Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
Codybear, Ther are endless names that might apply such as: "Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang". All of us A/S owners can relate to that one! Or there is always "Rumplestiltskin", As in it slept 40+ years to awaken again for you. Of course you could go "All Hollywood" and name it "Maxwell Smart", "Chief", or even "Agent 86".... or If female, the beautiful "Agent 99". Oh yeah, If your a train travel buff you could go with "Silver Streak" or maybe.... "The California Limited". Whatever name you chose make sure to have it displayed on your signature line and maybe even painted on your coach. Hey! There's another one "The Coach"....Or the "Coach Potato"! If you are happy all of the time when you"re in it maybe "Good Humour"!!!! Good luck and pick one that makes you smile when you see it or think of your trailer. And as Roy and Dale Always

Said.... "Happy Trails to You.... 'til We meet again." Ed
Hi BIGED52,

Are you anywhere's near Chicago, my birthplace???..
hmm, more ideas to add to the list..that's cute: coach potato!..I did think of Silver Streak..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
How about Leo? Leo the Lion, Lion Country Safari... At least it's short and sweet.
Hi Overlander,

Leo the Lion, Lion Country Safari, been there years ago..is that still in operation?..lions are fierce and strong, not sure if my Safari can live up to that name though..amazing how a trailer can be referred to as a he or she!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Name Game

Codybear, First the answer is no. We are on the opposite side of the state, just off the Mississippi river, south of Rock Island, Il. You know like the Rock Island Railroad. As far as the names go then yes, Your trailer can be either male or female. Sooner or later It will reveal which It is and then the naming will be somewhat easier. Cannot tell you how many pets we adopted and named in my youth just to find out he was a she when the puupies or kittens arrived. Never will forgive mom and dad for the deceptions...lol. However, that is one thing you can bet on....the trailer will let you know what it is! Enjoy it and the name will just come to you when you least expect it. Oh yeah, one more thing. The name you choose my not be the name your coach wants and it will let you know. Spooky ain't it? Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
The name you choose my not be the name your coach wants and it will let you know. Spooky ain't it? Ed[/quote]

Hi Ed,

Do you mean to tell me I gotta deal with a temperamental coach!!!..oh dear..and I thought it was going to love being called whatever name I decided upon..my my..
Old 08-03-2006, 11:18 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
A friend rolled up with her brand new Safari and I greeted her with "I see you brought Alice". She asked "Who is Alice?" I told her that it was right there on the side of her trailer "Safari-LS". She has called it Alice ever since.
Hi Pahaska,

verry clever!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Names

Codybear, Not really. I just mean that the trailer may show you some time after you call it one name that another one seems more appropriate! Lol! You will ultimately be the judge of what name you settle on. Ed
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
If it was made in California you could name it "The Native Son."
Old 08-08-2006, 07:39 AM   #48
The Painted Pig

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Hailey , Idaho
How about naming her for a relative.

We "named" our 1963 Tradewind Isabelle after my grandmother.

Scott
Moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
Hi Chaplain Kent,

Just getting ready to head out the door..I'll have to check where the Safari was made..but that is a great idea, thnx!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshot
How about naming her for a relative.

We "named" our 1963 Tradewind Isabelle after my grandmother.

Scott
Hi Moonshot,

Hmm interesting thought..lots of inspiration there like: Chuck, Francis, Henry, Howard, Alfred, and even Wally!..how's that for Vintage names? or maybe Alice, Betty, Bea, Margaret, Martha? and the list goes on and on...thnx!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
Codybear, Not really. I just mean that the trailer may show you some time after you call it one name that another one seems more appropriate! Lol! You will ultimately be the judge of what name you settle on. Ed
Hi Ed,

Right on!..nothing's etched in stone at this point, eh?..thnx
Old 08-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #52
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi Overlander,

Leo the Lion, Lion Country Safari, been there years ago..is that still in operation?..lions are fierce and strong, not sure if my Safari can live up to that name though..amazing how a trailer can be referred to as a he or she!
Not only is it still in business, but there is a very large KOA there.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
bubble now

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Not only is it still in business, but there is a very large KOA there.
Hi Overlander63
Just got back from the Coast..great weather there!..as we pulled up to the driveway, a passerby stopped and told us he noticed the Safari's left tire had a bubble ...sure enough it did!..Steve called the American Tire Co. and they told him they couldn't locate a 700 15 in. 8 ply in our area..he'd order it from Fresno, and it wouldn't be in till Monday or so..in the meantime, I thought I'd call a different branch..voila!..the second guy said he had one!..I asked him how come he had them in stock and the first guy didn't??..he replied that different stores had different stuff..so I handed the phone back to Steve..turns out the guy didn't know his tires, or was trying to see how stupid he and I were going to be to go hitch the Safari back up and take it to his store..it was a radial that he had a 8-10 ply ..but that's not what Steve wanted..so he told him he'd wait till next week..
Old 08-11-2006, 01:02 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Yikes!!!

That was a close one! Glad to hear that you aren't reporting a blowout with trailer damage though! At least you were able to make it home and park it before anthing like that happened. I put two new tires on from Sam's club when I pulled the "Landshark" home in July of 2004 and they haven't been on the road since we made that 30 mile trip. I'm hoping the aren't too flat spotted when I finally get to pulling her on the road. I do move her around on the drive from time to time to keep the tires from being in one spot too long. The best thing is that you didn't have any tire failure while on the road. Good luck, Ed
Old 08-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
Kent,

By luck, the Safari was indeed made in California..Santa Fe Springs to be exact!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
nickname...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
I'd like to know if any one has a suggestion for a nickname for my Safari????..I notice some members have loving names for their airs..any ideas?
This ? has caught my interest too , seeing that I have an Ohio model of the 64' Aunt Bea, I like that. Sacramento Bee, Not. Codybear is a good nickname too. So to go along with that " Silverhoney" is a good discription of the picture that you have posted.
The "64"s where unique in there own way,right in the middle of a lot of interior inferior changes. My twin setup. and interior layout captiveated me on the spot. I would love to see more shots of your original furnace vent, and profile pics.
Bob,
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:17 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhawk
This ? has caught my interest too , seeing that I have an Ohio model of the 64' Aunt Bea, I like that.
The "64"s where unique in there own way,right in the middle of a lot of interior inferior changes. My twin setup. and interior layout captiveated me on the spot. I would love to see more shots of your original furnace vent, and profile pics.
Bob,
Hi Bob,

re: the furnace vent- I'm not sure what shots would you love to see??..the outside or inside?..you can tell I'm not savvy about that kind of thing..your safari looks a lot like mine..except you have an awning, right?..also, define profile pix..what sort of shots would you like to see?..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Hey Codybear,

I was refering to that thing that covers the furnace exaust ports on the door side of you're Safari. Many older unit have upgraded to newer funaces that do not need that big old cover. like mine. I kind of like that original look that is slipping into the past. My non awning is a roller crank setup ( think old timey storefront awning) that a previous owner installed. It needs a new awning put on it. I do like the idea though because there is no need for the support arms as on Zip Dee's and the like.
I was speaking of side shots steetside and curbside when I said profile pics.
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Tire Trouble....?

Hey Codybear, I've been thinking about your tire trouble and it seems to me that your trailer may be trying to tell you it's name.... Maybe it is saying that... "Bubbles" should fit? What do you think? If it was a small bulge then maybe "Tiny Bubbles" applies. If it looked a little silvery colored where the rubber stretched outward then perhaps "Champagne Bubbles"! Even "Bubble Buddy" works. Anyway, Bubble seems to be in the name somehow. Ed
Old 08-15-2006, 01:34 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
[quote=BIGED52]Hey Codybear, I've been thinking about your tire trouble and it seems to me that your trailer may be trying to tell you it's name.... Maybe it is saying that... "Bubbles" should fit?

Hi Ed,

You're the second person to suggest bubbles!.I'll sleep on it..but I still will keep my options open..I'm an aquarius..hmm, a little water-logged in the brain, or wishy-washy charlie brown?? gotta go with the flow, you know..hey maybe that should be my signature???? (another thread??)