Old 01-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio

hi wondering if there were any knitters out there,if so what are your favorite things to knit on the road?

runningbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
I knit and crochet

I knit and crochet....but not with Airstream Life. When we travel and go with our Airstream we enjoy a different type of life.

We don't enjoy the SAME things we do enjoy at home. We enjoy the sites, travel, friends, conversations, ....the Airstreal Living.

For us it is R&R and enjoyment with other Airstreamers.

Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
One of our "silver sisters" has a knitted wash cloth with an Airstream image. You might enjoy working on that. ~G
1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin

Sandy knitted some nice fingerless gloves for me when we were in Bozeman, I have them with me right now!

Lots of knitters in WI
I'm NOT an old man.............
54 Flying Cloud
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Airstream cozy?

Here's an ambitious project, a bus cozy. Wouldn't an Airstream cozy look cool? Improve insulation for winter camping, too.

Not sure how you clean it, though. . .

NinkyBink Boutique - Weblog
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
1977 23' Safari
Commerce , Texas
I love to knit & crochet while traveling; my favorite patterns to work on are neck scarves, hats, and baby blankets or lap afghans (all because they're not so bulky and are easy to handle). I always carry a few small projects along!

Janet & Jim

"You can buy a cheaper burger, but then you gotta eat it." Texas Burger
jal4509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #7
Rivet Master
1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
I am having fun with socks. Toe up 2 at a time using magic loop.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
Site Team
, Minnesota
How naughty!
markdoane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
AS cozy

Now that would be an ambitious project. I can see some of the silvery yarn being put to work. Very cute. Wonder how much yarn that would take??? LOL I say go for it!

I have been crocheting blocks using afghan stitch and I intend to put 3D butterflies on some of them. And I have some thread crochet going on too. This is a good time of year to get out the projects and get to work.
Larry and Lou
CP: Water/30 amp/waste dump/WIFI & Room for 2-3 units; PM us if you are headed our direction!
Air #2695
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
Site Team
, Minnesota
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
How naughty!
Sorry, I thought this was about knickers. .
markdoane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member
2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ

One serious knit freak here. I always have a project (or two or three) happening. I admit I don't knit alot when I am with my Airstream peeps because I'd rather enjoy their company but when its time to snuggle up in the trailer I immediately pick up the needles again.

I also love to knit two at a time socks on magic loop. Doing two at a time changed my life, now I have so many pairs of hand knit socks. Just gave a pair to a friend for her birthday, she was so excited.

For any of you ladies who might be in the Arizona area I get together with a group of ladies for Knit N Camp twice a year. This is not an Airstream event but so much fun. We pick a spot either here in the valley or up north, camp for the weekend, knit and visit a local yarn shop. The info is on Ravelry under Arizona Knitters thread. If you're a knitter and not on Ravelry yet I highly recommend it! Needless to say this is not a fun weekend for men folk so we leave them at home.

Happy knitting and see you down the road~ Julianne
Julianne Jill Campbell

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #12
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I am a voracious crochet-er, something I took up late in life and taught myself out of a book at WalMart. It is so relaxing, easy to do in a small space and gives me a simple creative outlet.

I do large projects (such as blankets and afghans) at home, dishcloths and such when we travel or are camping. There are such incredibly beautiful variegated cottons out there for kitchen items, they can become small works of art with the colors and look so pretty as you use them.

Dishcloths tend to multiply quickly, so I give them away to family, friends and friendly fellow campers so as to have room for more! It's a good thing.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member
1977 23' Safari
Commerce , Texas

I've crocheted for years but am a fairly recent knitter. Haven't attempted socks yet (looks complicated) but would love to. Maybe I'll find a class!

I usually crochet or knit while on the road or once settled in for the night. I'm reminded of great trips when I look at some of those projects.

I am also in a knit/crochet prayer shawl group which makes hats, afghans, shawls, etc. for community members, military, and a children's hospital in our area. While traveling I've found wonderful yarn shops & great yarn bargains for our group!

Janet & Jim

"You can buy a cheaper burger, but then you gotta eat it." Texas Burger
jal4509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
A 7th year newby
1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
Super-Scarves for Superbowl 2012

I'll be working on a scarf for a volunteer at the 2012 Super Bowl hosted by the city of Indianapolis, and our NFL franchise, the COLTS!. That is, if there is a football season in 2011!

Volunteers will be given these scarves for the cold weather. The city is excited for the chance to host this big party.

Knitters will hand in their scarves and the NFL will add an official patch to each scarf. Due date is in November 2011.

I suppose if there is no Super Bowl, we'll get to keep the scarf.

Colors are approved by the organizers, Colts blue and white. I bought my yarn today at Mass Ave Knit Shop. Other knit shops and all of the public libraries are also making supplies available.

Patterns can vary, can't include a team logo, but can include footballs and other related symbols.

It's a fun way to get the community involved, and share some Midwest hospitality.

Indianapolis, IN
1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote