Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #29
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
Hi Doug and Jamie,

Around our grown sons (29 and 33) and grandkids, we have to be verry careful about the different shows we used to watch..I constantly get this blank stare when they hadn't heard of the shows!..talk about showing our age!
__________________

__________________
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #30
Rivet Master
 
LuminumTraila's Avatar
 
2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 987
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi Doug and Jamie,

Around our grown sons (29 and 33) and grandkids, we have to be verry careful about the different shows we used to watch..I constantly get this blank stare when they hadn't heard of the shows!..talk about showing our age!
Yup, know the feeling. My kids (28, 9, and 5 ) think I had the strangest childhood. Remember The F.B.I. with Efrem Zimbalist Jr.? Dad wouldn't miss it. Jackie Gleason and The Honeymooners, Ed Sullivan Show, Leave it to Beaver. (Gosh, Wally!) And when I was really little I had a shirt just like the one Dr. Kildare had, and it was my favorite thing.
__________________

__________________
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #31
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
Remember The F.B.I. with Efrem Zimbalist Jr.? Dad wouldn't miss it. Jackie Gleason and The Honeymooners, Ed Sullivan Show, Leave it to Beaver. (Gosh, Wally!) And when I was really little I had a shirt just like the one Dr. Kildare had, and it was my favorite thing.[/quote]

Ok, now you've started it, Doug and Jamie,

Yes, Iremember Efrem, and the rest!..I loved Dr. Kildaire!!!!..who'd ever though he'd be so "changed" as I remember, not that there's anything wrong with that, you know..

How 'bout the Patty Duke Show?..and I know you're younger than me, you didn't mention boxing on Fridays, or The Lawrence Welk Show with the Lennon Sisters!..I went to see them perform several years ago at Branson, sure glad I did..now, the next generation has taken over..some of the original sisters aren't even in that foursome!..I loved their 4 part harmony!

I recently picked up the tv series dvd of Kwai Chang in Kung Fu..nothing like the Grasshopper and those zen sayings!!
__________________
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #32
Rivet Master
 
LuminumTraila's Avatar
 
2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 987
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Ok, now you've started it, Doug and Jamie,

Yes, Iremember Efrem, and the rest!..I loved Dr. Kildaire!!!!..who'd ever though he'd be so "changed" as I remember, not that there's anything wrong with that, you know..

How 'bout the Patty Duke Show?..and I know you're younger than me, you didn't mention boxing on Fridays, or The Lawrence Welk Show with the Lennon Sisters!
Oh yes, I remember The Lawrence Welk Show. But that wasn't one of the folks favorites, so it wasn't on much in our house. I loved Patty Duke and later, Kung Fu. "When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, Grasshoppa, it is time for you to go..."

-Jamie
__________________
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #33
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Oh yes, I remember The Lawrence Welk Show. But that wasn't one of the folks favorites, so it wasn't on much in our house. I loved Patty Duke and later, Kung Fu. "When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, Grasshoppa, it is time for you to go..."

-Jamie
Excellant Jaimie!..did you see the tangent thread I started? how 'bout adding any musical groups you got to see perform? or fav groups/singers/songs?
__________________
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:15 AM   #34
Rivet Master
 
LuminumTraila's Avatar
 
2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 987
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
how 'bout adding any musical groups you got to see perform? or fav groups/singers/songs?
You mentioned 5th Dimension. I saw their "Up Up and Away" concert, can't remember the year though. My uncle had tickets and couldn't use them and so he gave them to me and my sister. I didn't grow up in a large city, and we didn't go into the city much back then. We did go to the Ohio State Fair a few times, and I saw Herman's Hermits there. Talk about a blast from the past.
__________________
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:07 AM   #35
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
By the time we got to Woodstock

Wouldn't it be great to have a theme forum rally? We can plan it online at the forum, all ideas and comments welcome... then have several locations planned simultaneously where there is interest.

I say we jump ahead from the barage of back to the 50s and move up to the 60s. Make it like a fair with our volunteers having vendor stands, food (3 course Campbells tv dinner anyone, fizzies, flavor straws) music playing (decent speakers and volume) and music swap meet, show us your collector's albums, trade and sell records, cds 8tracks?(anyone saavy enough and equipment enriched to crank out some mp3s on location or perhaps "arrange" an order?) Vintage clothing or look alike only! Prizes for the best presentation of nostalgia, collections, curiosities, year books, boards with pictures,art, etc. And have to have entertainment, put on a show with lip syncing instead of the usual movie and pot luck! Karioke, real dancing, and how about decorating a tent. And how about a keg and some cheap wine for sale Don't forget lighting...I have one of those projectors that throws the slide liquid blobs on the wall..psychedelic???
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 AM   #36
Moderator
 
jcanavera's Avatar

 
2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,002
Images: 143
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Speaking of Woodstock, yesterday was the anniversary of either the start or end of the original event. Something like 37 years ago. I bought the DVD a few years back and sat our son down in front of it. I don't think he was impressed.

Jack
__________________
Jack Canavera
STL Mo.
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #37
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me

sing it Aretha... kids today aint got no soul!

sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #38
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
[quote=wheel interested]Wouldn't it be great to have a theme forum rally? We can plan it online at the forum, all ideas and comments welcome... then have several locations planned simultaneously where there is interest.

Hi Carol,

I know nothing about rallies, but I was thinking along the lines of having a big gathering of airstreamers who'd get together and share the music too!..that would be great to get meet forum members and share rockin' good times!!..where would you hold the gatherings?..I'm here in Sacramento..if we could do it near the Coast, that would be super, then all the Surfer Dudes could start waxing their surf boards, get the skim boards out!!
__________________
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #39
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
You mentioned 5th Dimension. I saw their "Up Up and Away" concert, can't remember the year though. My uncle had tickets and couldn't use them and so he gave them to me and my sister. I didn't grow up in a large city, and we didn't go into the city much back then. We did go to the Ohio State Fair a few times, and I saw Herman's Hermits there. Talk about a blast from the past.
We saw the 5th Dimension in the early 70's, can't even remember the year..but I was still dating (long, long time ago!!!)

I Love Herman's Hermits, especially their song: Kind of Hush and I'm into Something Good.
__________________
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #40
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
I know nothing about rallies, but I was thinking along the lines of having a big gathering of airstreamers who'd get together and share the music too!..that would be great to get meet forum members and share rockin' good times!!..where would you hold the gatherings?..I'm here in Sacramento..if we could do it near the Coast, that would be super, then all the Surfer Dudes could start waxing their surf boards, get the skim boards out!!
Why not start a new thread to see who might be interested in a get together near Sacramento? Easterners could either use their handy coast (location E) or coast on out to yours. Ya know you have to quote the Beach Boys somewhere in that thread, lots to choose from! Or should it be the mamas and the papas for California Dreaming? That's all it takes for a rally. Throw it out there and see who runs to catch it. You might even have a super hero competition, just who looks best in tights and no showing identities from the waist up, wonder if the crowd could guess who's who, might even get a few spouses to misguess! LOL
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #41
We can tow it!
 
tin sista's Avatar
 
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Images: 82
Smile When the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Wouldn't it be great to have a theme forum rally? We can plan it online at the forum, all ideas and comments welcome... then have several locations planned simultaneously where there is interest. I say we jump ahead from the barage of back to the 50s and move up to the 60s.
Sounds like a great idea, hmm I wonder what part of the country will feature Motown!! 4 Tops, Temps, Spinners, Supremes...
__________________
Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #42
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Sounds like a great idea, hmm I wonder what part of the country will feature Motown!! 4 Tops, Temps, Spinners, Supremes...
Well, you know it's gotta be Mo-town or Detroit for that, Tin Sista!!
__________________

__________________
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pets in the motorhome eraffety The Pet Forum 32 03-26-2007 09:04 AM
OK, so there's this bird, see... bake315 On The Road... 13 07-07-2006 12:38 PM
Sky Pilots codybear Off Topic Forum 36 03-22-2006 11:11 PM
sky high prices overlander Our Community 17 10-09-2002 04:52 PM
http://www.wbccimn.net jcooper Link Archive 0 04-06-2002 01:56 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.