Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #481
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Please provide documented proof of that assertion. No one has ever reported on a yellow sticker violation. It's a commercial requirement. The end user has no liability or regulatory exposure, even when they stay on the ball with their chewing and ignore the pride of their pro. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #482
Rivet Master

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
Not to digress, but an interesting study just came out that categorically proves that unless your toothpaste has fluoride, you might as well be brushing with Crisco. All this organic stuff from Maine or Massachusetts or wherever isn’t good for your teeth, polishing silver, spackling holes in drywall, or even squeezing onto crackers as an extra hors d’oeuvre for people you don’t like during Super Bowl games. You might as well use whatever is left to brush the dog’s teeth, because they’re going to hate it anyway, no matter what you do. A word to the wise should be sufficient.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #483
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
There is likely to be legal action for the absence of on focus posts and the associated presence of unrelated diversion from serious and important thread protocol. The latest attack on order is unjust, offered with prejudice against the product and unsubstantiated. Now return to thread protocol with vigor or face the wrath of public internet thread flogging and interested bully bagging. Pat
Old 11-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #484
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2021 Atlas
Charlotte , North Carolina
Hi, new to the Forum, camping and everything else but I thought this would be a good group to ask this question. We are preparing to take delivery of a 2019 Classic 30 twin. Our first camper (DW has never been camping before in her life). For our first trip, we were going to go to Alaska from NC and sleep in mostly WalMart parking lots and run generators to keep the batteries charged. We are getting our things together now and thinking about where to store them in our new rig. My question is - where do you gius store your leafblower?
LilPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #485

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPeanut View Post
Hi, new to the Forum, camping and everything else but I thought this would be a good group to ask this question. We are preparing to take delivery of a 2019 Classic 30 twin. Our first camper (DW has never been camping before in her life). For our first trip, we were going to go to Alaska from NC and sleep in mostly WalMart parking lots and run generators to keep the batteries charged. We are getting our things together now and thinking about where to store them in our new rig. My question is - where do you gius store your leafblower?
Is this a Chinese made leafblower?
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #486
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
Wow that’s quite a first trip. My brother and his wife have taken long trips. One to Alaska. They recommend a slow approach or exhaustion sets in. They typically stay over night at least two nights at points along the trip. Also why not stay over night in state parks? They are usually pretty inexpensive. And you will at least have a place to dump.

And why do you need a leaf blower?
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #487
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
Wow that’s quite a first trip. My brother and his wife have taken long trips. One to Alaska. They recommend a slow approach or exhaustion sets in. They typically stay over night at least two nights at points along the trip. Also why not stay over night in state parks? They are usually pretty inexpensive. And you will at least have a place to dump.

Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:13 PM   #488
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post

Never stayed at one but hear Walmart lots can use a good leaf blow before you set up camp.
concider having a bumper mount to help offset weight distribution effects.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #489

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinCal View Post
Never stayed at one but hear Walmart lots can use a good leaf blow before you set up camp.
concider having a bumper mount to help offset weight distribution effects.
What is the average aerodynamic drag of the leaf blower? Is it a Europian or Chinese?
Old 11-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #490
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Spent the day blowing the leaves off the deck and sidewalks, drying off the deck and storing the blower in the garage. You should always store the blower in the garage. Now just who do we have to insult to close this thread????

This really is fun. Pat

And for the record, no drag, all boost. That is why is uses 1.54 gigawatts when running on lithium cells.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #491
Rivet Master

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
Life and death of a thread

I usually carry mine on a tripod I mounted on the roof toward the back of the Airstream. I am frequently mistaken for the Starship Enterprise. I mounted a power outlet underneath, which is remotely controlled by a switch I installed on the dash of my TV. When I turn it on, the rear facing blower gives me a significant boost in propulsion.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #492

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDave View Post
I usually carry mine on a tripod I mounted on the roof toward the back of the Airstream. I am frequently mistaken for the Starship Enterprise. I mounted a power outlet underneath, which is remotely controlled by a switch I installed on the dash of my TV. When I turn it on, the rear facing blower gives me a significant boost in propulsion.
Hmmm, I need to look into that with Canadian lithium batteries.
(Using you as step #7 anecdotal evidence)Click image for larger version

Name:	larson_class_by_metlesitsfleetyards-d4xzge3.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	328405
Old 11-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #493
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
You will not be able to bring lithium across the border. It is a clear indication of an attempt to bypass the aluminum tariffs by hiding your AS import with hi-tech attributes. The first few got through, but the word got around. Now, a domestic Lithium power source would likely be overlooked and may be eligible for a farm subsidy if you use the right form. Then again, if you pack one of those self contained projectile launch devices in an out of the way cubbie, then that should draw all the attention. After a brief conversation and a bank draft you should be able to move along with no notice of your imported Lithium power source or aluminum. Pat
Old 11-24-2018, 04:18 AM   #494
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Great question! I have the same TT, and tow with a 2014 Honda Civic. I did have to compromise on the leaf blower due to storage issues. I’ve made 47 trips to Alaska from south Florida in the last few years. I had to switch from a self propelled walk behind leaf blower to a backpack model. I then converted it to run on propane. I just couldn’t be more pleased with how it’s all come together.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 04:27 AM   #495

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
You will not be able to bring lithium across the border. ..... After a brief conversation and a bank draft you should be able to move along with no notice of your imported Lithium power source or aluminum. Pat
Opps meant dilithium.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:57 PM   #496
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Of course it’s closed because we were winning.

Lol It’s the way of the future right?

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 PM   #497
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Morgan View Post
Of course it’s closed because we were winning.

Lol It’s the way of the future right?

I was just about to offer another secular sermon. Forum’s loss. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #498
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Dang, that ends that one. What were we even talking about?
Life can be fragile so proceed with caution, as usual.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #499
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I was just about to offer another secular sermon. Forum’s loss. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lol Me too.... Alas the thread was closed.

Frankly, I was really surprised about how big we were winning on this forum.

Even the dissenters to our point of view were mostly opposed to notion that taxation will fix “the problem”.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #500
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Life and death of a thread

Don’t hate a player Bob.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2091.jpg
Views:	48