Old 08-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Looking For A Dealer

Believe it or not we don't have an A.S. dealer in N.Y.S. Does anyone have any experience with A.S. of Western P.A. in Greensburg. We plan to set up an appt. for the Dometic recall and some other service and are looking for some input. Any suggestions would be appreciated

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Robert,

Hope some other members kick in on this one.

If it is just the recall and minor things I;m sure thay can't screw it up too bad, but than...

Lost in Place

Michael

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Look'n For A Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artstream
Robert,

Hope some other members kick in on this one.

Lost in Place

Michael
So do I Mike! Yeah.... just some small concerns at this time; but it's kind of scary without any other options with-in a reasonable distance. Hard to believe NYS is empty!!!!!

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

RLC
Old 08-26-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artstream
Robert,

If it is just the recall and minor things I;m sure thay can't screw it up too bad, but than...

Lost in Place

Michael
Just returned yesterday from our trip to Airstream of Western PA. Boy what a pleasent surprise!!
We arrived after dark and first impressions were not good. After a fitful night of wondering if we had done the right thing the sun came up and so did our mood.
As it turns out they build a wide variety of utility trailers and caps at this facility, have a full woodworking,sheet metal, and electrical shop. The two technicans we met have over 30 some years experience each working with Airstreams. They had just finished repairing some extensive tree damage on a new A/S, what a great job!!!
The Dometic recall was done in less than an hour. Carl the technician even replaced a faulty igniter n/c.
About 9:30am Jack Fedorek the General Mgr. introduced himself, and gave us a complete tour of the manufacturing complex. We inspected some of the new inventory, and talked A/S for a couple hours. Turns out they are in the process of building a new sales showroom, less than 1/2 mile from the Mfg complex. Jack even admitted how difficult it was to sell from the current location.
At first I thought we may be involved with another Shining Time II, but boy was I wrong!! <>lesson learned<> don't jump to conclusions, take the time and get to know who you are dealing with, like us you may be pleasently surprised!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIRSTREAM OF WESTERN PA.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	43865  

RLC

RLC
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Smile

Robert,

Thanks for the report on AS of Western PA. My trailer is in western MD and that is by far the closest place for repair. Just what I need to know.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
A/s Of Western Pa.

kayelm:
Don't let the look of the physical plant get in the way of your decision. Give them a call and just explain what you need, I wasn't dissappointed, don't think you'll be either! Jack was very helpful. It's definitely not your slick big city operation, but if your like me, the personal attention more than makes up for anything that may be lacking in appearances. What was it you were looking to get done. Let me know how you make out. They will be on my A list, if we should decide to trade-up

RLC

RLC
Old 08-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
kayelm:
Don't let the look of the physical plant get in the way of your decision. Give them a call and just explain what you need, I wasn't dissappointed, don't think you'll be either! Jack was very helpful. It's definitely not your slick big city operation, but if your like me, the personal attention more than makes up for anything that may be lacking in appearances. What was it you were looking to get done. Let me know how you make out. They will be on my A list, if we should decide to trade-up
Quote:
Just returned yesterday from our trip to Airstream of Western PA. Boy what a pleasent surprise!!
[snip]
Are you both still happy with AS of Western PA? I may be buying a new unit from them.Thanks.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Believe it or not we don't have an A.S. dealer in N.Y.S. Does anyone have any experience with A.S. of Western P.A. in Greensburg. We plan to set up an appt. for the Dometic recall and some other service and are looking for some input. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Their is an Airstream dealer in Albany, NY.
TAC FL-47
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
South Hero , Vermont
There is an AS dealer in Plattsburgh, NY. I think that there is also a small one near Buffalo, as I've seen a few new listings on eBay.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks guys.