Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
What do you mean? According to the forthcoming amendment, he'll be able to join WBCCI.

Four Corners Unit WBCCI #8654
Old 01-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
Think of how happy you will be to camp in an Airstream when the time comes. Nothing like standing on the other side of the fence to see how green your grass really is

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergg View Post
I move we have wasagachris removed from the site.

Just joking
It's all good. You have no idea how this decision has tormented me. The very thought of camping in a SOB white box makes me want to vomit but I'll be taking my 82 yr old mother with me. She lost her husband 1.5 yrs ago after a lengthy illness and she hasn't been able to get away since 2006. They were both regular snowbirds until then. If I wait until I finish one of the streams she may not be with us anymore. So between that realization and my desire to escape the snow I finally caved and bought this trailer.
Besides I can rent it out and get all my money back so I can sleep knowing that I haven't lost any money on it.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumaholic View Post
What do you mean? According to the forthcoming amendment, he'll be able to join WBCCI.
Now that's funny I literally fell off my chair when I read this post.
Somehow I don't think they would let me join as I own too many flags and my nametag is the wrong size and color.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Martinez , California
I'm a claims adjuster and I'm curious about the place you bought the trailer from. In California salvage vehicles all have to either go to a licensed auto wrecker or to a salvage yard (like Copart) where they are auctioned off, but the salvage yard can only sell them to a licensed salvage dealer or licensed auto dealer (i.e. - in California both insurance companies and salvage companies can't sell a vehicle to a private party). Sounds like you got a great deal.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
I'm a claims adjuster and I'm curious about the place you bought the trailer from. In California salvage vehicles all have to either go to a licensed auto wrecker or to a salvage yard (like Copart) where they are auctioned off, but the salvage yard can only sell them to a licensed salvage dealer or licensed auto dealer (i.e. - in California both insurance companies and salvage companies can't sell a vehicle to a private party). Sounds like you got a great deal.
Hi Mr. Bill I have been watching a site for several years now called crashedtoys.com
Crashedtoys
When I signed up I was led to another site for the main company called Salvage Direct.
Welcome - Salvage Direct

As a non dealer I was restricted to 5 states that I was allowed to buy from. Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota and Missouri. It's too bad as there are some incredible deals from the other states. I had actually won an auction for a 2004 Mustang GT convertible for $2400. It had no accident damage and was a dealer consignment unit. My bid was retracted the following day once they determined I was not elligible to bid on it.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
I'm going back to the statement no trailer "camping ready"? Safe tires and brakes and a tow light bar, a door that latches, a vehicle strong enough to pull it; now go get out there and find some rocks and streams and trees and snakes and things. Used to be the word "camping" meant "camping", not having some glamorous coordinated fashion statement you don't dare step in if your gucci boots had "soil" on them. You can't use anything untill it's completely restored back to better than new? That's not for my kind of camping.

NevadaGeo
Old 01-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #22
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Traitor! Just kiddin', dude. If you make it to Georgia, give us a buzz. Love to meet you guys.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #23
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
I'm going back to the statement no trailer "camping ready"? Safe tires and brakes and a tow light bar, a door that latches, a vehicle strong enough to pull it; now go get out there and find some rocks and streams and trees and snakes and things. Used to be the word "camping" meant "camping", not having some glamorous coordinated fashion statement you don't dare step in if your gucci boots had "soil" on them. You can't use anything untill it's completely restored back to better than new? That's not for my kind of camping.
That works for me but however not the same for Mom. It's a stretch to even get her to consider staying in a trailer. She is used to a 2 bed, 2 bath condo for a vacation.
BTW none of my trailers will be a glamourous coordinated fashion statements when done. Right now none of them are safe to travel as most have severe seperation issues and the one that is closest to being finished is an empty shell right now. I do take offense to your statement. You don't know me so why do you assume that I'm a pretentious person that wears Gucci boots. Jeans, a tee shirt and running shoes are my normal attire.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #24
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Traitor! Just kiddin', dude. If you make it to Georgia, give us a buzz. Love to meet you guys.

Jim
Thanks Jim once I have a travel plan in place I will be in touch and we can meet.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Well Chris, Congrats on the purchase. If the road brings you to Texas, come my way and we'll have a great time. Try to get here before March, because the temps start to climb above the 80s then. Not sure if you'll be able to survive past St Paddies day.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #26
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Well Chris you could always get a big roll of heavy-duty tinfoil and pretend.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Chris

Your decision makes a lot of sense to me. Just load up your mom and the trailer and head south where it is warm and enjoy yourself for a while. PM me if you will be heading close to Lynchburg, VA. I live close to a Walmart and we have extra bedrooms here for you and your mom.

Dan
Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #28

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
I have to recommend against a bag over your head... it could shift around and create a safety hazard by blocking your vision. Try a ski mask.

Anyone who'd suggest you should stay home in the snow rather than camp in some interim solution while you resurrect your multiple vintage toys is just a killjoy. Find warm sunny places to flaunt your SOB that cost you less than a pair of Airstream axles!

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
Closed Thread