Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
2005 22' International CCD
Huntington , Vermont
Gnarly Head

Purchased the Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin prior to our last Airstream outing. Very nice aroma, complex taste ... luscious berry flavor with hints of chocolate and oak, dry and very drinkable.

Bob, Dianne, and Tess the WFT
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Holy smokes! I was just about to post about a recent great value Lodi appellation we had the other night, and what do you know--it's in DG's first post! Michael David's "Seven Deadly Zins" in truly delarmos, and we'll be making a point of keeping some aboard at all times.
We drove through the area a few weeks ago and couldn't believe all the miles and miles of gorgeous vines. Definitely looks like a good place to get stuck in these days...

janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Originally Posted by doorgunner
Or better yet stop by my trailer at any rally- I'll pour you a glass!
Sounds like my first stop at the LSA rally when I get there on Saturday. What time is too early?
TinShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Wine expert

The fella ahead of me in the local Wal-Mart check out line was obviously a Californian...."not from around here are you" type. Red faced, pot bellied, short pants, Jesus shoes, & wearing a flowered tee shirt that claimed some sort of affinity to Mailbu. His arms were full of several wine bottles and assorted snacks (probably Cheetos.) In a good natured manner I offered up that he should give the local Texas wines a try, in that he was near several great sources. I was immediatly rebuffed by him and informed that Texas wines were piss and he could not stand them. All that from a guy who buys his wine at Wal-Mart and has salty snacks as a side.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
Do the folks from Lodi still come into town to get their feet bleached?
"Not all who are laundering are washed" say Bill & Heidi

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #20
1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
any more questions??

Ok it appears that some of you would like some answers, so here goes, a post by post reply!
Canoe- Bob the cherry trees are harvested by hand! The nut trees use the umbrella thing! At least thats how it's done here in the land of fruits and nuts!
Fyr- Dave, Dave, Dave, even grenades are useless at a city council meeting.
Russell- glad you like the wine.
Sequoi- Tanya, the gnarley is fine, lots of other good everyday wines for around 10 bucks.((( Hot tip- Raley's has on sale now a lot of the Ca. State fair award winning wines-Cabernet double gold-Five Rivers 2005 $9.99, Gold-Trinity Oaks $5.99. Zin -Double Gold - Campus Oaks Old Vine 2004 $19.99))). These wines at these prices are worth making a special trip, buy 6 bottles get another 10% off.
Mrs red- that apple is from new york state.
BD- even have it it New England- that's grand!
janetb-I noticed at Casini you had a white in your glass. You REALLY need to snag a bottle of Michael-Davids - 7 Heavenly Chard. after all they're my sponsor.Only minutes from their place!
slo-I'm waiting, a splash of zin with scrambled eggs is way better than that "ball" thing others get wound up about!
Melody- what a shame- I'll try any wine anytime.I hope your view of Californians will not be tarnished by one individual. as for wal mart I do not set foot in that place.
Excella- geez you folks from So. Cal! Hey it's nice to have someone else with a little fun in their posts.When you coming to a Nor Cal rally any who.
So there you have it. All this with my morning coffee!
And yes Michael- David will be sponsoring my Excella-The Lodi Appellation Express- at the LSA rally in Oct! DG

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #21
1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Growin Grapes

At the last Forum Rally I attended someone asked if I could do some sort of pictorial about growin grapes. Forgot about it until now!

So I'll try to post a pic at the beginning of each month, if I forget someone send me a PM. I'll take the pic from the same place so as to keep things look a like. As you can see here the vine have been trimmed in Jan. The turf is covered with grass,weeds etc. This will be plowed under soon.

3 March 2009
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 March 09 002.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	431.6 KB
ID:	76385  

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #22

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
It will be interesting to see the season progress. Good idea, DG.

pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote