Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Mark, R T A.

Hi All....
For those of U who kn me & our son Mark, I jus lettin U kn that Mark, whom is disabled with Autism & asbergers syndrome, was involved in a mishap with a car on a busy dual carriage way, on Monday afternoon...His LACE was undone, and as he got near to the kerb, He went and tripped on it, thus sending him into the side of a passing car, doing 40 mph, He IS a very LUCKY LAD, a few seconds b4...welll I aint gonna think abt it...
He was rushed to the local hospital, where he had a brain scan, & many, many X-Rays & a patching up session, His injuries are :, Tennis ball sized lump over right eye, can't see yet see out of it, yet, broken elbow, squashed toes, 3 badly bruised ribs, bloodied nose & scrapes 'n cuts all over....despite Mark looking like a PANDA Bear.....I brought him home 2day, still, He looks on the bright side, still smiling through it all, Our puppy TOBY was very nervous of him for abt 6 hrs...as he looked like what only a Dog would think...Chris.....
Old 06-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Sorry to hear of your son's unfortunate bout with a car. Hope he heals quick! We will keep him in our prayers and thoughts.
It sounds like it's the sort of thing that could happen to anybody. I have a friend who while rushing to get to a building during a rainstorm had his raincoat held over his head. He walked right into the side of a passing train! (the train was passing between two warehouses). This guy was 25-30 years old, and lived to tell about it with a broken arm. Although, 6 weeks later, as soon as he got his cast off he went out to play basketball with his buddies and broke his arm again... another story
Hope his recovery is fast and your out fishing together soon!
Old 06-10-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Seacoast , New England
I can truely understand-

My son Bryan also has Autism, and I can just see him doing something just like that.... One time almost got hit by a car because he saw a catapillar crossing the rode and decided to rescue it ... Most of the time he is very concientious about laws and rules, but there are those times when he gets distracted, ho boy!

Thank goodness that Mark will be OK! AND I hope that YOUR nightmears of this incident don't last too long. (sometimes it takes alot longer for us caregivers longer to recover than our kids! )

Take care, and God bless and continue to watch over you and Mark-
Barb
Barbara Peerenboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Gettin there...

Good Morning 2 U ALL...
Tho Mark is in GOOD SPIRIT...& talking abt HIs NEXT day out....I DON'T wanna even start thinkin abt it...Good Heavens... We all live on our wits when Mark is out 'n abt...but we can't keep him locked in, He's jus turned 29, He was 16 when the Doc's realised there WAS something wrong with Mark, WE kept on sayin so, but NO-ONE would listen...WE got ALL the excuses under the sun, I'm quite sure that the Authorities thought it were US that were MAD by keep on going-on-at-them.
He IS a lot better now....& THANK U 4 Yr nice replies...Mark say's FANX....2...Bless Him...LOL....
Barb: Sweetie-Pie....I guess U BN there & back, many, many times....& U got all the ache 'n pains...jus as we have....funny how He fears NOTHING....When He was abt 11 he came into the house with BUMBLE BEES, on his hands...BIG ONES.... says they r his FRIENDS...Well they must have bn, 'cos he nvr got stung at all....LOL , I guess he has someone on his side...he was talkin to it, as it was sat on the end of his finger, as if actualy listening 2 him...PANIC...gosh, i think I aged quite a lot, infact WE wish SOMEONE out there WOULD invent a MICROWAVE BED...where we could get 8 hrs SLEEP in 5 minutes...LOL, We need 2 watch him 25/8.....NO such thing...! there IS in OUR house....
Fishes...I realy do like those fishes...very good...made My day now, & it's NOT yet 6 AM...over here....
Take care 'n THANK'S 4 yr nice words...God Bless...Chris.....