Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2005, 04:32 PM   #71
3 Rivet Member
Wink Well thanks for the non-answers anyway.

Originally Posted by silver suz
HUH? What a bunch of non sequiturs. Apples and oranges. Pardon my typo.
I asked for the name of the first thread.- what does " don't mess with Texas" ( from throwing away garbage) have to do with it? I recycle.
"Did I steal him from them"? THEM ??? Who are "them"? Never mind, I don't want to know. Are you paranoic? That would explain your lapses in logic. But I do recognise the hostility sent.

What was the name of the first thread, please. silver suz

Well Suz you say HUH?
I guess I must say DUH!
Nope I'm not "paranoic". Nor hostile. Just quite observant, I think.

Old 04-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #72
Old Paint, rolling again.
1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio

......I would be interested in reading the original thread about Bush though.
"W" thread is still available:

Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
Old 04-28-2005, 06:29 PM   #73
Just a member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
I do believe we are getting close to having to call a time out on the 'dubya issues again.

The original thread ran it's course. As I have said before debate is fine, We are all for free speech. When we start attacking each other over beliefs, positions on political, or other issues the moderators will step in and do what is needed. We will enforce the rues as it pertains to the policies of use.

Remember "be nice"?

If a member has a problem with a post, use the report this post button, if you are not able to make your point clearly, try again.

Baiting and bashing will not be allowed.

Brett G
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 04-28-2005, 07:21 PM   #74
Rivet Master
Originally Posted by A.E. Milliman
This thread clearly brings out the view I hold. It is being held on the premise of a two party system.To put my view in a few words, we lost OUR country at the close of the Civil War. If I'm not mistaken our forefathers created a Union, or central goverment if you will, only after agreeing to a Union which held strong States rights and a weak central goverment. Without getting into a deep discussion, the Civil War, however tragic, was started over the right of individual states to leave the Union. Having lost that argument, the beginning of a strong central goverment was created. Fast forward to today & we no longer have a goverment with a three system of checks & balances as designed, but judges at all levels and the central goverment, making govermental and social policy according to the party currently in power. Why are we a polarized nation? Simply put, I believe it is because we have but a two party system where the power of money and greed have assembled. It is clear to me that our " free" democracy and our Republic could not and will not continue without a base of individual and strong State responsibility. That I believe has been long lost, due to the two parties fighting for a base of votes, based not on what is good for the country, but which will propel them into the power seat. I believe like all former great empires we will eventually digress to a lower standard of living and in world power. Good or bad? I do not pretend to know , but history will tell.
I know what you mean.
I wonder how many of our ancestors could see this at the close of the Civil War?
There is no one left alive that knows what it is like to live in a country the ACTUALLY shows what "United States" really meant. Our parents never saw it either.
I wish there were stronger states rights.
I wish... I wonder how many of us out there "wish" and do nothing about it?
How many of us actually vote for more than the "power seat" elections?
Michigan just had a monumental state constituional amendment that required a majority vote to pass. I am not going to comment on what it was about but suffice it to say that it is about maintaining marital rights for men and women. It is painfully obvious that there are many of us out here that are wanting stronger states rights.
I may not agree with a some of those on here about my "conservative Christian" views but I am not afraid to let people know that I am a Jesus-loving, God-fearing, red-blooded, patriotic Michiganian and American.

Closed Thread