Old 03-27-2018, 11:39 AM   #421
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Obviously you are ignoring the tried and true fact that an active ASer can only travel 200 miles before setting up for happy hour. That means to get anywhere, you have to travel every day. And therefore with all the twists and turns of transiting the highways and byways throughout our beautiful country, that NS/EW/or similar orientation is no longer considered. Besides, if you are going to replace tires every two years, who cares about the sun? Well, there is the long solar presence if you travel way North. Is this where we work Canada into the discussion? Bet that is why some folks run white walls. I should have known that. Rookie mistake, I guess. Hope I can get a smile some time today. Pat

PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:12 PM   #422

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Again the question is what did the previous user of the tires do? This is why I am so choose as to who I rotate my tires with.

P.S. I like to rotate my tires with Canadians, they are nice and not much sun. I never rotate with someone who has Chinese tires.

Mattirs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:39 PM   #423
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
deleted - mod said not to say stuff like that.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #424
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Nice one Meeks !

Wait! I am not condoning such blatantly provocative speech or action but merely blurted out my childish glee at a fellow rabble rowser at work...

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #425
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
I've been rotating The entire trailer! (Twice a day if we are in a dry climate) This is such a good thread. Who would have thought to cover the tires? I'm assuming I will need to monitor the temperature underneath the covers though. What's the max temp I should allow?
I've checked, and all the under cover, but outside the tire temperature monitors are foreign made. I just can't trust them. Looks like I'm back to rotating the trailer.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #426
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Can anyone recommend the best trailer lazy Susan? It would make it a lot easier to do the turning twice a day. Thanks!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #427
Rivet Master

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
Actually, according to what I read on the internet, a trailer lazy Susan may soon be passé. The new soon to be built Airstream only park in Manhattan is supposed to be modeled after the rotating, shape changing tower in Dubai:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0040.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	307383

This will ensure that each guest's tires receive balanced sun exposure over the course of his or her stay, and incidentally, ever changing views of New York's skyline. Since towing through Manhattan can be hazardous, optional helicopter lifts are planned from surrounding areas.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #428
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
I've been rotating The entire trailer! (Twice a day if we are in a dry climate) This is such a good thread. Who would have thought to cover the tires? I'm assuming I will need to monitor the temperature underneath the covers though. What's the max temp I should allow?
I've checked, and all the under cover, but outside the tire temperature monitors are foreign made. I just can't trust them. Looks like I'm back to rotating the trailer.
So, do you put the Airstream inside a rotisserie, or do you put a rotisserie inside the Airstream? So confusing!

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #429

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Can anyone recommend the best trailer lazy Susan? It would make it a lot easier to do the turning twice a day. Thanks!
My have an ex-girlfriend named Susan I can recommend that I know you will not get any work out of. Don't she will of much help.
Mattirs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:09 PM   #430
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB International
Carlsbad , California
I have seen one of these in action. Best at 33.3 rpm. It creates a light breeze so you can tan on the front or back, your choice. Then rotate counter clockwise and see if the walrus was Paul.Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw-turntable.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	307420
DoublTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:26 PM   #431
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Does this set up easy and can I carry it in my Prius TV? On the roof rack of course with my bbq and fire pit?
Old 03-29-2018, 02:18 AM   #432
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
What step are you guys on now? It looks like y’all have gotten totally derailed although I did like the Walrus comment best.

I love this thread. (My puter or server will not allow emojis).

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:30 AM   #433
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post

...snip...
(My puter or server will not allow emojis).

Emojis are the automatic transmission of online expression. Here are a few things you can do with the "stick shift" version - note - I'm doing this with spaces because doing it without might be read as an emoji and post that way...

: - ) standard smile
; - ) wink

And you can modify with things like an 8 for eyes meaning glasses or % meaning drunk - or noses like ^ or > - or add a mustache with a { - or make a surprised look with a mouth like this: O

I learned that in a foreign country. My advice is as sound as a three dollar bill. I insult myself.

I have no clue what step I'm on. Help me!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:12 AM   #434
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
This is an enlightened group. I remember the first time I added an emoji to a text message. The recipient immediately replied that I had lost my "man card" for using the dreaded emoji. Of course he and I no longer associate. I would expect nothing less than this level of sophistication from the AS community.
I have lost track of what step this thread is on, and I'm afraid I've contributed to the thread drift. My most sincere apologies.