Old 01-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #365
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Suspect all the MODs are worn out with the false starts, out of sequence comments, spurious emotocons, lack of true adversarial perspective and ongoing significant admission of degradation with over the hill aging. Pat

OVER THE HILL????? What the? You, sir, or madam, depending on how you identify, have GONE TOO FAR!!!

-Red, trying to be gender neutral...

Old 01-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #366
Rivet Master

2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Colorado Lady's question and the answers nearly managed to actually kill the thread, but it appears you have, at least for the moment, pulled the thread back from the brink, as pointless and non-Airstream-related as it may be.
The Canadian guy's post came close too.

Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #367
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Colorado Lady's question and the answers nearly managed to actually kill the thread, but it appears you have, at least for the moment, pulled the thread back from the brink, as pointless and non-Airstream-related as it may be.

Pointless? POINTLESS??? This, my friend, is how every thread should be! Maybe you need to take a step back and examine yourself! And, if you can’t see how this relates to AirStreams, well then, I do feel sorry for you!

-Red, outraged by the whole ordeal...
Old 01-07-2018, 08:03 PM   #368
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
OVER THE HILL -- snip -- sir -- snip -- have GONE TOO FAR!!! -- snip --
And so goes the battle to close a thread. Anything else would be unrelated to the task at hand. Reference The International MODs guide, page 666, paragraph 3, sentence 1. Scanner is down, phone battery is dead, so you will just have to trust me. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #369
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
And so goes the battle to close a thread. Anything else would be unrelated to the task at hand. Reference The International MODs guide, page 666, paragraph 3, sentence 1. Scanner is down, phone battery is dead, so you will just have to trust me. Pat
Your logic is impeccable.

Matti
Resistance is futile - let this thread die
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:30 PM   #370
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post

Oh - and it's 'Murica
I'm only half an 'Murican.

Matti Smith
Resistance is futile - you will spell correctly

Step#4 because I could not get the hyperlink to work
Old 01-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #371
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Y’all just refuse to put the step number in your post, don’t you?

-Red, no idea where we’re at...
Old 01-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #372
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
#1: welcoming response. Warning of opinions to come. Encouraging salutation. -- Covered

#2: welcoming response. Sharing of strongly held opinion. Encouraging salutation. Happy emoticon. -- Covered

#3: sharing of strongly held opinion. -- Covered several times

#4: sharing of strongly held opinion. -- As above - covered

#5: sharing of strongly held opinion. Challenge of #3's opinion. Insertion of "brows" emoticon. -- Yes, got it in there

#6: sharing of strongly held opinion. Encourage trip to Canada. -- That one was way back

#7: offer empirical evidence against Canadian solution. -- Maybe, need help on this one?

#8: warn of legal liability for going against strongly held onion. Relate anecdote from authoritative friend/relative. -- Got it

#9: request official citation for claim in #8. -- Always, that was covered

#10: hurl insult at #9. -- you did not miss that one, did you?

#11: blame China. -- yep, see the it's all China's fault post

#12: insert hyperlink to authoritative PDF. Include parable supporting position. -- hyperlinks do not work under current software revision, but quotes do.

#13: recommend getting back to OP. Note OP no longer seems to be involved in discussion. Warn of mod action. -- OP continues to post - maybe that is why the thread will not close.

#14: inject comment completely unrelated to discussion at hand. -- got that one and OP noted it.

#15: recommend each person decide for themselves. Wish happy camping. -- recommend all poster decide for themselves as any other approach would be a challenge to our freedom. Travel safe, happy camping and smile!

#16: hurl insult at authors of replies 4-14. -- Insult covered. It's over the hill and acknowledged as such with return insult.

#17: switch mod_hat=on: close thread --- and drum roll ...... Mod where are you ..... Oh, #7 ... help please!

Edit - looks like we need to deal appropriately with #13 too. Red - go for it. Do it now. Please!
Old 01-08-2018, 04:22 AM   #373
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
I do not have an opinion on anything. Anyone that does is just wrong!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #374
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Hi Everyone! New to the Forum and excited to learn from you all.

I have camped and RV'd for over thirty years, in fact have owned 23 SOBs of all kinds, and am finally ready to join the Airstream community. But I am struggling to decide whether to purchase a used BaseCamp, a 2018 Classic (I hear the electric awning is to die for!), or a 2017 Class A Motorhome/non-Airstream (have my eye on a great deal, new on the dealer's lot!). Hoping to hear advantages/disadvantages of each. Wanting to buy today or tomorrow.

I tried to post photos of my 1997 Toyota Sienna Minivan (tow vehicle or Toad, depending) but can't seem to figure out how to do so.

Also wondering thoughts on best camp chairs.

Still working so probably only using 1 or 2 weekends a year for now but in the next 20 years hope to be using 5-6 months a year!

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread. I didn't read any Forum rules when I signed up and honestly haven't read any of the posts in this thread.

But you all seem so friendly so I figured I would just "go for it". What the heck, right? If the mods want to move this to the Towing thread or somewhere please feel free.

Thanks!
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #375
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Welcome to the forum. Sure you will get different opinions, but what ever you decide it's sure to be a wonderful ride. Pat
Old 01-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #376
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Step#2

Welcome, I can't believe you have owned 23 prior SOB's before without having tried an AS before. I think your truck will be more than sufficient to pull the 30ft but too much for the Basecamp we cannot have it flying like a kite behind you. Welcome :How do I do a emoti emoti?:

Matti
Old 01-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #377
Rivet Master

Rocinate! Hi! How the HECK ARE YOU GUYS? I have missed being scolded. After all, when one reaches my advanced age.....well, damn it...I just don' t get much of that anymore! I assumed when we met and visited in Oregon, that you guys must have become aware of my brand of good natured "ribbing"! Oh well....guess not.

After being scolded by you guys, I took somewhat of a sebatical.....in a effort to avoid.....the ultimate excommunication! Just in case no one .....or .....everyone got me.....

DAMN IT, I WAS KIDDING AROUND!!! Sorry my comic relief did not come through clearly, as I don't use emogies to fully express my true emotional status. I tried, and only got ??????????!???????????, by that, I mean, question marks.

Will it be better if I fully describe myself, using such terms as "this is meant to be sarcastic" or " I am trying to be funny....please laugh or giggle".

Don't judge me too harshly....after all, I did not say, "I TRULY HATE HRC" or did not ask anyone to pray for my ultimate salvation....did I say PRAY?

Maybe I should move to the southern border.....to watch the wonderful, big, WALL be built.

OMG........WILL EVERYONE PLEASE LAUGH, GIGGLE, or at least SNICKER A BIT?????

Perhaps I have gone too far....the thread will be closing soon, so get your comments in quickly....just before I am excommunicated!!!!!

At this point....feel free to frown deeply, cry a lot, or laugh hysterically ....oh, whatever emotion you may feel.....even indignation is appropriate.
Thank you for your attention. I HUMBLY BOW AT THIS TIME.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #378
Rivet Master

I must say, after my post, when I read some of the responses, I MUST ADMIT.....I LAUGHED TILL I SHED TEARS!!!! Thank you all very much! I needed a good laugh. Please insert the appropriate emoticon here!

I will say....I am not gender neural or "X". I am not a millennial. I am a very young at heart, highly intellectual, nonconformist, aging somewhat gracefully, elderly lady....not at all, apologetic of myself. In my youth, I may have been a bit of a "goody two shoes rebel!" I have never been bullied, nor do I tolerate bullies. Bullies are just folks who don't know how to treat others...or maybe they just don't respect themselves, therefore, are unable to appreciate the diversity of those who are unlike them.

I am someone who likes to meet and interact with others....listen to others points of view, perhaps debate a bit...as long as everyone agrees with me...(please smile here)! We are all different, and I pride myself in being an open minded opinionated aging gracefully, lady....one who fears no one....(please raise eyebrows here). I LIKE TO SMILE, LAUGH, GIGGLE. My humor may be somewhat self deprecating, and I NEVER LAUGH AT THE MISFORTUNES OF OTHERS....and I find it distasteful when others do that. I don't judge others, ever. Judge if you must....it won't hurt me.

ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote