Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
New Arstream Dealer in Texas???

I was searching for something and stumbled across the Vogt website and was surprised to see they are an Airstream Dealer.

I knew they sold and serviced a variety of motor homes for years, but selling Airstreams is something I didn't know.

Vogt RV Centers | Motorhomes | Travel Trailers | Fifth Wheels | RV Service | RV Parts

Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
I was there last weekend kicking tires. Wanted to check some stick trailers, Skyline Koala, but found the build quality not very attractive. Saw the Airstreams and checked out a few floor plans. 16 Bambi, 22 Sport, 23 FB, 25 FB. All prices were MSRP. No used Airstreams.What does it take to get an Airstream dealer stared up. Do they send a technician to the factory to learn how they are made and how to perform repairs?

KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
All I can say is that when Explore USA became a dealer they had sent several techs to Jackson Center to be trained. So based on that, yes, they receive training on Airstream specific problems and solutions.
Of course, Explore is no longer a dealership for Airstreams and the tech I dealt with at Explore Denton was either fired or quit a couple of months after he was trained.
It seems that at least here in Texas things change rapidly at these dealerships.
I'm glad that when I bought my trailer I bought based on purchase price and went with the best deal. At the time no other dealer in the country offered me a better deal than Explore.
I try to do all the service on the trailer myself. For any other work, I make a list and travel to Jackson Center to have them do the hard stuff.
In the past 26 years of Airstream ownership I have only made the trip to Jackson Center 4 times to have work done.
I'll be interested as to what kind of parts Vogt will stock and now I also have a place close by to get my yearly state safety inspection so I'm glad to have them as a dealer in the area.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote