Old 02-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondockdad View Post
Federal programs are like ATM machines for (dis)organized crime dispensing multimillion dollar payouts; at the taxpayers expense.

With 0bamacare being the grandaddy of them all.
By the time the Feds figure out a fraudulent angle on the 'affordable healthcare act', they'll have bilked millions (hundreds of millions), and have moved on to a new scam angle to start all over again.

All the others are small potatoes in comparison. IRS, Medicare/aid, SS, disability, welfare, etc....

Everything has to be political these days, doesn't it?

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #30
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
New Scam-BEWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondockdad View Post
I think we need to just slow down, and not conflate two very different situations.

OP was talking about a classifieds scam... and somehow, folks are throwing in the Nigerian Prince affair as another "scam".

Let me tell you, that Nigerian Prince has a serious, and legitimate need. We're talking about tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands of loyal subjects who are in danger of being de-citizened in the event this Prince doesn't secure some serious naira.

I, for one, am proud to know that I helped this noble man in his time of need, and I'm shocked- shocked I tell you, to see people on this forum disparaging him.

Incidentally, I've just received an email informing me of a large sum of money bequeathed to me by a distant relative in Nigeria.
You see? No good deed goes unpunished, errr... unrewarded.
Once I forward my bank account, routing numbers, SS, DL and DOB.. they'll be "transacting monies to the your persons account, instantaneous."

I also feel for these poor guys! They're MORE than willing to pay you for your effort. I'm disheartened by the hardness of soul of people today. Your grandparents would be so disappointed! Thank you, boondockdad! You are a generous, kind, loving individual! Enjoy your fortune, and all the good karma coming your way!

-Red, compassion personified...

Old 02-13-2015, 05:57 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
I found a wonderfu lwebsite to help these poor Nigerian people. Look at "419 Eater" on the web, and you can spend hours seeing how other peiole have "helped" these poor people. Some of the best laughs I have had for a long time.
WBCCI #7394
2002 Chev 2500 HD Duramax
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
Soory about the spelling errors, I was laughing so hard!!!
WBCCI #7394
2002 Chev 2500 HD Duramax
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #33
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Oh sure, like we're going to click on some unknown, obscure website... We weren't born yesterday! Quit trying to use the Nigerian Prince's need to promote your scam!

Mod's, can't we ban this scammer or something???

-Red, on to your sneaky tricks...
Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #34
LFM
3 Rivet Member

2007 19' Safari SE
Laurel , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl2591 View Post
this is one of the many reasons why we, my family and any one i can convince to do this, have a credit freeze on all three of our credit files.

if you listen to Clark Howard, clarkhoward.com, on the radio like i do you will hear this said time after time..

do a google search "credit freeze" and learn more. the credit monitoring sites like lifelock and other are WORTHLESS in most cases and can cost 100 of dollars..

Go to creditkarma.com and do free credit monitoring, plus you can get a copy of your credit report from one, trans union, credit reporting agency.

there are three in total. Equifax, Experian, Trans Union

READ, LEARN, DO...
I have mentioned this before, and it may help relieve stress on some while traveling. Every time we go to NZ for 3 months, we take out VISA money cards, which are the new travelers checks. You just load the card up with up to 5k, and use them just like a credit card. You are never leaving your personal credit card #s as you travel, or purchase online. They can be tracked on line to check your purchases, and you can reload them anytime. They have an account #, an expiration date, and the three digit code on back.
We have regular credit cards, but when I use these, I don't worry about someone gaining access to them.
We get ours from our Credit Union.
Just a thought,
Greg