Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2002, 08:45 AM   #21
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Angry Eating cars

My late, lamented Chow Chow ate the armrest of my old Celica. She got her intestines all plugged up with chunks of the vinyl and cost me a fortune at the vet.

BTW: I used to work with a guy named T. K. Chow. When we got the Chow Chow, we just naturally named her Tei Kai Chow. He found that out later by accident and never was very friendly after that.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:26 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Who & Why...

Hi All....
...Mmmm...Just wondering...Who tastes the DOG FOOD to check that it IS a NEW IMPROVED FLAVOUR....and......
how come you can't buy MOUSE FLAVOURED cat food... and WHY does my DOG lick his bum..and then KISS my sister-in-law...
Soooooo...I took Toby to the vets a while ago...for his kennel cough squirt-up-the-nose-jobby....HE was'nt toooooo pleased abt that ...and when he saw the CLIPPERS...he almost fainted...in all it went quite well...cost £ 20. ( $ 30. ) around $ 1. a SECOND....
A elderly lady at the pay desk told me she was DEAF...but could hear my Toby BARKING...so I said you AINT deaf then...
her Daughter told me she was LIP READING....Mmmm next time Your dog BARKS...put your fingers in your EARS...and LOOK at your dogs FACE...see if you can tell weather he is barking or not....What he was doing was...IF that ruddy CAT wags it's TAIL in my face agn...I am going to turn it into a BOA....LOL....
Pets you either LOVE 'em or LOATHE 'em...
A young lad had a HUGE S P I D E R in a plastic box...it looked like a T - ran - u - la...thingy...toooooooo...close 4me for comfort....kept on cleaning his eyes with it's big hairy legs...maybe he could'nt believe how UGLY I realy am...says the WIFE...lmao....B-Good ALL...Chris.....
Old 10-17-2002, 08:01 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
I have to say I have loved all my dogs, cats, and other pets. We currently have a Turtle named Spike and a Schnauzer named Freddie. My son who is 8 has seen 2 of our cats and one of our dogs leave us. He has learned that is the way of life. I believe the highest show of love for a beloved pet is to find another to bring into your home when you lose a pet. So many animals need good homes. If you check out the GIF on th left you can see Freddie between my wife and myself. Freddie Is the only small dog I have ever had own me and I must say he changed my mind about small dogs.

BTW I believe that cats go to heaven also.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:38 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Dog darn computor...

Well it's been a BAD week 4 us over here...the 'putor realy screwed up, luckily it is covered by insurance waranty !!!!, one Guy came on Wed:...shook his head...messed abt with it...NO hard drive...another Guy came on Fri:...YIPPEEEEEEE !!!, all OK...this morning ...here we go agn...NO : sound, usb ? printer, scanner...so guess who's going 2 have a few words on the phone later 2day....
Pets...well as the P was down our Toby got LOTS of walks, but now we have the horse chestnuts dropping from the trees....we don't do the woods, as they hurt his FEET...any one got a spare set of boots, for a BIG-FOOTED labrador...lol, guess I'll have 2 find other routes 4 him, as he loves the woods...nose down..butt up....he's OFF...goes like stink, he looks like one of those little 'letric cars on the track, I get the impression he don't kn what a straight line is ...lol...bless him...saying he gets a little grubby is NOT quite true...he was rolling in the horse muck this morning at 7am, down the muddy lane at the stables, he don't like the big bo-bo's....they kinda little BIGGER than him lol, but he don't bark at 'em anymore now....that's a good thing I guess...
there were 17 horses in the field, and most of them wanna come an talk 2 you, trouble is I only got 2 HANDS...and they holding onto the PUP... a big black 'n white one is real spooky...it's got that kinda look in it's eye...U kn...that look that says MISCHIEF...as if it want's 2 take a bite at U or kick Yr ass into the field 2 miles down the lane...if U kn what I mean...however I aint willing 2 find out....well ALL have a good day 2 day...Chris.....
Old 10-26-2002, 03:49 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

My 3 love their camping trips. I don't know what I would do with out them. (The forth one is my parents )

Old 10-28-2002, 03:59 PM   #26
andreaszabo

story

Thanks for posting the credits to that story. It has circulated around some working gun-dog digests I have been on and I didn't know where it originated.
I have always had 'bargain basement' dogs. The last two are real challenges. Wirehaired pointing griffons. Scruffy, smart you name it. They can open doors, car windows, car doors, cabinets, crates (both kinds). The good news is that they match my airstream in colour, but they are not allowed inside.
--andrea
Old 10-28-2002, 07:35 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Have to thank Edie for pointing me in the right direction.
After the lead, I went out and searched thru the numerous "The Twilight Zone" websites until I found the Credit lines that I posted with the story. Like Edie's pointer, I really like to give credit were credit is due.

Regards;
-BobbyWright

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:46 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Our travel companions

I posted this picture somewhere else I think, but any time I see doggie posts, I have to jump in, right?

Our Jack Russell Terriers are the main reason we purchased our Bambi. We take them to terrier trials all over the place and have met some wonderful people and dogs so far. The JRTs sure make themselves comfortable, wherever they are!

Cherie
Attached Images

KY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Nikki

October 1, 1987 - April 13, 2004

For the 4th time, thank you Lord, for letting us be the care taker of another one of your fine animals. (One of the better ones)
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:03 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
So sorry for your loss

Bobby .. it is very hard to lose a life long companion.. Have been there and will be again at sometime in our lives.. we have a wonderful little guy called Toby.. who has filled the void of the loss of my wonderful beagle .. Pockets.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Bobby,

I am so happy for you that you had the opportunity to have Nikki in your life. Likewise, I ache for the grief you must feel letting go.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Twilight Zone

It looks like the Twilight Zone episode mentioned at the beginning of this thread is scheduled to air tonight on the Sci-Fi channel at 1:00 a.m. EST.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Edie, if I watched that old show, I'd squall all night. . .Taffy and Licky Nicky and Black Pearl and Heidi and. . .and. . . Now we have nine year old Wally, our Weinaraner, old and stiff like we are growing to be. We are all a good match! We talk about getting a pup, just to have, company for Wally, and, well, you know. Somehow we just can't bring ourselves to do this yet. I think Wally would never forgive us for upsetting his princedom in our household!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:08 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Oh yeah, it'll make for a really good cry.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:08 PM   #35
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
We had a Cocker Spaniel once. To make a long story short we had to have her put to sleep. I couldn’t bear to sign the papers so my wife had to do that. We both left balling like babies that day. They are truly like a part of the family.

We now have a 13 year old Chihuahua which has lived inside with us the whole time. I dread to think how difficult it will be when we loose him.

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote