Old 04-24-2007, 12:22 AM   #29
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
That is standard Military SOP with the cute little pieces of TP that they give you in the C Rations (talk about dating yourself) and I would suspect the MRE packs ...

Aaron
Aaron,

No kidding on the MRE paper, but then again....when you eat an MRE, you usually don't need TP for a week.

Steve

Old 04-24-2007, 12:28 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
hmm, ok, az, now how can we make it so it's 'recyclable'???
I'm sure Cheryl would run it through her energy saving dishwasher...

Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , Texas
Lance Armstrong

From 'lovers' to 'just friends'. Now we know the rest of the story.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:40 AM   #32
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrob
Sheryl is a success, has mansions, dates famous people and has ridden a bicycle once.

Rob
You know, not to start some huge debate, but I find this amusing. I mean Cheryl Crow trying to save the world by reducing TP. Al Gore trying to save the world with all his stuff and the quoted sentence above says it best.

It's a do as I say, not as I do world. Recently, Al was written up for having something around a $10,000/month electric bill....oh, but he traded carbon credits for it!

As for Cheryl, it's the same story... how big is her house (or houses), and what does it take to power, heat, and cool that mansion. How long does she run her hair dryer.

I'll admit, the gestures they put out there are genuine, but these folks don't practice what they preach by a longshot. Here is a thought, put up solar cells, collect rainwater in underground tanks to water plants, trees, etc. Drive Hybrids and hopefully soon, plug in Hybrids (not like Al being driven around in his movie in a big Lincoln sedan or that other dinosaur eater he drives when he goes to visit his family property) and then these folks will have a little bit more credibility in my book.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #33
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
You know, I could get by with one square after she eats my...I'm sorry, I was thinking out loud. I really don't like the bleeding heart liberal b...oops, there I go again. Forgive me Lord, I don't mean to have such sinful thoughts.

The "Inconvenient Truth" is I would be happy to be an environmentalist if it just wasn't so inconvenient. All the hybrid autos are just too small to fit the needs of my family. They would require too many lifestyle changes. BTW, I'm a Ford man so don't throw the hybrid Tahoe at me. GM's system is a little too complicated for my understanding and the savings just don't justify the cost. Etc. The technology isn't there for other environmental friendly things. I'd be happy to use the enviro diesel that is made from recycled plastics when it is available in my area and if it doesn't damage my engine. I'd use bio-diesel if it were readily available in my area, but alas, it's not. And the list goes on.

I truly believe we (as the human race around the world, not just in the U.S.) have got to do something and we have to start now and the fad of hybrid cars isn't enough. We need to build the infrastructure to support the next generation power plant for autos and just do it. In the mid-70's the Federal government mandated that all U.S. cars had to run on un-leaded gasoline and you know what? There were growing pains, but it wasn't too long before all of the gas stations had un-leaded gas. Now the Feds have mandated ULSD diesel fuel for 07's and rather unceremoniously we have ULSD at all gas stations that sell diesel. So whatever the Feds and other world leaders adopted as the next great answer to our problem, we could adjust (probably better now than 30 years ago).

BTW, Brazil has had E85 since the '70's energy crisis. They use sugar cane to produce the alcohol to make the 85% of non-gasoline. Some of their cars run on gasoline only, but the vast majority of their cars do not. But their government decided to do something about their dependency on foreign oil while ours didn't.

My main concern for the short term, though, is the sudden demand for E85 has already driven up the cost of corn futures which will drive up the cost of chicken, beef, and pork because these meat sources depend so heavily on corn as a food source which is now threatened by our need for energy.

I need to get off my soap box now. Sorry for the length of this post.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #34
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
I'll admit, the gestures they put out there are genuine, but these folks don't practice what they preach by a longshot. Here is a thought, put up solar cells, collect rainwater in underground tanks to water plants, trees, etc. Drive Hybrids ...
You just described Ed Beagly, Jr.'s life!
WBCCI# 4821
Old 04-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #35
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvalley
What ever happened to the midwest corn cob? and the
Sears catalog? Oh, I guess that was in the outside biffy
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but she is also the mother or recycling!
WBCCI# 4821
Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #36
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria
Crow....stick to singing. We can all concentrate on helping save our planet.
One sheet TP....NO. Need to find other ways. I did switch my light bulbs.
Georgia Power put up a booth in the atrium of the building where I work handing out compact fluorescent light bulbs to anyone who would sign a pledge card to replace 5 additional bulbs in their home with CFL's. I counted up and have already replaced 10 of the most frequently used light bulbs in our house with them so I signed a card and received a freebie.

My wife doesn't like them, but I figure you don't need incandescent color light in the garage, laundry room, pantry, water closet, entry hall from garage to kitchen and a few other places where lights are used frequently, but light color isn't as critical as, say, my wife's make-up vanity. The one thing though, the "natural light" ones we have in our garage and water closet are so close to sunlight in color that we sometimes can't tell if we forgot to turn the light off without looking at the light fixture or the light switch.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 04-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Okemos , Michigan
Now, Now, Y'all are just misunderstanding her!
She must have been a roofer at one time.
1 square = 100 square feet of area!
AIR#2276
sander17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #38
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I'm sure she really means 1-3 squares for #1. If she means for #2, I'll never shake hand when I meet her...much less the continental thing and kiss her hand.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Ha Ha! I like the roofing analagy!

Rosie must have gotten kicked off The View because she used too many squares
Old 04-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #40
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
You know, I used to like Rosie. I liked her as a comedian, as an actor, and when she first got her own talk show, I like her on the rare occasions I saw her show. But it seems at some point in her career she decided to become a political activist and, aside from being the total opposite of my political point of view, she just got nasty. She got hateful with it.

Most of Whoopee Goldberg's politics are in opposition to mine, but I still like her as an actor and humorist, but I have come to really dislike Rosie professionally. In general, I find most of Hollywood's celebrities to be way too liberal for me but I don't let their politics interfere with my appreciation for them professionally, but Rosie is so mean spirited with hers that I can't help but let that influence my opinion of her. It doesn't affect my political views, just my view of her. She probably doesn't care whether or not I like her, but she is not achieving the results of affecting my opinions that she is trying to accomplish. In that, she is behaving badly for nothing. Either that, or she is so starved for attention that she is willing to put her career on the line just to get in the news and get some attention.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #41
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
but I figure you don't need incandescent color light in the garage, laundry room, pantry, water closet, entry hall from garage to kitchen and a few other places where lights are used frequently,
The darn things won't light when it gets cold. Can't use em in my shop or shed in Winter. Haven't noticed our electric bill go down from them either. Darn poor light as well. Nother scam!!!!

Ya'll need to read the book by Crichten. "State of Fear"! Opens eyes.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #42
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Actually though, one square is enough when you do it right. Simply tear a small hole in the center of the square, insert your finger through it, do the duty with your finger, as you remove the square from your finger use it to cleanse the finger. Simple when you think of it.

Why do we listen to musicians anyway???? They're not exactly brain trusts.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote