Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,693
Images: 10
It's Calm on ASF, What?

Hi! I'm relatively new here.

But I'm not new to internet forums; have participated in quite a few, actually.

Which brings me to this: You don't fight here much, do you? I've sported a few cyber shiners, been banned - what fun!

People seem to get along exceedingly well on this site.

What's wrong with y'all?

Are you just tired from all that driving?
__________________

__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
Chief Chili Cook
 
newroswell's Avatar
 
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 738
That's all here.

WBCCI Forum - Airstream Forums
__________________

__________________
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,693
Images: 10
You have a constitution which legislates peace and harmony?

Gee, I didn't know that.

Maybe I bought the wrong trailer.
__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
tpi
Rivet Master
 
2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 866
Images: 2
Maybe its because we all made a somewhat unusual choice and have curiosity even empathy in some cases.

I've always been a bit attracted to the offbeat.

There isn't as much of the "get off my lawn' attitude here, the grumpy one upmanship, or the pompous touch as certain other similar forums.
__________________
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
Rivet Master

 
Southwestern , Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,669
Wink Ya gotta know where to look. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Hi! I'm relatively new here.

But I'm not new to internet forums; have participated in quite a few, actually.

Which brings me to this: You don't fight here much, do you? I've sported a few cyber shiners, been banned - what fun!

People seem to get along exceedingly well on this site.

What's wrong with y'all?

Are you just tired from all that driving?
Hi!

If you're looking for a good old-fashioned online bar brawl, look for practically any thread on the WBCCI sub-forum,

threads on Canadian border crossing,

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...ols-77702.html

or anything to do with what kind of guns to carry in your Airstream,

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f382...ice-72517.html

Hint: scroll down the index looking for threads with the padlock symbol--indicating threads the moderators have locked!

Happy browsing!
.
__________________
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,693
Images: 10
Bar brawls......guns?

Yahoo! I have found my element.

__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
x
 
XXXX , XXXX
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Hi!

If you're looking for a good old-fashioned online bar brawl, look for practically any thread on the WBCCI sub-forum,

threads on Canadian border crossing,

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...ols-77702.html

or anything to do with what kind of guns to carry in your Airstream,

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f382...ice-72517.html

Hint: scroll down the index looking for threads with the padlock symbol--indicating threads the moderators have locked!

Happy browsing!
.
You left out tires, axles, tow vehicles, hitches, brake size, etc etc.
__________________
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
Moderator
 
moosetags's Avatar

 
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,762
Images: 5
Generally speaking, Airstream people are a cut above. These forums are well moderated.

Brian
__________________
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
Rivet Master

 
Southwestern , Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
You left out tires, axles, tow vehicles, hitches, brake size, etc etc.
Oh, yeah--forgot about tow vehicles. . .

"I am towing my 31 foot Sovereign with my Mini Cooper. Do you think I'll have enough power going through the Rocky Mountains?"
.
__________________
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Oh, yeah--forgot about tow vehicles. . .

"I am towing my 31 foot Sovereign with my Mini Cooper. Do you think I'll have enough power going through the Rocky Mountains?"
.
I wouldn't tow that 16' Bambi with anything less than the Mastadon 4000 Tandem Duallie!
But I won't use sway control, because Airstreams don't sway!

There. Is that enough inflammation for one post?
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member
 
2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 408
Happily, I have found Airstreamers to be very helpful and give good honest opinions but are not afraid to disagree with one another. One word describes it - civility.
__________________
Kosm1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
You can see how civilized we are here...http://www.airforums.com/forums/f318...eam-53083.html

I'll leave it to others to comment how successful we were.
__________________

__________________
PFC.....

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.