Old 12-02-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Learning how to live in the Airstream

Well we have been in the AS for 2 weeks now and wow it is a comedy of error.
We got the awning up all was well but I didn't know that pole in the middle was suppose to go in the big pole in front but the nice man next to us fixed that goof. Met a really neat lady 2 spaces down and she and I have talked and talked she went through what we are facing last year. I would love for my Drs to come here and see I am not crazy for doing this as there are tons of people that have packed it up and left even for the fact that it is the last trip for their spouse so now I really no longer feel alone in this.

Last night I heard this noise, the dogs were going ape so I opened the door and something brown dashed below the step (we have the screen room up) I started screaming bloody murder because I thought the thing was coming in the door to see me... the dog went crazy and neighbors start running and poor DH wakes up in a startled panic .. but man that thing was huge well it had to be huge whatever it was. It had a nice expensive meal so my dog food storage idea is not working which it is a stylish (not practical) storage biin and not odd creature proof. That thing has come back tonight but I was smart this time inched the door open and threw my crutch out the door only issue is I dropped the crutch and could not get down to get it so will have to wait until morning when DH wakes up and pray I don't have to go to the potty ...could be a long night for sure.

But over all this is working out well ... looking for places to visit .. may only be dream visits as DH is not doing well but we are enjoying our time together even if our trips will only be in our dreams ...we do have the first part of that dream though and that is the AS and making every second quality time
Now off to see how I can find a leather sofa that will fit in here gotta love web shopping lol see I dont need to have to walk my fingers do it for me

Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Your ability to laugh instead of cry is really inspirational! Watch the weight on the sofa.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ditto to danalee. Keep finding the positives and stay focused on what is working out and going well.

Good luck to you.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
Sounds like a 'coon. They love dog and cat food.
A bowl of dogfood, a flashlight, and a BB Gun would
make for a very good story!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
they caught this one yesterday

Collin County authorities searching for missing African wild cat

10:08 AM CST on Saturday, November 28, 2009

By JENNIFER EMILY / The Dallas Morning News
Collin County authorities are asking for the public's help to find an exotic animal that escaped from the St. Paul-Lucas area.
The missing serval is privately owned, and authorities say it is not considered dangerous. But they ask anyone who sees the 40-pound African wild cat to call 911 and not approach it. The serval could act aggressively if threatened, officials said.
The cat is orange with black spots and is wearing a black collar and red harness. The cat has been neutered and declawed, and it has a heart problem.
It was last seen in the area of Aztec Trail and Parker Road. The owners passed an inspection in August to ensure that they were outfitted to house an exotic animal.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Collin County authorities searching for missing African wild cat
Could it be ?You might want to get bigger dogs.
Jo
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
African Wildcat....hmmm....maybe something a bit larger than a BB Gun.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
leather

I wonder if it wouldn't be a good thing to call the AS factory at JC and use their sources for a couch. They have beautiful ones in the new units that are that ultra leather. I am sure that they have the dimensions that you can use.

Sounds like you are doing a good job of getting used to the AS fulltime life. I wish you additional good luck!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
oh now that is all I need is a friggin wild cat to munch on my brave dumb dog. But we are pretty far from Plano we are at Sandy Lake. Was going to move as I didn't like it here at first but the maintance guy is cool and the place is clean and when the awning attacked me this nice guy helped me So to me that is first class !!! Despite my furry friend that keeps coming in the middle of the night but tonight I will be ready for the beast I got a trap and will take the bugger to the country where he can bug someone else. I sure hope it is a coon all I saw was it's brown fur dart under the steps .... Found a new use for the crutches they do great at pushing the awning up to get the water out of it These electric oil heaters are great they make this a real toasty twinkie and they all say I can't do this hahaha we maybe crippled and dying but we are still tough ole birds...
I will check out AS sofas.. we had leather furniture in the house and it just holds up much better when you have dogs. Didn't think about the weight ... guess I better stop and think about what all I am doing... but my wine collection and clocks stay even if I have to buy another car for them to ride in when we hit the road and we will hit the road I don't care what anyone says period this fat lady has not sung yet
Old 12-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Drink the wine collection and without a job who needs clocks.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Just take things day by day - you will be ok.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
awww see even though DH is sickly he still ticks me off and that is where the clocks come in see I have 20 of them well only 5 with me and they gong you know that old 1800s gong and when he ticks me off I wind them all up with about a 2-3 second timing where they gong forever then it ticks him off

Not sure what kind of Coon this is but it is a friggin huge one bet it is the size of huge dog and no I am not hitting on the wine besides this wine is major old probably some weird stuff in it ... but this coon is bigger than this cage... so the WW Coon is still at large with not peace treaty in sight So as soon as I figure out Plan D I will follow through with that
Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
If it's that big, it could make a fine rug for in front of your leather couch!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybillrae View Post
If it's that big, it could make a fine rug for in front of your leather couch!

Woo Hoo Now we have Plan E after I get Plan D ...