Old 03-22-2005, 08:34 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Truck-buying women

Juel already knows about my truck buying experience. Went from one salesman to the next having to drag answers out of them. They had only two questions for me: "What color do you want?" and "When can your husband come in and talk to us?" then they would practically push me out the door. Finally, I went to the guy who sold my husband his car. He already knew both of us and remembered that I was CFO of our household so we were able to deal. I did let Doug choose the color though.

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Since this is an off topic thread, here go my meandering thoughts: This IS an entertaining, not to mention full-of-informational thread! And kudos to Doug & Jamie for a terrific web page (see link just above) : fun to read and well chosen, well displayed links! Almost makes me want to try one too. I've had my own tool bag for years, but it seems everyone in the family uses out of it (since they never know where they left something!), so I think it's time to reprovision--and add the essential rivet tool Off to our Ace Hardware. . .it's a rainy day on spring break, so what's better to do? On a side note, HOW do you all find those vintage A/S-Argosies? We've canvassed our neighboring counties homestead hunting, but try as I may to crank my head in all directions at once, nary an old trailer do I find. Are they scarce as the proverbial hen's teeth in mid-America?

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Aw shucks!

Thanks for the compliment, maxandgeorgia. I know this thread is about women, but I have to give credit to Doug for setting up the blog. He's the one with the tech brain. But he trained me on how to use it and I'm now adding the Blog-manager cap to my wardrobe.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:48 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
Some love us, some hate us. Some just think we're pushy broads.
My husband does all three.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Maxandgeorgia, you must have missed that 20ft AS on ebay. It was sitting in St. Louis, and I wanted it so much. I think it went for about 6k or 7k, I couldn't see the end of the auction. It was in great shape and well worth that. I see lots of AS on ebay or on the web. I bought mine from the RVTrader site. Had to go down to El Paso to pick it up, but I love it. I want an AS now but I'd better finish this Argosy first and start talking my husband into finding space on the land to put another trailer. There is someone on this forum who has an Argosy for sale. Just ask or search and someone will direct you to your NEXT most favorite trailer.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:54 PM   #62
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Why men can't know...

Perhaps this will explain it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	male brain.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	11134   Click image for larger version

Name:	female brain.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	11135  

May you camp where wind wonít hit you, where snakes wonít bite and bears wonít git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:00 PM   #63
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
HA! LOL Rog! What do you expect from a hunter/gatherer type disposition.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
You mean to tell me there is enough blood in my system to run one?!?!?!!!? I will have to re-check the data on that........
I can barely walk and chew gum let along use one of my heads with out getting dizzy.

Man is there a lot of estrogen flying in here....
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:17 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
All is this funnin isn't turnin nasty now is it???
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Yes, Norby, no one can question that I'm a moron when it comes to choosing men with useful qualities. Kind of like shopping for swimsuits, I just grab the first one that fits (since they all LOOK good to me!). And then, by summer's end, you're tired of it ....

And no, Mark, brains and a fat wallet aren't all they're cracked up to be. I'd trade every one of those smart, conflicted, angst-ridden, rich guys I've gone through for one who could do plumbing & electrical! In my experience, guys need constant supervision or they fall through the cellar doors rather than fixing the hinges.

I WANT A COWBOY! ... gotta get outta Chicago ...

and I vote for a Grrrrrrrally! The sooner the better.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #67
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Don't cha need a coach first to have a rally? Did you get yours yet Summerkid?
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:03 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
OK OK, this thread was started to let all of you know how hard the trailer renovation is for us women. There are a lot of things that it is incredibly hard for us to do. A lot of tools that are too powerful for us to work correctly. A lot of tools that take more strength than we have. I have found myself using my arms and one knee to push on something. Sometimes I come to a complete standstill on a project until I can get someone to help me. I also don't know what most men know about electricity and about plumbing. How they learn these things, I don't know. Do men just forge ahead and try things where we just stop and think "what am I going to really mess up if I do this", and "can I fix this if I break it". I have a wonderful husband who would do anything for me and puts up with a lot from me. I am a pushy broad. But we do balance things out on this renovation thing. I keep him from tearing up my fragile trailer by trying to strong arm through a project that requires a gentle touch. I never meant this thread to be a "male bashing" opportunity. Bless them, they usually do try to do what we want if they can figure it out. That's another thread right there. Judy
Old 03-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Go Girls!

As an totally outnumbered male in my household (even the pets are girls), I do everything to let my little girls know that they can do whatever they want! I've even let them practice "boys / men don't really know!" Sigh.....

Juel - I really like your Argosy - I've only seen one other like yours with no center trim in the front and the "rectangle" trim on the last 2/3rds of the trailer (posted by Inland RV all polished up without paint). 1978 must be a rare year. I think I might pull my trim off the front - I like the clean look.

Keep it up!
Marc
Old 03-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Hey 3M, post a picture of your Argosy. I really believe that the teams that made these Argosy trailers were just told "build it any way you want, it will drive the customers crazy". I've never seen two Argosys that were alike, even in 78.