Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
This may or may not be the chris of wasaga!
Hmmmm. Well if he gets that Stream cleaned up he can take off that fake nose.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
Well done Chris! I hope you and Mom are enjoying the trip. As a mid-Atlantic weenie the white out snow would have scared the stuff out of me. But you Canucks are a hardier breed, eh? Have fun and enjoy! I think your trailer looks just fine!

Sue---who is just happy that you're on the road!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
Ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysue925 View Post
Well done Chris! I hope you and Mom are enjoying the trip. As a mid-Atlantic weenie the white out snow would have scared the stuff out of me. But you Canucks are a hardier breed, eh? Have fun and enjoy! I think your trailer looks just fine!

Sue---who is just happy that you're on the road!
It was 66 degrees here in Delaware today! Winter, we don't need no stinkin winter!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #44
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
Are you wearing a fake nose, mustache and glasses while you travel in that SOB?
No fake nose etc. just a ski mask as suggested by others.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #45
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
Hmmmm. Well if he gets that Stream cleaned up he can take off that fake nose.
That is me in the pice but not my stream. It's Wally's gold one. I'd love to get my hands on it and fix it up. It's such a shame that it is wasting away in the mothership's parking lot.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #46
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysue925 View Post
It was 66 degrees here in Delaware today! Winter, we don't need no stinkin winter!
66 I feel for you, that will be the low here tonight and it's predicted to be in the 80's for the rest of the week.

So we arrived safe and sound this afternoon just before 3:00PM in time to get set up and Larry the cable guy(not really him) showed up to connect the cable/internet.

On a side note stay away from Camping world in Jacksonville. I went there today to get the rig washed and was rudely told "ain't gonna happen". The lot is not RV friendly either. I pulled into the "RV" parking and needed a 35 point turn to get out again.

The KOA in St. Mary's GA was very nice. Beautiful park, easy to get in and out of, with free internet, cable TV and a free waffle breakfast too.

I'm in the Seasons In The Sun RV Resort in Mims Fl. It is very nice too but big. My little truck(F450) and little trailer (35ft) seemed small compared to some of the huge quad slide diesel pushers here.
My site is surrounded by palm trees all covered in spanish moss.
Tommorow I willl be checking out the whole park and it's amenities. Hopefully I can post some pices for all to see.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
There is another camping world on the south end of jacksonville that has better access. It is adjacent to the outlet malls....technically st augustine.
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
Old 02-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #48
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_lewis77 View Post
There is another camping world on the south end of jacksonville that has better access. It is adjacent to the outlet malls....technically st augustine.
Sorry I forgot to mention that one. I stopped there too and although they weren't able to wash teh rig they were very polite about it. It is much easier to get in and out of and actually have real RV parking.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
That is me in the pice but not my stream. It's Wally's gold one. I'd love to get my hands on it and fix it up. It's such a shame that it is wasting away in the mothership's parking lot.
Oh yes, I've seen pics of it before. That is a shame. Kinda counter to their whole perfection in travel trailer thing. Must be the big brother Thor influence.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Some silver paint and you could just tell the world it's a Custom One-Off AS. Who would know ?????? We're heading for Fla in a couple weeks but will be moving around while there. Don't want any moss growing under our AS. Hoping to get out before winter decides to slam us.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 02-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #51
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
Some silver paint and you could just tell the world it's a Custom One-Off AS. Who would know ?????? We're heading for Fla in a couple weeks but will be moving around while there. Don't want any moss growing under our AS. Hoping to get out before winter decides to slam us.
Well it does have aluminium sides albeit they are painted white so I could always slap an Airstream sticker on it and tell people it's a Squarestream.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #52
x

XXXX , XXXX
Some Pics

Sorry for the delay folks but I have been a little busy getting settled into the SOB.
Last night we went out to dinner in Cocoa Beach with some friends of mine who winter in Fla. Then we went for a walk on the beach and waded into the water, at 10:00PM it was still over 70 degrees. Walked around the tourist spots and saw the shark tank at Ron Jon's, a famous surf shop and beach outfitter shop.
Anyway here are a few shots of the trailer on site and some of my view from under the awning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	158.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	150407   Click image for larger version

Name:	159.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	150408  

Name:	160.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	450.6 KB
ID:	150409   Click image for larger version

Name:	161.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	492.3 KB
ID:	150410  

Name:	162.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	150411  
Old 02-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #53
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
As to RV wash, try Blue Beacon Truck Wash. It would never occur to me to use CW for any service, much less washing. The truck guys might well get a kick out of your rig. Doesn't matter what it is if the owner is the sort to enjoy talking to service personnel and drivers. I use the cigarette-hanging-from-the-lower-lip trick, too, [as in above pic] when I want to be convincing. Pass a few around.

Enjoy your stay.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #54
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Chris, not only do you have an SOB, but you (and I and Rednax) are about the only people on the planet not watching the super bowl.

You need a bumper sticker saying "My Other Trailers are Airstreams".

Gene
Old 02-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #55
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Chris, not only do you have an SOB, but you (and I and Rednax) are about the only people on the planet not watching the super bowl.

You need a bumper sticker saying "My Other Trailers are Airstreams".

Gene
Super bowl, whats a super bowl? Is it a really big place to put your salad? Oh yeah if I can remember correctly it has something to do with a sports game y'all play down here.

Funny you should mention a bumper sticker, i has though about something like: I rather be towing my Airstream
Old 02-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #56
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
Super bowl, whats a super bowl? Is it a really big place to put your salad? Oh yeah if I can remember correctly it has something to do with a sports game y'all play down here.

Funny you should mention a bumper sticker, i has though about something like: I rather be towing my Airstream
Actually it is a toilet that cleans itself.

I like that bumper sticker idea. Enjoy your time in the oppressive heat. We want more snow.

Gene
Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #57
x

XXXX , XXXX
Kelloggs, 'The Greatest Name In Cereals', presents: The Adventures of Superbowl. Faster than a speeding brown bullet! More powerful than a macerator! Able to leap tall black tanks in a single bound! ("Look! Up in the sky!" "It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superbowl!")... Yes, it's Superbowl ... strange visitor from another planet, who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal toilets! Superbowl ... who can change the course of mighty rivers of black water, bend toilet paper in its bare bowl, and who, disguised as a toilet, mild-mannered flusher for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way! And now, another exciting episode, in The Adventures of Superbowl!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I'm with you three. Got rid of the cable and the digital antenna's lousy reception makes for a lot of stop-action replay...

Tom, looking on Amazon to buy this "Superbowl!!!" RV toilet
Old 02-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
We tape the Superbowl, and then fast forward thru the game to watch the commercials! We're not watching either!

Kay
Old 02-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #60
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
We tape the Superbowl, and then fast forward thru the game to watch the commercials! We're not watching either!

Kay
Yeah...anymore you can just hit up youtube and watch them all ahead of time, and just skip the whole thing all together.

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
Closed Thread