Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, with the amount of mail being sent now days a drop box is a total waste. Most all of them have been removed. Within about a five mile radius, we have about 15 Post Offices so we just go there when needed. And that is about six times a year. Drop boxes have been hit by cars, lit on fire, filled with paint, blown up with fireworks, and sometimes someone's cat was put in one. I would remove them too. I forgot to mention that they have to be repainted quite often in some neighborhoods due to graffiti. Our mail/drop boxes were removed before we got any Wal-Marts.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1973 31' Excella 500
Spring Green , Wisconsin
Originally Posted by gaylejoe View Post
We carry 2 lap tops and full service printer for our business needs but it would sure be nice if Walmart has a place to drop off mail and possibly some faxing abilities.
If you have a full service printer including scanning capabilities, you should check out We are setting it up for our company so we can get rid of the fax machine and extra land line. You can send and receive faxes right from your laptop.

I once found a note from the mailman in my curbside mailbox. It said he couldn't deliver the mail because there was a vehicle parked in front of my box.....but he could leave the note??

Lew TAC #WI-6
Nobody can help everybody, but everybody can help somebody.
driftless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:33 AM   #17
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
There are five drop boxes between my house and the post office 5 miles away. Must not be many Unibombers or Anthraxers around the Baltimore suburbs. I usually go to the post office so that I know it gets there.

Now Red Yeast? What is it and why is it an emergency to obtain it? Our daycare lady is allergic to yeast. I guess she should avoid the red yeast.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #18
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Frank, red rice yeast is supposed to lower cholesterol. My wife tried it and her cholesterol went down some amazing amount though I can't remember the numbers right now, maybe 70 points.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #19
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Now Red Yeast? What is it and why is it an emergency to obtain it? Our daycare lady is allergic to yeast. I guess she should avoid the red yeast.
Last spring my new doctor prescribed Red Yeast Rice and Fish Oil tablets to lower cholesterol and it worked. I was shocked. I take two of each every day.

The emergency part was an embellishment.

Click on the link to see a picture of the Sioux River falls near my home.
Eastern South Dakota is very pretty with hills, rivers, and trees.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Our next door neighbors from Ontario, Ca are paying $360 they said to the Canadian Postal Service to have their mail forwarded to Florida when they are here over 5 months of the year. They pay nothing to the US Postal Service to have their mail forwarded from Fl to Ontario once they return there. Their mail is more expensive and service is slower than ours. Am afraid that the US is going that route too of less service and more expense to the individual, and on top of that higher taxes coming. Hope I'm not being too political with this. Pat

Pat Conway is offline   Reply With Quote