Old 09-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #15
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Wow - that's right here in Phoenix. Maybe I'll go look at it. I could use a vintage tow vehicle. Hmmm - then again maybe I shouldn't.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #16
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
C.h.e.v.r.o.l.e.t.=

Completely. Hopeless. Every. Vehicle. Relies. On. Leftover. Engine. Technology.

Old 09-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Dodge-what you have to do to avoid one broken down in the road.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
". . .Why can't one of the Big Three reintroduce an original body with modern conveniences like coil suspension and heated leather seats... "

I agree, Roger! I too remember those hard-as-rocks, straight-up-and-down bench seats-argh! Your quote above, now THAT would catch my eye The body of that '48 Sub is great. Put new goodies inside, and wouldn't we all line up for a test drive? And maybe buy! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
Of all things, I saw a new Corvette ragtop the other day that turned my head, and the new Jags still have some style, but nobody "gets it right" anymore.
As much as I hate to admit it, IMHO Ford "got it right" with the new Mustang. I saw a new 'stang with the Boss package the other day (mint green with the Boss striping, flat black hood, retro-styled wheels, and even rear window louvers!!) It was like someone had rolled a '71 through a time machine and the car had been massaged and modernized in the process. I made a promise to myself that I would own one just like it one day, and the way Ford's depreciate, I should be able to get a good deal on a nice one in 4 or 5 years .

There - I said it - I actually like a vehicle the Ford builds. Whew! That was tough, but I feel better now that I've got that off of my chest. I imagine that this must be how a homosexual would feel like after they had come out of the closet. Wait.........let my try this one more time just to be sure....... I actually like a vehicle that Ford builds. Yup, it really stuck that time, must be for real. This is great. Now I think I'm going to run outside and hug my neighbour's Taurus wagon.............naw, that would really be pushing it ! P.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:02 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
GM steals another design. They took a PT cruiser and stuck a bow tie on it. More great innovation from God's Mistake.
Before you made your comment, did you actually go look at an HHR up close... because if you did, you would know there is a lot more to it. It is a better overall design than the PT, yes there is a similarity in shape, but it is more similar in shape to the old Suburban than it is to the PT Cruiser....and if you would take the time to go and look at one, you would find that they are a very neat little vehicle. But then again, you are just firing a pot shot from the cheap seats.......
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:15 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 427 cubic inches, 505 horsepower, Autoweek magazine proclaims it as the best value EVER, in super cars! Blows the doors off of the Viper and anything else that is less than TRIPLE its price. The I-6 has made the best ten engines list for four years in a row. The 5.3 in the current pickups, gets the best mileage of any 1/2 ton pickup. The 8.1 Vortec is the most highly regarded engine in gasoline class A motorhomes.....

C ompetent H igh performance E very V ehicle R elies O n L egendary E ngine T echnolgy!!
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
sheesh I posted this nice long reply and it disappeared...turns out my son tried to log on and cut the connection to my laptop...oh well
To me its like apples and oranges, chocolate and vanilla , coffee and tea...Ford and Chevy arguments are fun and will always be a hot topic. Throw Toyota and Nissan and Dodge in there and it gets real interesting
The new baby burb does get good press from the car mags. I also love the new 'stang..its a head turner. Can't wait to see the new forms it will come in..Saleen, Cobra, etc.
The retro thing is very cool to me. I have had fun driving Prowlers, Vipers,the new Minis which are amazing...and oh yeah my retro Airstream!

AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags