Old 07-25-2006, 01:27 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Size

Hi, we spent three years to determine a Safari 25 ft queen would be perfect for us; two old people and two little dogs. [ one little dog now ] As for the "Holiday Inn" wife, My wife especially likes the fact that everywhere we go, we have our own bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchen. And I second that!
We never plan to change, up down, or sideways. We are extremely happy with our decision and will only buy a newer trailer if something bad was to happen to this one.

Bob

Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
We have a 19 footer and we would go to a 25er for only one reason, duel singles. Once the nightstand is removed and a piece of wood added...King size bed.

As a new owner I have been shocked by how many people stop by and ask to see the inside. I do love their reactions to it though.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
We have a 19 footer and we would go to a 25er for only one reason, duel singles. Once the nightstand is removed and a piece of wood added...King size bed.

As a new owner I have been shocked by how many people stop by and ask to see the inside. I do love their reactions to it though.
I did just that. I have a 25' twin and removed the nightstand and added 3/4" plywood. Instant kingsize bed!!!!
We love the size of ours, just right for 2 and the dog.
We also get a lot of people that want to look inside. I love to show it off.
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #32
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Narrow minded here

You read that right. One of the great things about my 1968 Trade Wind is the narrow body. I know that going through construction zones there is plenty of space on both sides, but I always feel cramped by those concrete barriers whether I am towing or not. The Trade Wind is only a tad wider than my truck so I donít feel like I am threading a needle at 50mph. I spent two weeks earlier this summer on the back roads of Tennessee, lots of twisting narrow road with hair pin turns (and under one rail road bridge). The AS towed like a champ and was always in its lane where it belonged. Makes for an easier fit between the odd tree as well. Although I am currently full timing and a few more feet of length and width would be of help, the long term plan for my coach is for travel with lots of highway time and lots of camping in remote areas not designed for the RV equivalent of a double wide.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:21 AM   #33
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
We're very happy with our 22' Safari. For a year, it sat in our driveway as we worked on it. It almost fills our (admittedly small) driveway, so it was a bit of a shock to take it camping for the first time and have it dwarfed by a giant motorhome on one side, and a massive 5th wheel on the other. We just kept saying, "But it looks so big in the driveway!" When people tour our little Safari, without fail their comment is, "It seems so big inside!"

My in-laws have a giant SOB trailer, and as far as I can tell, all they do is fill the extra space with "stuff" that they never use. (They also had to buy a bigger tow vehicle to haul more of the "stuff" that they can't leave behind.) When does the madness end?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
We're very happy with our 22' Safari. For a year, it sat in our driveway as we worked on it. It almost fills our (admittedly small) driveway, so it was a bit of a shock to take it camping for the first time and have it dwarfed by a giant motorhome on one side, and a massive 5th wheel on the other. We just kept saying, "But it looks so big in the driveway!" When people tour our little Safari, without fail their comment is, "It seems so big inside!"
Hi Mel,

We get the same comments from fellow campers wherever we stay..our Safari is so tiny and cute, but huge inside, they'd say..we used to have it parked outside our fence on our busy street..neighbors would certainly wonder and ask us where we'd been since it was absent when we took it on our trips..we finally tore down the fence and moved it into our yard, put back up the fence..much more privacy and comfort for sure!..
Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Sun Valley , Idaho
Love, Love our little Quicksilver

We also get lots of "lookie Loos" and when ever we stop for gas or in a camp
ground people stare. We notice young people like it best as they always give
a thumbs up and say "COOL TRAILER". We travel with our two Kerries and we
are more than comfortable and we can also have four for dinner if it's raining
outside. We have lots of storage, more than enough. We would never go
bigger as we like the small campgrounds usually. Once in a pinch on Saturday
night we were lucky to get the last spot at Jordenelle State Park out of Park
City , Utah. It was I am sure the smallest sight in the park but we had no
problem at all. Happy Trails, Betty & John
Old 07-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2004 19' International CCD
Ridgefield , Connecticut
My 19' Sparky fits me just fine- easy to tow and maneuver. I usually travel alone or with my 13 year old son, and I often get plenty of onlookers at campgrounds when people watch to see a woman unhitching/settng up all alone. It's SO EASY to hitch/unhitch, plug in and settle in- and I have it down to less than 10 min. for everything. When my husband comes along I have to teach him what to do! At this point, I wouldn't change anything- this is the perfect size for our needs.