Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Legless...

From the State where drink driving is considered a sport, comes a true story from the Sunshine Coast...Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a local bar. Late in the evening the Officer noticed a Man leaving the bar so intoxicated that He could barely walk.....
The Man stumbled around the car park for a few minutes, with the Officer quietly observing...After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five or six vehicles, the Man managed to find his car which he fell into. He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off....Finally starting the car, switched on & off the wipers, indicators, blew the horn a few times...& got great pleasure in flashing his lights on & off. He moved his car forward a few feet, then back again, sat for a while, & got out & kicked his tires...twice.
At last He pulled the vehicle out of the car park, after a few more vehicles had left, He slowly drove down the road. The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrop car, put on the flashing lights, & promptly pulled the Man over & carried out a breathalyser test...To his amazement the test indicated NO evidence of the Man having consumed alcohol at all.
Dumbfounded, the officer said " I'll have to ask You to accompany me to the police station, this breath-alyser equipment must be broken "...I very much doubt it " said the man..." Tonight I'm the designated decoy ".....

...Chris.....I NEVER drink & drive...DO YOU ???...
Old 05-14-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
This happened here Lakefield Ontario

This really happened here in a small town to the north of us .. was followed on CBC radio.. but it was several years ago.. must be somewhat of an urban legend.. Annie
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:26 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re Drinkies

Hi Annie....
Greetings 2U in Canada, from the UK...Gonna visit one day.......I kn over here it is quite common, BUT the DRUNK is R E A L ..., Tell Me Annie...If a person WAS in that drunken state, & entered their A/S, which is attached 2 their Vehicle....would one still get fined, as the whole IS one UNIT...or don't that count...I guess I bttr Shh !...Don't wanna give the Law FRESH ideas...LOL...
Hope Yr weather is pickin up now, Tell Me...Where U goin 4 Yr vacation this year...Any where NICE ?...Wherever U go, Take care, God Bless...Chris.....
Old 05-15-2004, 06:16 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
Hi Annie....
Tell Me Annie...If a person WAS in that drunken state, & entered their A/S, which is attached 2 their Vehicle....would one still get fined, as the whole IS one UNIT...or don't that count...I guess I bttr Shh !...Don't wanna give the Law FRESH ideas.
Chris, if the police here in the states want to be, um, gung-ho, they can arrest you for DUI if you are in the same parking lot as your car, and you have the keys in your pocket. It is a stretch, but it has happened. And that stays on your driving record forever.
Terry
Old 05-15-2004, 06:33 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Drink
Drive
Neither
Both

Can you guess the one wrong answer. When you drink and drive with your kids in the car the issue isn't how much you had to drink, it's that you are teaching the kids that the rules don't apply to them.

Cheers.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re-Drink

Hi Terry...
U GOTTA B KIDDIN...I kn when I passed thro a RED light in FL: I was soon jumped ALL over By a nice, VERY NICE peace offorcer...Hic...He realy went a little over the top abt it...& was realy astounded that I STILL had a CLEAN license after 30 + years of driving, ( TRUE & PROUD )....He almost read Me the riot act, & IF He could have understood how OUR Drivin licenses R set out...then He certainly WOULD have wrote-Me-up....I think by Me stickin My ARMS out of the van window waving a HUGE UNION JACK...gave the officer a fair hint that We were BRITISH TOURISTS...LOL, NO, actualy it was NO laughing matter at all...However...I got the tellin off of all Mother tellin offs...LOL....
At present there is a HUGE BLITZ on SPEEDIN...the forces are erecting speed-cameras almost everywhere....& there IS a huge increase in on " Spot Checks ", ...The police already kn EVERYTHIN abt U, B4 they STOP U....Only last week, when stopped at 5-30 am, on My way 2 work, the officer commented on My vehicle jus passing the MOT, a couple of weeks B4, so He need'nt check 4 FAULTS...( Would'nt have found any )...We display a little Sq: blue sticker the date of the NEXT MOT...Mine read ""MAR '05""...
Can't think WHY He stopped Me in the first place, sayin that, I guess it's a CRIME 2 B OUT B'Tween 11 PM- 6 AM...they think U gotta B doin something BAD at that time of NIGHT...Yep, gettin that BAD around here, I get some realy strange & sometimes STUPID questions asked when I walk our Lab; Toby at 4 am...B4 I go 2 work...It's NOT a crime...So how come I FEEL like a CRIMINAL..... ...LOL
Well Take care now, Nice readin U, as always...Chris.....