Old 11-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England

AS I sit here typin away, I'm thinkin I should be doin something else, somethin so important, like... then it hit Me...We lost our 12 yr old " Pup " jus a couple of months ago, ( Cancer ), I still go 2 get His feed once in a while... sigh !... i was up realy early this mornin, well actualy I never went to bed, have'nt slept much since Tuesday... Anyhow, I got to thinkin what Mum would want shoppin wise, 100 yards down the road, stop turn around... Gee it's tough... But Yr all right, time is a healer... Mum had a wonderful life, We all adored Her, showered Her gifts all the time, toiled in Her garden which She loved so much, Fed Her birds & squirrels & took Her out all over the place, Mum only wanted 3 things in Her life.......
1, Visit Austria.
2, A beautiful Garden.
3, For Her Children to be with Her when She closed Her eyes.....
Well we done all that for Her, I only wish We could have done somethin more to ease Her pain, these past few years... it would have been Her 85 birthday in January... Her passin on the 11th day of the 11th month, was a great day for Mum, Rememberance Day... We will NEVER forget that... Last night My eldest Brother passed down to My middle Brother Mum's foto collection, after takin His, inturn He passed it to Me, now I pass it to our sister... There are pictures of folk I never seen b4, & sadly no one knows who anyone is... it's a shame, I don't even know My own ancesters... Darn !... ( Cute one of Me age 18 month ).
Well Guess I kinda gone on a bit , so Many many thanks You to all 4 your support during our sad loss & our saddest day has yet to come...
Thank You all... Chris.....

It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Chris, you have a circle of forum friends to join with you in spirit on that saddest day yet to come. I hope you can sense our friendship now as we are visiting on the forum. Your mum became a "mum" for all of us who followed your family stories. We grieve with you, remember the anecdotes, and pray for your family at a sad time. In truth, in time, pain eases and you'll have a treasure chest of those wonderful memories. Thinking of you and your family today... !G

1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:36 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
I know...

Thank U all 4 Yr very kind words of sympathy, during Our sad time... realy it's the waiting that's the hard bit... tho sayin our goodbyes is hard enough, but having to wait 9 days was truely a nightmare 4 all who loved & knew Our dear Mother... The service was very good, We jus did not realise how many friends Mum had, Her Gardener, Milkman & Her warden, a few of the Mc. Millan cancer trust nurses who cared for Mum were there for Her too... in all about 60 people turned out... It was lovely to know Mum was loved by so many people, people who none of us ever saw B4, & most likely not see again.... Mum requested only ONE white Gladiolia for Her, but She had a beautiful bouquet from Her Grangchildren in Australia... ( Bless them )....
We went onto the local club & had lots of toasts to Mum, ate & drank ourselves stupid, & the stories started... well 5 hours later the taxis came to take us home, all our cars left at the club until the following day....
Last nite ( Sat ) My Sister & Her Husband & Mum's 3 Boys as Mum called us, had a private meal with our Wives at one of our homes, where We could say our final Prayers & Goodbyes in Honour of Our Wonderful Mother... it was sad & hard for all of us, the stories raised thier heads agn, we all told a few, & both My Brothers sugested I wrote that BOOK, the book that so many people tell tellin Me to write, even some Guys on this forum, many, many moons ago said I MUST do it.... It would have things like..... As We were quite poor in the early sixties, a Cookie was a huge treat for us 4 kids, so what the other 3 did was to take it in turns of telling tales, getting ME into trouble, & I ended up bein sent to bed, with NO cookie, so they could have MY share.... But hey U think I fell for that one, Who put Mustard On My Brothers Jello sandwich & blamed His Sister ?... LOL ! & a million ( well a good few ) more...
I also know that a million other folk out there lose someone close to them, & I are no different, but people jus don't talk abt's life My Friends... & life goes on, thro both the Hard & the Sad time, so on that note, Bless U ALL & God Bless America... Chris.....
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:57 AM   #18

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
We share your heartache, I lost last Christmas Eve. Can't tell you how much I miss her. God Bless.
AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Lost my mother at 87 on Christmas day. Still want to call her to tell her something, then remember she won't answer now. It's so hard and certainly changes the way you think about this life. Life is so short, let's enjoy our friends, our families and our trailers while we can. I will be thinking about you. Thanks for sharing your mon's story with us. We all felt as if we knew her. What a grand lady she was to have the love of all her children.

Judy At Home in Oklahoma
juel is offline   Reply With Quote