Old 12-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #253
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I feel at this point it is safe to move right to step #5...

Anyone who thinks it's "perfectly groovy" to tow your balls at 80 must be from Canada, where they apparently don't know toes, tows, balls, toe balls, or tow balls!

Good day sir!

-Red, I said, "Good day sir!!!"

Old 12-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #254
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
I feel at this point it is safe to move right to step #5...

Anyone who thinks it's "perfectly groovy" to tow your balls at 80 must be from Canada, where they apparently don't know toes, tows, balls, toe balls, or tow balls!

Good day sir!

-Red, I said, "Good day sir!!!"

While you get extra credit for and the ingenious use of the repeated Good Day - applicable in either Scrooge or Willy Wonka settings - you unfortunately have treated step #4 as though it is RIGHT OUT!

How, good sir, do you expect the Mod Squad here to ever close down this inane thread if the full series of steps are not followed in order?

It is at this point that I should refer to your opening statement about "feeling" it is safe to move on to step #5 and chide you for following your feelings and not the engineering rules set forth by the manufacturer/OP (with whom I have personal experience and knowledge - and dang it now you're causing me to skip steps!).

I suppose we could try picking up at step #6 and see if we can effectively get to #17. But if not, you will have to accept responsibility for a breach of protocol that results in this thread never actually dying.

Carry on - keep calm or not as you see fit.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:45 PM   #255
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
It is my personally held belief that skipping step four IN NO WAY endangered me, you, our families, or anyone else on the forums, or America in general!!! Step 4 is more of a guideline IMHO! I’ve taken many threads to a forum in Canada, where they get shut down with NO STEP 4 WHATSOEVER! Perhaps you should take an e-trip there yourself!

-Red! Abusing the exclamation point!!!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #256
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Ok - well, clearly you chose not to remain calm at all, you exclamation point abuser.

I've conducted several studies from fora based right here in the US of A and in 98.7% of threads ended by Mods, step 4 and/or variations on its theme are present - data from which I can only conclude as confirming the hypothesis of the OP's supposition. Similar data gathering and analysis on Canadian methods and practices in like fora remain inconclusive.

(May I say we seem to be making swell progress...)
Old 12-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #257
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Life and death of a thread

Let me also pause here and say that whether you, Red, or anyone else pick up at step 8, I'm only realizing tonight the typo I included there and would hope it is properly incorporated ...
Old 12-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #258
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Let me also pause here and say that whether you, Red, or anyone else pick up at step 8, I'm only realizing tonight the typo I included there and would hope it is properly incorporated ...

I have to side step the thread for a second, and say that I only noticed the typo because you mentioned it. Oh, the fun to be had!

-Red, with a firm grasp on his onions...
Old 12-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #259
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
One should always hold on firmly to a strong smelling onion while peeling away the layers so as to nut incur any liabilities that would make one cry while they eight it.

Hittenstiehl , not very good at this but loving this silly thread.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #260
2 Rivet Member

Tomball , Texas
me too!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:28 AM   #261
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
One should always hold on firmly to a strong smelling onion while peeling away the layers so as to nut incur any liabilities that would make one cry while they eight it.

No no, you're doing very well with it! You held firmly to your strong onion, and get bonus points for throwing in your own "typo's". The "nut" reference ties in nicely with the topic of toeing balls. You did, however, seem to omit the "Relate anecdote from authoritative friend/relative" portion of step seven. Butt more importantly, at no point in your post did you cite any type of credible data to back up your OPINION on onion holding, or ball toeing, or tow balling in general. Are you just making this stuff up? Why should I hold tightly to my onion, or ball, or toe, just because you've never had any issues while doing so??? Where, exactly, might I find the data to back up your clams, sir, or madam, as the case may be?

-Red, not assuming anyone's gender...
Old 12-07-2017, 07:01 AM   #262
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Besides that I 've been doing it for 30k miles in the mountians of the west and nothing has happened to me yet so it is perfectly safe.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #263
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Richfield/SLC , Utah
Life and death of a thread

Hmmm... odd thread. In the spirit of the thread and step #14, whassup with a certain poster with a colorful name and a knack for stirring it up after a long absence. There are more important issues at hand - did you see Rep. Stewart’s proposal this week to create a new NP in Utah? Okay, now the stage is set, let the insults begin about Utah, liquor laws, national monuments, politicians, concealed carry, et. al. per step # 16.

-Ron, nothing useful to post otherwise (but I’ll get this thread closed yet)
Old 12-07-2017, 08:24 AM   #264
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
He is a legend!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #265
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
“Men with onions have always been the enemy of civilized culture” #JustSayin

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #266
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post

Oh - don't sell yourself short! This is brilliant on several levels - all of which Red has beaten me to the punch in commenting on...

Well played!!