Old 02-29-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
Dummerston , Vermont
Smile new Airstream home

We'd been looking for a place to store the AS and get it out of the driveway, maybe a garage/ lot/ or self storage space. Well, we found something better: a wooded retreat in the mountains - our own AS camp!

"Before"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	as2.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	4980  

Old 02-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
Dummerston , Vermont
"After"

Ahh, room to breath...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	as.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	4981  

Old 02-29-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
But I still see the reflection of the car! Sure looks right at home there though

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
Dummerston , Vermont
Car? What car? Must be a reflection of that moose that was standing behind me when I took the photo...

"Only those that can see the invisible..."

Doug
Old 02-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #5
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
I miss my photoshop software...
Old 02-29-2004, 05:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
It's interesting how you took your potted cedars with you and got the snow to melt around the tougue in the exact same pattern around the jack.

You wouldn't be trying to pull a fast one on us, now would you?
Old 02-29-2004, 05:50 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

The snow and branches reflections on the side of the trailer are telling.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #8
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Was a great day today...opened her up and let the fantastic fans run....I'd really like to get the new garage built so that I can put the Safari indoors and stop worrying every time a bad storm comes....

Eric
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
Dummerston , Vermont
Okay, okay! I confess, the photo is fake.

No conspiracy, though. The land is real, and the photo shows where the trailer is planned to go this summer, if we can get the insides back together and haul it up there. Also still need to think about a driveway and whether or not we'll dry camp or want power/water on site.

What do you think, Edie G, should we take the potted cedars with the trailer or not?

Just sharing the dream...
Doug
Old 02-29-2004, 07:06 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Doug;

Peter and I can totally relate.....we just picked up a waterfront lot in October and can't wait to clear out a nice little spot for our new A/S.

From a little different perspective - this will be our VIEW!

Promise no touch ups to the inside - that is for real! - sort of like that 68 GlobeTrotter that finished today at $8500 US - wow - thank goodness we did not buy from ebay - there would go our referb budget

PS - use your laso tool, and the rubber stamp tool to cheat! oh and the touching up with a slight pixel blure blends them together nicely.

Have a great evening.

SPK
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gt on lot copy.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	4994  
Old 02-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
What do you think, Edie G, should we take the potted cedars with the trailer or not?
I say go ahead and take them. We took potted plants with us on a 3 week trip a few years ago. It makes your spot have that extra homey touch!
Old 02-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
Dummerston , Vermont
Hi SPK,

Great photo work; even the lighting looks good. I'll be sure to use your touch up tips next time.

What a view you're going to have...matched, of course, only by the beauty of your Globetrotter! Do you plan to use the trailer as a cabin or will you also travel with it? We're hoping to travel alot with our Cruiser, but you know, once we make a nice spot, get a little comfortable, I can imagine we might consider hanging closer to home.

Be sure to keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Doug
Old 02-29-2004, 09:23 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Doug;
Quote:
Do you plan to use the trailer as a cabin or will you also travel with it?
We are very lucky to actually live just up the road an 8 minute walk from the waterfront lot. So we live in vacation land and we get to enjoy it evenings and weekends. It is our intent to start spending our vacations travelling with our GT-A/S- probably 3 weeks in the summer doing places in Canada and 3 weeks in the winter (yep you guessed it heading for warmer weather - we really miss playing golf during our winters!!!).

We have a bit of work to do before she gets to sit on the new lot - as we have a dock to build first for our Boat. Then we will have to build some sort of level platform to roll her on as we are talking a big huge granit rock that the levelling chocks just might not cut it .

Have to check with the Township by-laws - but we are hoping to add a temporary electrical service and put in a septic system and then hook her up "temporary" during the season - and bring her up across the road for the winter - and by that time hopefully have built a solid roof structure over her.....soooo

We have a lot of work to do this Spring - Summer - Fall - not to mention working on the A/S.

And if we already don't have enough to do- we had planned on renovating our Bunkie into my new office this Spring (well before any waterfront lot or Airstream came along) - to get it out of the house and give us more room. - With all this exciting adventure into the airsteam world we thought it would be neat to decorate the inside of the bunkie like a 50's A/S - right down to the head and goucho couches with aluminum walls and bulkhead cupboards - It will act as a functional guest house as well - just incase the 60's A/S is full.

.....or we could just not do anything and travel every weekend and use all 6 weeks to take off this summer - just far too many things to think about and get done.

SPK

You mentioned haul up to your lot - are you in the mountains?
Old 03-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
Dummerston , Vermont
SPK,

LOL! I can relate to the project thing. My partner says I'm a "projaholic." I like to think I'm in recovery, but must admit that I binge on renovating and project planning from time to time. We hadn't finished remodeling our home in Brattleboro (Vermont) before we took on the A/S project. (It was his idea, and he knows I can't resist!) Now with both of those in progress, we've got a camp to develop. I swear, after this last one I'm quitting. Really, I mean it!

Yes, the lot is in the mountains a short hike from the nat'l forest and the White Rocks Nat'l Rec. Area. We've already spent alot of time up there this winter camping and snowshoeing/skiing. The parcel is about 11a. of rolling terrain and wetland with a brook running through it. Not really an easy site to develop for a residence, which may be why it has been preserved for so long in it's natural state. Perfect for us, though, and hopefully for the A/S. I think we'll be lucky this year just to clear a spot for the trailer. Plans for the screen porch cum guest room by the brook, the foot bridge, the outdoor washroom, and the fire pit will have to wait a few more years!

Doug