Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #43
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Best of 3

Another great game and another win by the Pens to tie the Best of 7 series at 2-2.Great game by the Staal line and Crosby gets his first goal of the final.
We now have a series.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 AM   #44
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
OH YEAH!!!!!

Best of three series. Pens hitting hard, and claiming heads as trophies!

Steve

Old 06-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #45
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
I've been listening to the series on XM radio. Sounds entertaining to say the least,

but for anyone to liken the Detroit Red Wings to the new yank yorkies is beyond me.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
GO WINGS!! The penguins wouldn't be in the series if they weren't skilled. I still expect my beloved Wings to take the series in six.

No personality? Some say it as if not having a very vocal player is a bad thing... I think they play as a team without a prima-donna. Very humble.

Let us enjoy our hockey in Detroit. Fairly soon it will be football season and then it is painful to live in SE Michigan .
Old 06-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #47
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
GO WINGS! We are at home tonight!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
calgary , alberta
The good old boys just need a little rest and home cooken and the joe louis barn!! Both these teams got here because they earned the rite!! Wings are wiser and will be tougher, they will have a few key boys back!! Where's Chilios ?? GO WINGS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Ps: In calgary this morning 5 inches snow and still cool, but then we don't take our wooleys off till next week!! Jonathan
Old 06-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
My favorite team? Growing up in NYC, it was the Rangers. Living in Buffalo in the '70's, it was the Sabres. A great skating team that was robbed of the Cup by the Broad Street Bullies long ago. Then earlier in this decade the Sabres were robbed by an illegal goal by Dallas. I guess the NHL wanted Dallas to win the Cup that year. When the NHL came to Denver, we got tickets and went to a lot of games, but the prices got so high, we didn't renew by the end of the '90's. So we haven't followed hockey since and now the Denver team with the dumb name is awful. So I split my affection between the Sabres and Denver.

Do I hate the Red Wings? I don't think I want to waste so much energy on them, but it's close to extreme distaste. I do hate the Yankees.

I see the series is tied 2-2 and I hope Pittsburgh wins. We used to go to a lot of baseball, basketball and hockey games when we lived near Denver. The combination of terrible ownership (Colorado Rockies), high ticket prices and obnoxious players as well as living 250 miles from Denver have turned us off to professional sports.

Gene
Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #50
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Oh yea baby! 5-0 WINGS!!! First shut out of the series! That makes Wings: 3 games Those Birds: 2
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
GO WINGS!!!! It was fun to watch tonight especially when they pulled Flurry. Off to be a happy Red Wings fan!
Old 06-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I watched the game at the B-Line sports bar,,, Its RED WING HQ in our area for you that dont know..Wings did their thing in a big way tonight!! Was a good old country boy azz kickin as we call it here in Hockey Town.. Excuse me as I go shake my Penguin...
Old 06-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pageclot View Post
It's not hate I feel. That's too strong a word. It's just that they have been so consistently good, for so long, that anyone playing them seems like an underdog, and people like rooting for an underdog. It's amazing that they've been able to sustain these great teams in the post-lockout, salary cap era, when they get low draft picks year after year.

It's the anonymity that gets me. I watch a lot of hockey, and I could probably recognize 20 or 30 players if they were walking down the street, but I have no idea what Zetterburg looks like, or who they are. Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Osgood. Not a clue. After joining the Wings, it's like their personalities and identities were removed and stored away for later, when they retire.

Probably, you being from Michigan, you have some idea of who they are.
Oh yeah..Everyone hates a winner!!! I know if I saw them walking down the street I sure as hell would know who they were.. HOCKEY TOWN IS #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakman View Post
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Then we have to listen to the commentators slober all over themselves about just how great the Red Wings are as they hook and obstruct their way to the championship.

I'll lose hope if the Pens lose tonight, but I was really hoping that they would be able to teach Hossa and anyone else looking to sell out a lesson.

My favorite team: anyone playing the Red Wings.
And may a hockey puck fly up your nose...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #55
The handy accountant

1976 27' Overlander
Scarborough , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Oh yeah..Everyone hates a winner!!! I know if I saw them walking down the street I sure as hell would know who they were.. HOCKEY TOWN IS #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure must be nice to live near a winning hockey team! They sure crushed the Pens last night. For the good of the series, I hope the Penguins play better in game 6.
"I nostri cuori e le menti appartengono al flusso d'aria"
pageclot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #56
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Osgood with an assist!!!

I love it when a goalie go's ""offensive"".

or is that "OOOOOOfence"

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote