the Trade Wind not the Excella has been there. Therefore, my answer is that I would not restart for a new trailer.