Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Not Dubya

You know, when I saw that thread about Bush, I decided not even to look! It's surely almost as bad as the Walmart thread on the RV.net.

Lynn
Old 01-24-2005, 12:22 AM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Aw, come on, buck up and be brave about it. Don't you like a little controversy once in a while? It's actually been quite interesting.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:36 AM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Aw, come on, buck up and be brave about it. Don't you like a little controversy once in a while? It's actually been quite interesting.
You get to see where people stand or not BTW don't get me started on Walmart in general...not one of my favorite places...for a variety of reasons.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
Old 01-24-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Actually, the G.W. thread is interesting and educational (as long as you don't take any of it personally). It shows how polarized our population really is, and what 'regular folks', our friends and neighbors think and believe about our current world situation.

Of course, I've run my big mouth (fingers-on-keyboard?) too much as usual...

Roger
Old 01-24-2005, 08:40 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
I'm with Lynn on this one.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:52 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Threads about threads - gotta love 'em.

Don't get me started on Wal-Mart either! LOL

Old 01-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Hi Lynn,

you are probably doing just right. I read every message in that threat and some really scare me. Fox News did a "good" job on some of the posters... But it is a very interesting discussion, well some discuss and some only argue, but thats how it always is.

Bjoern from Germany
Old 01-24-2005, 10:42 AM   #8

1968 17' Caravel
There are some pretty scary opinions over there, but I think it's good to know how different people see things.

Now Walmart, they are going to cause the fall of civilization as we know it. But only as they are the biggest example of the "Big Box" mentality. But I don't want to start that up again, I think I've stated my feelings about them before

Old 01-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

I'm always shocked that the rest of the population tends not to reflect my narrow liberal northern California world.

And.. I'd like to add that some of us are already involved in political activities and prefer not to continue being oversaturated with it in our "recreational lives"...My sea kayak buddies get into it online on occaision...It gets annoying. (I just hit the "SMITE" button)...I'm also concerned that I may be caught in a dangerous situation and have to rely on someone who has gotten steamed up over differening political views...I don't feel it's good to mix politics in these situations.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:16 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
Now if Dubya had an AS, I might read it, otherwise I'm with Lynn also.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Not to worry. Help is still at hand. I for one would not abandon you, turn against you, or ignore you because you have a different world view. Unless of course it's a threat to me, mine, my country or project "The Bat Cave Express". That's kind of the point afterall isn't it. We have had "better living through chemistry", "better living through electricity", "better living through government". Now that we are all contaminated, living in unsustainable electrified micro climates, and cann't smoke, spit, curse, drink or pray in public without the ACLU, over burdened police, or PC neighbor's coming after us it's time for "better living through being a better person".
Old 01-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #12
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerbunny
I'm always shocked that the rest of the population tends not to reflect my narrow liberal northern California world.

And.. I'd like to add that some of us are already involved in political activities and prefer not to continue being oversaturated with it in our "recreational lives"...My sea kayak buddies get into it online on occaision...It gets annoying. (I just hit the "SMITE" button)...I'm also concerned that I may be caught in a dangerous situation and have to rely on someone who has gotten steamed up over differening political views...I don't feel it's good to mix politics in these situations.
I'm naive enough to believe that we CAN hold civil discussions about important issues among friends without adopting an us-vs-them mentality or turning on one another. Just because we don't necessarily agree doesn't mean we can't remain friends and supporters of one another!

Roger
Old 01-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
Just because we don't necessarily agree doesn't mean we can't remain friends and supporters of one another!

Roger
Roger,

It's not you I'm worried about, Roger, but some writers on the other thread are downright SCARY! That's why I read it, so I'm aware that there are some nutjobs out there.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #14

1968 17' Caravel
I'd still be happy to meet most of you around a campfire anytime. Most of you...

Old 01-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #15
The Painted Pig

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Hailey , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerbunny
snip... (I just hit the "SMITE" button)...
Hey Trailerbunny,

I'd really like to find the smite button on my keyboard.

Is it somewhere near my "any key"?

Old 01-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #16
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Roger,

It's not you I'm worried about, Roger, but some writers on the other thread are downright SCARY! That's why I read it, so I'm aware that there are some nutjobs out there.
Don, we live in a scary world. For all our thin veneer of civility, there are occasionally peeks of what lies close to the surface beneath that veneer, and sometime's it's not pretty. Places like this tend to be a safe haven of civility most of the time, and for that I'm greatful.

Roger

p.s. I gotta get me one 'o them SMITE keys too!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Wally-World...

Hi Wahoonc... What don't U like abt Wally-World then ?, U kn they taken over the UK's chain of ASDA...LOL,... & I personaly think Mr. Bush is one FUNNY GUY... Can't put My finger on it, prehaps I don't wanna either, but still a FUNNY GUY... but tell Me has He always had that "" LOST "" look abt His face...or is that how ALL Guys from Texas look like...I get the impression when He speaks that He chewin on a piece of steak...LOL, The " Gang " R all comin over in NOV, for 21 nites vacation, & the 6 of us jus LUV W/W... the prices R so good, Great value 4 money...it's a good days outin 4 us, sad, but still a GOOD day out...LOL...Oreo's, Honey-Bread, & those HUGE bags of Lay's Crisps, My youngest D/D, wants 2 set FREE the LOBSTERS in the store, they realy freak Her out, bein on display like that...Bless Her...LOL. Could even start a Lobster Derby, up the main aisle...that would B different, unless it already been done...LOL...Chris.....
Old 03-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #18

1968 17' Caravel
Crazy - I had no idea Walmarts had gone international. Now there's no place that's safe from them and their giant bags of chips!

Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1954 25' Cruiser
2005 25' International CCD
Paradise , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
Hi Wahoonc... What don't U like abt Wally-World then ?, U kn they taken over the UK's chain of ASDA...LOL,... & I personaly think Mr. Bush is one FUNNY GUY... Can't put My finger on it, prehaps I don't wanna either, but still a FUNNY GUY... but tell Me has He always had that "" LOST "" look abt His face...or is that how ALL Guys from Texas look like...I get the impression when He speaks that He chewin on a piece of steak...LOL, The " Gang " R all comin over in NOV, for 21 nites vacation, & the 6 of us jus LUV W/W... the prices R so good, Great value 4 money...it's a good days outin 4 us, sad, but still a GOOD day out...LOL...Oreo's, Honey-Bread, & those HUGE bags of Lay's Crisps, My youngest D/D, wants 2 set FREE the LOBSTERS in the store, they realy freak Her out, bein on display like that...Bless Her...LOL. Could even start a Lobster Derby, up the main aisle...that would B different, unless it already been done...LOL...Chris.....
No, not all guys here in Texas look or act like that, some are actually intelligent. The funny you might be thinking of is the other Curious George, from the children's book.
AirForums #1565
WBCCI #7162
Heart of Texas Camping Unit
Old 03-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #20
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Question Pleeeez, Noooo!!!!!!!

Please, I'm begging you, let this thread die! I'm subjected to political junk all day long at work/home/T.V./Radio/Friends/etc. I come here to be entertained about my hobby, but like a train wreck, I've got to look when I see it! Moderator, please help me, please!

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Closed Thread