Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
The thoughts and prayers of my whole family go out to you.

Anne Marie

darlingbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
It's a hard place to start a friendship but I just joined this forum a little while ago and have been reading and reading... and your first posts and then the most recent just break my heart. I know what it is to lose those who are closest to you. At this point, I haven't lost my husband, but I've been there with other family(direct-mom,sister,nephews), friends,animals. There's no words for this, only feelings and it's good to feel them. I know it feels impossible right now, but know that there are a bunch of good folks here that are standing by to be friends, even if it's an outlet to vent and express your feelings. I'm sure that in time you can find some of us to meet up with share good times, too. 30 years is a lifetime-- that is a real gift :-) Hold onto those good memories and know that he is still with you and always will be.

Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Victoria, I am so very sorry. You did your best and I am sure that Gregg knows how much you love him.
The Silver Queen
danalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Nothing will help with the rage you feel right now, but GO and be with him and talk to him. Love him and assure him that you will be all right. Just by telling HIM that, you'll motivate yourself to keep that promise, and that will help you. He WILL hear you too.

You'll have more time than you need LATER to be angry.

Do talk to a grief counselor. Grief isolates us, because we always feel that no one else in the world can understand what we are going through... look outward and you'll see what others have survived... and then you wouldn't trade your misery for theirs. I ache for what you're going through.

My ex and I divorced eons ago and I've forgiven and forgotten everything. I kinda remember the pain but it's like it happened to someone else. I HOPE for your sake that you someday reach a point where you realize how privileged the two of you were to enjoy 30 years together - and that the pain feels like it happened to someone else. I truly believe you two will be together again .... and you'll be lucky. (Me? I'd walk past Jim and I think our souls will have forgotten each other.) You might not believe it for years, but your grief may have a happy ending, my amnesia... not so much.

Feel everything you need to feel... but don't give in to despair... Your loyal husband and even your loyal dog did NOT waste their lives being your beloved companions... They KNOW you; and they know you have strength and capabilities that you've never even guessed at. Pray for serenity first, good judgment second, and the grace to be able to recover in time.

It may never be the same, but it is possible for you to go on and even be happy - the rest of your life might feel like being in the "waiting room" before you and your husband are back together - and the silver lining in the clouds might be the reflection from your celestial Airstream... But even if you're apart for 20 years, when it's over it'll be just like he pulled into the driveway from a 3 day trip.

Get some practical and financial help from your grown children. Do it now. It doesn't matter if they have their own lives and their own problems. You put your life on hold for them for 20 years... they can each give you 20 days.

Know that even if we can't give you a hug, we are here, and we care.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #19
Rivet Master
1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Victoria... I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Also seek out a social worker from the hospital or a chaplain to help you deal with the pain.
Marvin & Annie
Niki (fur baby)
1979 Argosy 30 (Costalotta)
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #20
Rivet Master
1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee

I am so very very sorry for what you are going through, both with Gregg and Sammie. Your pain, hurt, and anger is valid and real. We all are here in support of you even though not one of us can fully comprehend all you are feeling.

In situations like Gregg's, hearing is the last of the senses to go. Gregg WILL hear you, be assured of that in your heart even though your head may question it.

You have my prayers.

This may sound silly, but for real, don't forget to breathe . . .
Traveling With Elvis
life with a 1956 Sovereign of the Road

Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #21
Rivet Master
2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
you're not alone

I live in the DFW area. Please PM me with your cell & I'll give you mine if I can provide assistance.
"would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?"

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member
1977 31' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
Originally Posted by Tin Hut View Post
I live in the DFW area. Please PM me with your cell & I'll give you mine if I can provide assistance.
I am also in Dallas, in fact, I live five minutes from Methodist. Let me know if you need anything.
wbcci 7078 :: air 4125 :: tac TX-77
read about our adventures in renovation
janiemerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member
1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Thank you guys so much... well somehow maybe the power of prayer he is still here and off the vent ! He is not out of danger but he is still here... I would love support .. I think I do need some my cell is 903-436-7264. I can't even sleep am in some guest room at the hospital turned the water off to the trailer so it will not float away .. all I could think of to do.
Please keep praying I know he will not live a long life I just wanted the yr the Dr said we would have
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Thoughts and prayers coming from out west.

Stay strong for Gregg...
2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #25
Rivet Master
2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
We know your pain, and also know that it will get better with time. Our prayers and thoughts are with you, as all of the other forum members.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:31 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member
1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
well I saw him before I came back to this room and he was ticked off I guess as he called me a stupid B$tch ..he has never done that before ..oh we had our tiffs and I am the name caller in those not him. Always ticked me off because he would not get mad never had a good fight with him. But guess it is his state of mind.

Another thing that ticked me off he is diabetic but drinks diet cherry limeaids never had a issue in blood sugar. Last night he wanted one so I called a cab (I can't drive) went to a Sonic and got him a small one that nurse was ticked off because it raised his blood sugar my opinion at this point if he wanted a big box of candy what is it going to hurt now. It is his last days not theirs ...
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:52 AM   #27
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Victoria, he could have little control over what he is saying. It happens in times like these. Try not to take it personally. Looks like you have your pooter with you, which is good. We can give you some support from afar.

Get some rest and keep the faith.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #28
Rivet Master
1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas

Iam so sorry about Sammie and Gregg. My heart, support and prayers go out to you. Remember them both as they were and all the good times. Do not dwell on what is currently happening. Remember that the good lord never gives us more than we can bear and when he closes one door he will always open another. Keep praying and ask him to carry you at this difficult time. Remember "Footprints in the Sand" god bless you!!

WBCCI# 9259 AIR# 38927 TAC-TX 14
Stop Littering-Spay & Neuter-- Adopt From Rescue
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote