Old 04-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Congratulations! Summer is coming, so remember to stay in the shade and drink lots and lots of water!

Old 05-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Garner, , North Carolina
so any updates.. you make it out OK and all..

TUG2.net check it out for good rental deals
2003 F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L PowerStroke
WBCCI#1691, Piedmont Unit #161, Region #3
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Wow - where did the time go? I can hardly believe 3-months has passed.

I was able to fly a friend from NV to MD and ride with me to AZ (and then flew her back to NV)! I took care of all my trailer, safety tasks and hit the road. It was a 5-day, uneventful trip. Thankfully we missed all the storms. Though the trip was very hard on my senior greyhound. Jumping in/out of the truck was hard on old, scared/injured legs. I was so glad when she started showing some improvement earlier this month and is now getting around well.

I love this place!!!!!!!!!!! It is hot. Damn hot. And it's keeping me out of my trailer. She's at a little RV storage place a couple miles from my home. It's a nice enough place but doesn't allow for any real access - and that means I can't really work on her as I need. So I'll look to some place that has more room.

I've started to settle into my job. Though it's a whole different world from the small R&D environment. Honeywell is a corporate beast! I'm liking it now - and the folks are friendly.

I've been doing some hiking - mostly in the White Tank Mountains. And just bought a commuter bike. It's a little hot to really ride, but I've strolled around the area.

I'm ready to go camping!

Cheers and again, thanks for all of your help and guidance in this move.

Laura
Old 07-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Funkill, Laura we were wondering how it went. Glad you are getting settled in and work is going good.

We like to refer to it as a dry heat, although it's a bit humid for now. This is the worst of it and you will love the other season.

Look for announcements from 4CU and Phoenix Unit later this year so you can join some Airstreamers.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Laura, that's great you like it here! Please be careful to take - and drink - plenty of water when you're outside!!! The Phoenix Unit sounds like fun - maybe we'll run into each other sometime.