Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Red face New owners: Get thee to a rally!

It's "The Forums" come to life! While waiting very impatiently for our 2007 25' Safari SE FB to be born, I stopped by the NorCal rally at Lake San Antonio a few weeks ago and it was so worth the detour. Not only were the Airstreamers there just as hospitable and helpful--and interesting!--in real life as they are on the forums, but I learned a lot in just a little over an hour~~ I highly recommend this method of getting some great ideas and insights on everything from towing vehicles, hitches, generators, etc. to aesthetically pleasing trash cans! Everyone was very generous with their info. and time, and no one scoffed at silly questions. What a great group. Thanks to all of you for being so accommodating and for letting me take photos of your sewer hookups!
It's also nice to know that others with Airstream dementia can appear to be quite normal...
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I could not agree more. The NorCal rally was our first and what a blast! Fun friendly people and a really good time.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
This is one of the best ideas I've seen for Airstreamers of all levels of experience. Karma!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
We are sorry we missed this Rally and plan to go to the one in January in 29 Palms.

We just purchased our new 1969 27' Overlander in September. We are really new to this Airstream travel trailer world--never ever had any type of RV before. The PO towed the trailer for us from Arizona. We were on our own last Friday getting the trailer weighed and inspected for and by the DMV.

Today we successfully towed her from Newbury Park, Ca to Bellflower, CA to have her checked out---over 60 miles of heavy duty Los Angeles freeway driving (101, 405, 105) with people darting in front of us, etc. My husband did a terrific job of keeping a even safe speed and it only took us 1 1/2 hours......we were both very nervous but we made it. I am feeling very hopeful that we are going to really enjoy this Airstream......

Thanks for all the information we have gleaned from this forum.....it has given us courage. pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoll
We are sorry we missed this Rally and plan to go to the one in January in 29 Palms.

We just purchased our new 1969 27' Overlander in September. We are really new to this Airstream travel trailer world--never ever had any type of RV before. The PO towed the trailer for us from Arizona. We were on our own last Friday getting the trailer weighed and inspected for and by the DMV.

Today we successfully towed her from Newbury Park, Ca to Bellflower, CA to have her checked out---over 60 miles of heavy duty Los Angeles freeway driving (101, 405, 105) with people darting in front of us, etc. My husband did a terrific job of keeping a even safe speed and it only took us 1 1/2 hours......we were both very nervous but we made it. I am feeling very hopeful that we are going to really enjoy this Airstream......

Thanks for all the information we have gleaned from this forum.....it has given us courage. pj
pj,

We will be at the Malibu RV Park with the El Camino Real Unit. Come by on Saturday and you will see about 25 Airstreams of all ages.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:

Congradulations on your new rig!

I really look forward to you joining the rest of us in 29 Palms. It's great to meet old friends for the first time. We'll have a blast.

Wkerfoot is really nice guy who is part of a very active WBCCI Unit. By all means cruise on over to Malibu and see the rigs and meet the people. I recomend WBCCI membership. Just look until you find a Unit that fits you.

I know it was probably a white knuckle experiance hauling that trailer down the 405 but it will get easier as you do it and this time next year you will be a pro.

See you in Jan.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
pj,

We will be at the Malibu RV Park with the El Camino Real Unit. Come by on Saturday and you will see about 25 Airstreams of all ages.

Bill
What is a good time to come by the Malibu RV Park on Saturday? pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 11-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Congradulations on your new rig!

I really look forward to you joining the rest of us in 29 Palms. It's great to meet old friends for the first time. We'll have a blast.

Wkerfoot is really nice guy who is part of a very active WBCCI Unit. By all means cruise on over to Malibu and see the rigs and meet the people. I recomend WBCCI membership. Just look until you find a Unit that fits you.

I know it was probably a white knuckle experiance hauling that trailer down the 405 but it will get easier as you do it and this time next year you will be a pro.

See you in Jan.
Am sending my money in to join WBCCI right now......Yes, white knuckles and more but my husband did a fabulous job for a never ever and you can't stop us now........hope our rig will be ready for January...also, I posted photos in the photo gallery of our rig. under pjpoll. pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 11-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
What is a good time to come by the Malibu RV Park on Saturday? pj
I will send you a rally schedule off list, but any time in the afternoon.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
It's also nice to know that others with Airstream dementia can appear to be quite normal...
We were just keeping up appearances......

Nice to catch you on your way in at the rally.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote