Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I saw a piece a couple of weeks ago on the Arizona situation. The state was willing at that point to turn individual parks over to private interests if a deal could be worked out along the lines of the concessionaires that run many of the campgrounds in national parks today.

That's a bad move, in my opinion.

Lynn

Old 05-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I'm discovering that some of the Forest Service campgrounds, at least in the Tahoe area, are 'farming' the management to private companies.
Neil

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Just paid $42.00 dollars to stay overnight in Bodega Bay.. $2.00 bucks at that gates for the dog too.. ouch.

No hookups and the line was 20 deep at the dump station..
I would do it again I suppose but I will have to save some more money before that happens..

Vin
Vin

At least you were able to dump. If you were at Doran, you had access to water to fill your fresh water tank as well. Some California State Parks have neither water or a dump, the Strand near San Diego for instance. It's next to the beach, but that's it baby. Nothing but a black top parking lot, and $60 per night. Not even a place to dump wash water.

Begs the question... "What are these State people thinking?"

Answer......They're not.
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1_U2XQ0bI
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #18
WoodNStreamer

1961 22' Flying Cloud
Carlsbad , California
To all, Hope I haven't stirred up a hornets nest but the posts all bring up good points to ponder. What's the solution/fix....Who's to know. For now I'll think hard about spending the money to camp in a no hookup California State campground. Next week a lot of us (250 at last count) will be at Pismo Coast Village (private park) with full hookups and access to a great beach and town for a lot less money than the state campground next door. The state probably doesn't care about the lost revenue, they will tax something else and give the campgrounds up to a vendor/operator and take a small cut without putting any effort out. We have to enjoy the moment with our friends,family and Airstreams and if necessary travel a bit. We can visit states that want our business and appreciate the money we put into the local economies of the places we visit. Mike and Meg
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodN48 View Post
To all, Hope I haven't stirred up a hornets nest but the posts all bring up good points to ponder. What's the solution/fix....Who's to know. For now I'll think hard about spending the money to camp in a no hookup California State campground. Next week a lot of us (250 at last count) will be at Pismo Coast Village (private park) with full hookups and access to a great beach and town for a lot less money than the state campground next door. The state probably doesn't care about the lost revenue, they will tax something else and give the campgrounds up to a vendor/operator and take a small cut without putting any effort out. We have to enjoy the moment with our friends,family and Airstreams and if necessary travel a bit. We can visit states that want our business and appreciate the money we put into the local economies of the places we visit. Mike and Meg
Mike & Meg,

Anytime this type of thread is started, the hornets nest is shaken. Don't worry, what you bring up is good information and I hope the ranger was wrong.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote