Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
MOA
1 Rivet Member

new york , New York
Looking for Airstream to be used in TLC show!

Hello,
I am looking for an Airstream to be used for 6 different shoots up and down the East Coast. First one June 10th and 11th in Fort Meade, MD; June 17th & 18th in Richmond VA, June 22nd and 23rd in TBD location an dthen July, 9th, 10th, 17th, 18th, 23rd, 24th in Florida and GA, TBD exact location.

Please drop me an email or a call if you are interested.

Samantha
212-627-2330 ext. 490
MOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Petersburg , Virginia
does it need to be the same airstream? I have a 1974 Sovereign International near Richmond, and would be available the 17th and 18th. I may be willing to let it be used up& down the east coast, but I'd like more details, obviously, before committing. Thanks!
BeckyAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Indeed, a few more details would be helpful. BTW, are you going to be on the Ft. Meade reservation proper? That's no easy feat in and of itself.

What's the purpose of this shoot? Interior or exterior shots needed?

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
MOA
1 Rivet Member

new york , New York
Update to Airstream to be used in TLC show!!

Hello,

Ideally, we are looking for a Flying Cloud Airstream with a dinette and 2 twin beds or a queen/king.
Also, the dates are as follows:
June 10th &11th (Fort Meade, MD), 17th &18th (Richmond, VA) 23rd & 24th (Rehoboth Beach, DE). If you are interested, we are also shooting 3 TBD locations in Florida and GA. July 9th & 10th, 15th & 16th, 22nd & 23rd.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Hi,

Just a suggestion, but you should probably keep your request under one thread. If someone is subscribed to your original, they may miss this one.

You may want to state exactly what you will be doing with and to the trailer. Will you be filming in it or around it? Will you be expecting any modifications? Airstream owners here are "in love" with their trailers. You might as well be asking to marry our daughters!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
And how much are you offering to pay, plus travel expenses. And who ever does this will get a certificate of insurance from you agent, I'm sure.

Jonathan
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Just a suggestion, but you should probably keep your request under one thread. If someone is subscribed to your original, they may miss this one.
Good point Dan. I have now merged the update thread into the previous one.

MOA, for max exposure & feedback it's more useful to maintain one line of member responses. In the last 24 hours I removed your blog post -- it duplicated the first post in this thread.

But to your main proposition -- obsessive vintage owners will want to shepherd their baby during such a proposal. You are asking pretty much for the whole summer. Who has that time uncommitted? I honestly wish that you may find a motivated fan(-atic) who has the time to set aside. The late hour may limit your audience.

I do believe you would find a natural audience to promote this program when this comes to air -- if you fully bring our membership into partnership with your goals and aspirations.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
I think you'll need to provide a lot more information to get any serious responses to this request.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Richmond VA

We would love to know where you will be in the Richmond area?
We have a 1976, but would need way more information before we offered to help.
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
MOA
1 Rivet Member

new york , New York
Thank you all for your responses! Here is more info!

Hello,

Thank you all for your input and responses, I am not a blogging expert, so I appreciate the help merging the two threads! I have been able to speak with a few people but have not locked in anyone yet, so here is all the information.

Info about the show: Hosted by the original UK hosts of WHAT NOT TO WEAR, Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine, bring their stellar expertise and charming wit to TLC with an all new series MAKING OVER AMERICA WITH TRINNY AND SUSANNAH. The British fashion gurus are about to enter new territory on the other side of the pond, to share their fashion philosophy by making over hard working women around America . The women will be given a location, name and fashion dilemma and show up at the person's house. They spend a day working along side them in their job, getting to know the makeover candidate, then they go home with them and get to know the family. The first night Trinny and Susannah spend sleeping outside the house. In the pilot they slept in an Airstream. We would love to continue to make this part of the show moving forward. We would film the hosts of the show inside the Airstream, sitting at the dinette chatting about their day and also possibly getting ready for bed.
Here is the website link:

Making Over America with Trinny and Susannah: TLC: Makeovers, Fashion

We would need the Airstream for shoots on the following dates: June 10th &11th (Fort Meade, MD), 17th &18th (Richmond, VA) 23rd & 24th (Rehoboth Beach, DE). Our budget does not allow for us to transport the Airstream down south, but if anyone is located down south, we are also shooting 3 TBD locations in Florida and GA. July 9th & 10th, 15th & 16th, 22nd & 23rd.

We do not have a huge budget for this, but are slightly negotiable, we can pay for hotel accommodations while the Airstream is being used and also pay mileage for your travel expenses.

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested or have any questions.

Samantha
212-627-2330 ext.490

Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #11
MOA
1 Rivet Member

new york , New York
Also...

If anyone has a business, you can get exposure in the show, via signage and end credit.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #12
MOA
1 Rivet Member

new york , New York
Hello Vajeep, We will be in Fort Meade, if you need additional information please email me at
Samantha.Prag@yahoo.com
Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
I did get in touch with this person, we talked about dates and locations. They liked our trailer and it sounded fairly straight forward, but they decided in the end to go with some one else.
I did ask to talk to the last Airstream owner, but we never got that far.

My question to the forum members: have you ever let some one use your trailer for commercial use and what was your experence?
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Thumbs up TLC shoot, Making Over America

Hey Airstream Friends!

Well, we just finished the 6th episode of Making over America! My dog, Osa and I have been on the road for almost two months now & it has been fantastic (my husband joined us for the 3 1/2 day driveathon from California to Maryland, thanks, Sweetness!).

This was the perfect gig for me, I've always wanted to take my show on the road and design and fill orders while getting paid to travel with my dog. We've had an absolute blast, have seen places we've never been before, and I will forever treasure this trip. We head home from Florida tomorrow.

I hope you'll tune in for the first of six episodes on August 21st, 2009 on TLC. Thanks!

Hope to see y'all on the road on the trip home! (look for a chick & her dog in '69 GMC pickup & '67 Tradewind!)

Happy summer adventures everyone!
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote