Old 01-17-2015, 03:21 AM   #29
Rivet Master
1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Yes, we saw (several times) the film "Walk the Line", very good actors and history... ! Great resume for the Johnny Cash's life !
I didn't know about this system of campgrounds, it seems a good alternative and when I'm watching the campgrounds's pictures, for example this one :
A dream... mountain scenes... sunsets... a simple life for us... and that's all.
Many many dreams in my mind and many wishes... !
Thank you again for all and for sharing, you very help me in order to think about many things, many possibilities...[/QUOTE]

Everything always starts with a dream or thought, then it becomes reality, funny you should mention Johnny Cash, his wife and country music legend June Carter Cash is from this area, the homestead still exists today and much of it is occupied by family members. The Carters played a major roll in county music from a time before when it was mountain music through and including today. The homestead is known as Carter Family Fold, the store is still there and operational and has been in the same place for nearly 100 years, and is the place where all the picking goes on. A stage was added to the store for locals to perform on as well as aspiring singers, June and Johnny sang and visited this on a regular basis and was the only place they could go and not be swamped by fans and media, everybody just treated them as normal people when they came in including many visitors who was told that if they showed to be respectful. In all my years of living here though I have never heard of one time that June and Johnny did not talk with the "new comers" or "visitors". Although I never got the chance to actually meet them, I do know some of the family personally and even with all their fame they stayed down to earth and good people, not snobbish, or better than you attitude, just regular everyday people.
I better stop rambling now,
Johnny and June had a house there as well

Sarge USAF
WBCCI- none
Good Sam Life Mem
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:44 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Slidell , Louisiana
Send a message via ICQ to geekgrrrl Send a message via AIM to geekgrrrl Send a message via Skype™ to geekgrrrl
Also a lot of zillow listings are typos, where the $30,000 is really $3,000 rent per month instead of a purchase price. ... or a manufactured home/mobilehome. I found many were rentals instead of purchases when I was looking previously.

just my .02 cents

geekgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote