Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
made the switch: browser

So I finally switched from Firefox to a new browser, this time to Edge. Pretty interesting.

1. Edge does not yet allow plug-ins, so no adblocker, among other things. Now I'm seeing what other people see, namely, the ads on Airforums. But I'll bet that other people aren't seeing the same ads! Check out the one in **the attached pic!

2. Edge is in some ways faster than others, but in other ways frustratingly slow. This morning, I decided to switch back to Firefox. And found it even slower. Back to Edge now.

3. They've still got some other fine-tuning to do with a bit of quirky behavior. For instance, for accidental keystrokes that I haven't exactly figured out yet, it'll move a tab to a completely new browser window, or move way up or way down on a screen.

I still have a little learning to do about the thing, though, without ad-ons and plug-ins, there really isn't that much.

**Humpf. File failed to upload. Gotta work on that one. Anyway, it's a screenshot of an ad on Airforums for ... MGB parts!

Lynn
Old 09-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Will follow with interest your experience with Edge.

I have never found Fire Fox to be slow but I have found individual sites to be extremely slow, namely this Forum from time to time.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote