Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Oh I can not wait in final stretch ...:-)

Well took Trailer on maiden towing voyage about 350 miles up and back beaks on trailer worked great all lights worked great travels at about 65 to 70 mph at times no sway (but it felt like it would) . The inside still needs painting but I wanted to make sure the traveling would not cause any more stress on the ABS in the bathroom and in front header and over sink I had a few cracks on all of those. Well nothing new and nothing added as far as cracks so I think ill go ahead with the epoxy painting all all the abs . Did a trial run on all appliances and good except refrigerator, The only part working is the freezer on gas mode. I am bummed about that is a refurbished product. The instant hot water heater,furnace,A/C,fantastic fans,plumbing all new work great. I had put new sub floor in the bath and in the front (still looking for reasonable battery boxes for front they leak or I will have to rebuild the ones I have). BUT anyway things are looking good hope to have it done in month or so just in time for foliage. The Nissan titan by the way tows the trailer like it was made for it . I would not buy a used Titan for towing though the rear ends were garbage . I had to replace mine when it dropped on me now I have new and better equipped rear end I think ill be changed the tranny fluid every year and read end fluid every two to be sure. Tranny temp was good with alot of hills not many straight a ways. Ill keep you all informd can not wait to get out trailering .

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote