Old 08-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
We can tow it!
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Talking Where can a girl get one of those po license plates/tbl stickers?

In my native homeland of Wayne County, Meeshigan only l(aw) e(nforcement) o(fficers) drive the speed limit Jes kiddin occifer...

Personally I prefer to drive at or below the legally posted speed limit, I notice it leaves lots of room to stop cause everyone's in the left lane passing me or waving their arms around alot if they are stuck behind me. I figure its good for their circulation.

Not to get off topic, but doesn't it irritate you when someone leaves their turn signal on for six blocks, or doesn't use it and then you have to play mind reader on top of everything else?

Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
I want 1 of those stickers although I am sure if it gets out they will change it or maybe a silver line for Airstream owners

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #17
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
....... I wondered if they are related or perhaps the thicker bar/band meant something different like State level law enforcement, FBI/GBI or CIA, or something on that order.
Hey Tom, I doubt these guys go around advertising.

I have two Friends who are police officers (local, two different forces). One got a ticket from a State Trooper down near Forsyth for speeding. The other guy pretty much shows the "courtesy" as described in this thread. Not surprisingly, he just made Lieutenant this week. The other guy with the speeding ticket is stuck in an instructor position. I think there's something to be said for personality & "presentation".

The way I see it, they are simply showing courtesy to "those in the brotherhood/sisterhood". I don't have a problem with it, within reason, of course. And I got a warning ticket from one them this week. First ticket in nearly 33 years.

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I see different police habits depending where I am.

In Denver, there seem to be lots of officers driving really badly—not just speeding (a relative term since I think speed limits are generally too low), but discourteous and sloppy driving. Of course, whenever a Denver cop has lost it with a citizen, there is little discipline. Juries in civil and criminal cases rarely find a cop liable or convict. It's not a good idea to be a minority in Denver. I've lived and traveled all over the US and Canada and never seen such bad driving by cops than in Denver. On the other hand, a small town nearby is known as a speed trap. Every local knows the marshall is waiting somewhere to give someone a ticket for going down a wide state highway a few miles over 25. Well, not every local—I know a bunch who have been caught (a husband and wife got ticketed the same day in separate cars at different times of day several years ago!). Just getting onto the highway safely because of the traffic means you're at 30 before you know it—guess who's waiting.

I have known good cops and try not to know or meet the bad ones. Some police dept's are better or worse than the average. A lot of small towns can't pay much, so they too often get some of the worst and the good ones get experience and move on. "Professional courtesy" seems to me another way of saying "favoritism" and in this case knowing that cops get a break on things the rest of us don't, fosters disrespect for the law. I have noticed over the years that cops are a lot less friendly than they used to be; they seem to try to present the tough guy image now. Some are bullies. This is not a good trend. I also think it's one of the worst jobs you can have, but that's no excuse for bad behavior.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Two cops, both of whom I know, met on the freeway, one is CHP and one is local LE.
The local cop was speeding (Excessively) on Hwy 101 and the CHP pulled him over and wrote him up. The local cop mentioned "professional curtesy" to no avail. The CHP said "I'll give you the same curtesy you showed me by speeding on the freeway".
Good response.
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:38 AM   #20

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
An officer who unnecessarily writes a another officer is considered a jerk amongst his peers.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 AM   #21
Rivet Master
1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
The biggest gripe I have with those who have the "right" to break laws in the line of duty is the petty and annoying way a minority chose to exercise it. Obvious abuses give others the idea, by example, that anything goes. Red zones that are so marked because a car parked in that area is a traffic hazard, are still hazardous even if that car is a police car, etc..
Here is a quote from a time before license plates:
"No man is so insignificant as that he can be sure his example can do no hurt. There is naturally such a submission of the understanding, as many do in truth think that lawful to be done which they see another do, of whose judgment and integrity they have a great opinion..." Edward Hyde, first Earl of Clarendon

Funny where these threads go...
"Not all who are laundering are washed" say Bill & Heidi

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Funny where these threads go...
I thought I'd get one, maybe two responses and this thread would go down in history...and two pages later...
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #23
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
An officer who unnecessarily writes a another officer is considered a jerk amongst his peers.

I agree.
Remember, I said excessive speed. This was triple digits.

AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote